Latin America Heats Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Mexico: 'Case closed' with Venezuela

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- President Vicente Fox's office said Tuesday it would no longer get involved in the diplomatic flap between Mexico and Venezuela that prompted both countries to withdraw their ambassadors.

"For us, the case is now closed," Fox spokesman Ruben Aguilar said. "We hope that in coming weeks and months, relations cool off so that we can re-establish them to their highest level."

The dispute began last week when Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called Fox a "puppy" of the United States. Tensions escalated on Sunday when Chavez warned his Mexican counterpart during a six-hour radio and television broadcast: "Don't mess with me, sir, because you'll get stung."

Fox demanded an apology or said Mexico would recall its ambassador to Venezuela. Caracas promptly ordered its ambassador home to protest what Foreign Minister Ali Rodriguez called an unjustified ultimatum by Mexico.

Things are quite tense, Fox is being attacked a lot by the mexican media, he's done a fine job in fucking up relations with Cuba, Argentina and now Venezuela, he needs to learn when to speak and when to be quiet

what?
Fox is wrong????
no no Chaves is the asshole here, he's fighting with everybody, Fox is doing the correct thing, what every president should do
:up:

Nube Gris said:
what?
Fox is wrong????
no no Chaves is the asshole here, he's fighting with everybody, Fox is doing the correct thing, what every president should do
:up:

look I am not a fan of Chavez, but there's ways to say something without breaking up relations with a country just because you disagree in something. Like I said Fox has screwed relations with many countries in Latin America and that recent stupid statement about african-americans in the US was just as stupid.

Yeah I want the insiders to comment on this. I am interested. :up:

We got Mexico and Lima here.
Where´s Muggsy?

More South Americans please. :hug:

La pura vida!!!!

Back
Top Bottom