Left Behind the computer game...Christians are to kill based on faith.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nightninja56 said:

Translate Allah, and you get "God"

just because they fight for "God" doesnt mean they are Christians

real Christians have a true relationship with Jesus Christ...and they live according to His Word

Hello "no true Scotsman" fallacy! :wave:

Translate Allah and you get god. So maybe a lot of the people fighting under 'allah' are actually fighting under god and ARE ACTUALLY CHRISTIANS :ohmy:

That is the most far fetched stretching argument i've ever seen in my life.

But then Allah and god ARE the same "person" as we all know, so TECHNICALLY when people bomb things in the name of god and allah its the same person. So reeeeeeaslly, your god is involved in every religious bombing. Disgraceful :|

nightninja56 said:

real Christians have a true relationship with Jesus Christ...and they live according to His Word

just don't walk around thinking that there aren't Christian terrorists, or that people aren't terrorized by Christians.

that's all.

nightninja56 said:

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds in context?

OK guys, I think that's enough objections to get the point across.

Once again though, this thread is straying pretty far off-course--as Kieran pointed out, the thread topic is the Left Behind game and its appropriateness (or lack of it), not which religion is "really" the most violent.

The question I'm still trying to figure out is the context of the game -- namely, other than hearing that the game is pretty violent, I'm not sure what violence is perperated by Christians. The thing I gather as most offensive from the game is getting points for converting people -- which may be obnoxious (especially when evaluated in a theological light), but is hardly the same thing as senseless bloodletting. In that light, I don't even know if the title of this thread is appropriate. Do the Christians in the game kill? I know that the setting is Armageddon, so nations are supposedly rising against nations (which may explain the presence of tanks and what not).

If anyone knows, please, enlighten. I haven't read the books and only saw the first film (forced to by my church youth group), which was basically a poorly-written, poorly-executed "conspiracy thriller". No real violence that I can recall.

Last edited:
Here is the official website for the game; this is a page within the site that briefly describes the game and includes a link to FAQs, some of which touch on the violence issue. To paraphrase, the rationalization appears to be, Yes Christians do kill in this game, however it is justified violence directed at members at the forces of the Antichrist. It's not clear to me from the rather scant descriptions how such members are identified.

The odd thing that strikes me about this game is the fact you get to play as the Satanic forces.

For something that ostensibly has an evangelical purpose behind it, this option makes it more than a little self-defeating.

yertle-the-turtle said:
The odd thing that strikes me about this game is the fact you get to play as the Satanic forces.

For something that ostensibly has an evangelical purpose behind it, this option makes it more than a little self-defeating.

An attempt at making the game marketable to other fundamentalists (of the Islamic persuasion). :|

But some sects of Islam do believe in the rapture and that Jesus will come back and slay the antichrist. The mujahadeen aren't fighting for what they view as evil, they are simply fighting for Allah's dominion over humanity since we can't live our lives properly unless it's according to his will.

Last edited:
I picked up on the irony in your statement but I wanted to clarify on the universal values of faith that so many believers, although I must confess that eternal servitude does not strike me as a good place to be.

Man I TK'd three Christians by accident in MP. Still a great game though. The Jews were getting our Church flag but Skip and I found an empty Willy jeep and loaded it up with dynamite packs jihad-style. They never saw it coming, pure ownage! After that we saw the B-17 overhead dropping Torahs so we had to respawn closer to the Muslims. Luckily they were occupied with the Church flag as well so we snuck round the back and capped the two snipers on top of the mosque - camping bitches.

Canadiens1160 said:
Man I TK'd three Christians by accident in MP. Still a great game though. The Jews were getting our Church flag but Skip and I found an empty Willy jeep and loaded it up with dynamite packs jihad-style. They never saw it coming, pure ownage! After that we saw the B-17 overhead dropping Torahs so we had to respawn closer to the Muslims. Luckily they were occupied with the Church flag as well so we snuck round the back and capped the two snipers on top of the mosque - camping bitches.

This is going to be an FPS? I'm so burned out on the genre, but whatver. Canadians - you want to start a Klan when the game comes out? Maybe we can be the Krist's Krazieeyed Killahz, if it's not taken already.

I hope this gets a bigger outcry from the public that the GTA series got, encouraging to kill based on faith surely must be seen as worse than hitting a prostitute with a bat.

Canadiens1160 said:

Can I play with you?
I'm atheist, so I don't care who I have to defeat :)

Don't worry 'bout the TK's, shit happens.

From awhile ago ^^^, I"m just going to finalize my thoughts.

TRUE Christians are not to go around killing, that is the end all be all. I'm not really sure what this game is trying to do, but I have read a couple of the books (like 5 years ago) and obviously all the Christians are taken up to be with Lord, and some others are then saved while living in the Tribulation. If all hell is breaking loose around me, I am going to defend myself. This is probably the point of the game (that is kind of how the books that I have read go).

So whatever fallacies you have about those of us who have a true relationship with Jesus Christ, we are not killing machines or want to go 'capping infidels' (as some people have insinuated). Anyone who kills in the name of Jesus Christ does NOT have a relationship with him, bottom line. He would never tell someone to do that.

nightninja56, the point of the books is that those 'left behind' (presumably apart from the righteous protagonist & friends) deserve whatever they get. That is the message, and I doubt the game is very much different.

Whatever relationship it bears to Christianity (true or otherwise) is purely coincidental.

As for the other stuff you said, could that not just as easily apply to 'true Muslims'? Isn't that the rub of all these endless tiresome threads at places like this over the years? Ok, so you'll know true Christians by their peaceful loving actions... and those lone nuts who blow up abortion clinics are lone nuts. But all Muslims are expected to answer for Al Qaeda.

i guess i can't expect people without faith to understand

but, I see "Christianity" (or rather, a true relationship with Jesus Christ) to be the only way to Heaven...I believe that all Muslims are wrong, and will not be going to Heaven and I'm sorry but that is my viewpoint...I'm not some crazy redneck who says that all Muslims are terrorists and should go die, I'm just simply saying that they are wrong, even if they are peaceful.

Again, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, simply because they don't have the relationship I have.

nightninja56 said:
i guess i can't expect people without faith to understand

but, I see "Christianity" (or rather, a true relationship with Jesus Christ) to be the only way to Heaven...I believe that all Muslims are wrong, and will not be going to Heaven and I'm sorry but that is my viewpoint...I'm not some crazy redneck who says that all Muslims are terrorists and should go die, I'm just simply saying that they are wrong, even if they are peaceful.

Again, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, simply because they don't have the relationship I have.

but don't you see? a Muslim might well say the same thing as you and would be using your own form of logic, and you really have no leverage over him. faith is faith is faith, no matter what religion. there are many people without faith, or who have left faith, who fully understand these things, and understand that it's rather pointless to argue about the "truth" when it comes to faith, since it's faith, which by definition requires doubt, and it's not something that can be proven in any rational sense.

it might make you feel good to announce thatyou have a wondeerful and unique relationship to an invisible friend, and that Muslims (and, by extention, everyone who isn't Christian, which is the majority of the globe) are doomed, but that makes no more sense than a Muslim saying that all Christians are doomed.

ultimately, such attitudes are not just pointless, but destructive.

nightninja56 said:
TRUE Christians are not to go around killing, that is the end all be all. I'm not really sure what this game is trying to do, but I have read a couple of the books (like 5 years ago) and obviously all the Christians are taken up to be with Lord, and some others are then saved while living in the Tribulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

Many Christians who do not agree that there will be a pre-tribulation rapture of the Church point out that it is a relatively new doctrine, first popularized in the 1800s and elaborated on subsequently. There are whole denominations holding this view. The Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox do not accept it either, as such a thing as "rapture" was never taught by any of their bishops, from the beginning. Instead of "being taken up into Heaven", these churches follow the scriptures (such as Isaiah) clearly describing a physical Kingdom of Heaven that will be on a renewed Earth, following the Great Tribulation, the Resurrection of the Dead, and Judgment Day. For all practical purposes no Christians held to this theory before Darby in the 1840’s. For example, none of the great reformers, Luther (Martin Luther, Preface to the Revelation of St. John, II; quoted in Thigpen, Paul, The Rapture Trap, p. 142.)or Calvin, (Commentary on First Corinthians, 52; quoted in Thigpen, Paul, The Rapture Trap, p. 142) believed in a “Secret Rapture to Heaven” theory. Nor did the ancient church fathers such as St. Chrysostom, St. Justin Martyr, St. Irenaeus, St. Hippolytus hold to the theory of the pre-tribulation rapture. (Paul Thigpen, The Rapture Trap, p. 131 et seq, quoting the church fathers.)

Many do not accept the pre-Tribulation rapture interpretation because they believe that it is not clearly expressed in the Bible, but instead relies on extrapolations and inferences made from unconnected verses. Many further believe that if anything this significant were intended to be a major part of Christian teaching, then surely Christ would have made a plain reference to it in his own sermons as recorded in the Gospel, and not buried such a major prophecy in a few verses of the Apostle Paul. Many times the New Testament describes when something will happen “before” another event. Indeed, three times the idea of “before an event” is used with reference to the coming of Christ. The first of these is Acts 2:20 where it refers to events that will happen “before” the coming of Christ – in this case his first coming. In the second, I Cor 4:5, Paul warns his readers against pronouncing judgments “before” the Lord returns. The third is in the heart of the primary passage that is used to support the idea of a pre-tribulation rapture. At I Thess. 4:15 it says that those who are living will not precede or go “before” those who have died at the coming of the Lord. And as noted in II Thess. 2:3 it says that the anti-Christ will occur before the coming of Christ.

That's about all I have to say about this Rapture nonsense.

nightninja56 said:
I believe that all Muslims are wrong, and will not be going to Heaven and I'm sorry but that is my viewpoint...
YOUR VIEWPOINT!!! That's right.
nightninja56 said:

And what kind is that?

:huh:

Play multiplayer games as Tribulation Force or the AntiChrist's Global Community Peacekeepers with up to eight players via LAN or over the internet!

:hmm: maybe this means that I will be able to walk down the street without being pestered by a couple of specific individuals because they will be too busy playing the game. I hope this does to some people as WoW has done to some of my (former) friends. :D

BonoVoxSupastar said:

YOUR VIEWPOINT!!! That's right.

And what kind is that?

:huh:

see above, a relationship with Jesus Christ...

and to Ormus, yeah that is a debate among believers, but we obviously arent going into that...

UberBeaver said:

This is going to be an FPS? I'm so burned out on the genre, but whatver. Canadians - you want to start a Klan when the game comes out? Maybe we can be the Krist's Krazieeyed Killahz, if it's not taken already.
Sounds good. Only problem is that the Islamic team gets all the good guns (AK-47s) as soon as they spawn. Maybe we can explosive pack the mosque or something before too many people get on the server.

nightninja56 said:

see above, a relationship with Jesus Christ...

and to Ormus, yeah that is a debate among believers, but we obviously arent going into that...

Yes but you are basically saying you have a better relationship with Christ than others...:|

I've just seen pictures of that game and... now way I will play this game!
The graphics are actually crap, and totally out of date.
No details, no splatter, no realistic effects.

Never I'm going to play this game!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom