Last Words (Kinda). - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Sicy Goddess-
When did you stumble in here?

Diamond

Old 03-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
*SigH*... Sicy.. Where are you coming from?.. You are missing the point, or purposefully redirecting it.. I myself was not trying to say that you 'can't' post a thumbs up icon.. Geezus.. that sounds absurd.. I've done posts in that vain before.. All I was saying is that when Diamond did it.. Diamond was Jumped on and Deboweled by Angela Harlem.. Sooo... I Just asked the Question.. 'Why Not, Angela.. Write the exact same thing about Popangel'.. I wasn't insulting her at all, I was just asking why the double standard?.. she did the exact same thing as Diamond.. That's all.. Please don't assume my position, or lecture me on something that is in a wayward direction from what I am saying. This is ridiculous that it takes so much to make such a small yet Obviously double standardish Point.

L.Unplugged

Double standard point?

Do us all a favor...go back and look at when you jumped on LMPA saying that she is only being a cheerleader and posting something like a thumbs-up and a statement "Like Lilly" as you put it.....then find where Angela Harlem's post is! Hmmm, looks like your post was a blantant slap in the face of LMPA (and Lilly) for coming in here and posting and agreeing with someone's comments. Angie posted after you - so you couldn't have decided "Well Angela called Diamond on it, so I am going to take the 'right' side and call PopAngel on it." I am not saying it was right for Angie to do it - just that your weasel-like attempt to dig yourself out doesn't hold up. You made a really ass-like post, and now you are trying to defend yourself by saying "well she did it too - why aren't you yelling at her." Grow up.

I am really suprised you didn't call Sicy a troll!

Old 03-25-2002, 08:59 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Sicy Goddess-
When did you stumble in here?

Diamond
Stumble in? ha ha - she got to this thread before you did.

(No sarcasm here) I love Diamond's posts!

*Owner of a diamondsexy Wrangler

Old 03-25-2002, 10:18 PM   #79
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener:

I am not saying it was right for Angie to do it -

I am really suprised you didn't call Sicy a troll!
Ahhh!!! YES!! Exactly! Finally some measure of 'equality' in this. Thank you Zone.

Thank you for giving me your judgement on various topics of 'trolls'.. Hahaha.. I take it to heart my friend.

Again, I'm just wondering what kind of satisfaction you try and gain by 'hunting' me down as you so have put it before?.. Obviously you are trying to groom 'Lemonite' for the real world, Well, When I see a man named 'Zonelistener', or a girl named 'Bono's Pet Frog' as signed on a lease, I will give you a call, as I will owe all of my life's wisdom as 'Lemonite' to you.

I do not understand how you relate an anonymous purely 'type written' character handle to a real breathing individual as you seem to directly be attacking me.. But I will pass that wiseom along to 'Ike the Genius' and 'Dave Put the Lotion in the basket Sheeny' when I see them.

L.Unplugged
Old 03-26-2002, 01:45 AM   #80
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:26 AM
Wow, is this ending? hehe.

Before it does, sorry Diamond dude, for singling you out, I was harsh, but really meant I just wanna hear what you think sometimes. And Z edgy and 80's sorry for getting your backs up about all this. And yes Sicy girl it was me! I think we can gather from Lemonite and Zoner's debate, the best thing to do when including someone in your argument, is to address them sepcifically.
We should save all this clever writing for a real debate! (like I can talk, being an instigator in all this, but ... )
Old 03-26-2002, 09:02 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Wow, is this ending? hehe.

Before it does, sorry Diamond dude, for singling you out, I was harsh, but really meant I just wanna hear what you think sometimes. And Z edgy and 80's sorry for getting your backs up about all this. And yes Sicy girl it was me! I think we can gather from Lemonite and Zoner's debate, the best thing to do when including someone in your argument, is to address them sepcifically.
We should save all this clever writing for a real debate! (like I can talk, being an instigator in all this, but ... )

Hahah.. Well said, I was beginning to feel the same thing... (I would put a thumbs up icon.. but it's always adam for me..)... Hahaha...

L.Unplugged
Old 03-26-2002, 11:42 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I do not understand how you relate an anonymous purely 'type written' character handle to a real breathing individual as you seem to directly be attacking me.. But I will pass that wiseom along to 'Ike the Genius' and 'Dave Put the Lotion in the basket Sheeny' when I see them.

L.Unplugged
So, are you saying you are not a real human? Are you asking if I am a real human? Or do you see this as a place where everyone around you is not real - that they are computer-generated IDs that spit out responses to your posts.

Or, is this computer idea what you are creating at Notre Dame that is going to keep you out of a cubicle?

I'm not following your logic here...zonelistener might be a nick I use for this board, but there is a real life human behind the nick, as well as for Lilly, Fizzing, Sicy and PopAngel, Sula and Diamond. Maybe if you had the opportunity to actually put a face and real name to some of the "anonymous" posters - you would feel differently. I stand behind what I post here, knowing all well that many others know that there is a human behind the posts.
Old 03-26-2002, 12:41 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

I wanted to post this....Icelady wrote this in Zoo Confessionals and I thought it was great. Mind you, I am guilty of this at times too - but she has a great argument.

Quote:
Originally posted by icelady:
For some people who can ignore all the bad for the good that's great. For those who can overlook everything that's great.

But I hear so much about this whole "it is not real". Itís just a forum. Get a life. And the list goes on. But you tend to forget that no matter whether itís the internet or not, no matter whether you know these people or not, not matter how real or not real it is, pointed words still hurt. It doesnít feel good with people you know and it doesnít feel good on the internet either. Maybe it's just because I'm older and have children - who knows.

When I come to these places, although I may not agree with what a person say or thinks, I have enough sense to realize that it doesnít matter what I think or what they think.

But it does matter how you treat people. Just because itís the internet and itís just a forum/I don't know these people doesnít give anyone the right to disrespect people and to be hurtful.

Iím sorry but sometimes I get angry when people belittle the fact that it shouldnít hurt your feelings or whatever.

Everyone should just be a little nicer and a little more considerate and a little more respectful of each other.

Sorry didnít mean to gripe but Iíve said my piece...
Old 03-29-2002, 05:31 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Quote:
I was using Lilly as a reference
You were using me alright.

Don't you EVER use me like that again! EVER!

.....you are lucky I was out of town for this....
Old 03-31-2002, 02:05 AM   #85
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:26 PM
i'm just joining the debate, but all i'd like to say is that i agree with what zonelistener quotes icelady as saying (lol - isn't that a mouthful?) about the internet life vs. the real life.

the net is a weird thing, because there's real people involved but it's all done anonymously, and it can be hard to tell sometimes what a person's emotions or whatever is behind what they're saying.

so much of the debate and arguing that happens here is done with little consideration for the person or people disagreeing with you. (that's a general you, btw. i'm not pointing fingers or anything.) far too often (and i've been guilty of this too) i've seen offensive comments made in various forums and chats (not just here) and it does kinda suck.

unfortunately, the advantage a chat has where it's more of a real-time place to talk, as well as a forum (somewhat at least), is a double-edged sword. it gives the opportunity for a debate to spark and for some very horrible comments to be made. had there been more time to reply to them (like with e-mail), the debate could've gone smoother.

just my opinion.

------------------
in august moon's surrender to a dust cloud on the rise...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth
Old 03-31-2002, 02:46 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly:
You were using me alright.

Don't you EVER use me like that again! EVER!

.....you are lucky I was out of town for this....
Hahaha.. I was 'Lucky'??? Oh Deary Me.. (Ducks the flying Tube Top).. Still... Just a reference, you publish yourself on a 'webforum' I don't quite think you're free from any reference.. Unless you were just trying to play tough?.. Nice... Your sense of Humor is appreciated.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-30-2002).]