LDS General Conference - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 12:50 PM
LDS General Conference

I'm not trying to force my religion on anyone, but like the topic says "free your mind" if anybody would like to hear some good messages that will free the mind and uplift, I would just like to recommened a general conference session at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Mountain Time). And you can find the channel it is on here-http://www.bonneville.info/gc_lookup.htm

Or if you have any questions I would be happy to anwser them!
__________________

__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Re: LDS General Conference

Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23
I'm not trying to force my religion on anyone, but like the topic says "free your mind" if anybody would like to hear some good messages that will free the mind and uplift, I would just like to recommened a general conference session at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Mountain Time). And you can find the channel it is on here-http://www.bonneville.info/gc_lookup.htm

Or if you have any questions I would be happy to anwser them!
I watched it.
President Hinckley gave a nice talk.
I liked President Faust's talk too.

dbs
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Re: Re: LDS General Conference

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


I watched it.
President Hinckley gave a nice talk.
I liked President Faust's talk too.

dbs


You watched the morning session?(Faust)
I really liked alot of the talks also!
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM
macphisto23-

Have you seen these LDS movies yet?
I quite enjoyed them, they were both done well.

http://www.workandtheglory.com/
http://www.americanzion.com/

If you did, what did you think?

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Hey DBS,

I have actually seen The Work and The Glory, in all honestly I can't remember much about the movie, all I remember is that it was pretty good. I never heard of "American Zion" I will have to check it out!

By chance have you ever heard of Saturday's Warrior?
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23
Hey DBS,

I have actually seen The Work and The Glory, in all honestly I can't remember much about the movie, all I remember is that it was pretty good. I never heard of "American Zion" I will have to check it out!

By chance have you ever heard of Saturday's Warrior?
lots of times.

ameican zion is work and glory pt2.

it will be out on dvd may 9th.

it was better than the first one.

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-06-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 12:50 PM
LOL,

My dad wrote Saturday's Warrior(the play), that's why I ask. He gave the rights to someone to make the video, but he didn't like it. So right now he is in the works of making a new video for Saturday's Warrior to hit the big screen. It should be interesting to see how it works out?

I'll for sure check out the work and the glory pt.2
Thanks
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 04-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM

yes..i never saw the play, only the video, which...wasn't the greatest.

i have always loved the music of saturday's warrior.

is your father Lex de Azevedo?

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #9
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Doug Stewart
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM
oops, ok

Lex de Azevedo was the director of the original play correct?

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
Refugee
 
AliEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,320
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Did you know that Arthur "Killer" Kane, former New York Dolls bassist converted to momonism in 89?

He described his LDS calling as "an LSD trip from Jesus" and went on to work in his ward's family history library.



__________________
AliEnvy is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy
Did you know that Arthur "Killer" Kane, former New York Dolls bassist converted to momonism in 89?




Yes.

http://forum.interference.com/showth...=new+york+doll

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
Refugee
 
AliEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,320
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Haha nice...I ought to get around more in this forum lol - thanks for the link! It was released on DVD Tues and I've had it since then but only got a chance to watch it today.

Loved it loved it loved it. So much better than most typical rockumentaries.

to Morrisey.
__________________

__________________
AliEnvy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com