Last week President Bush delivered a knock out speech in Communist China....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anybody see it?
Only 2 US Presidents have delivered speeches in China - Nixon and Bush.
Anyhow the speech was delivered at one of the most prestigous universities in China.
This university is equivilent to M.I. T. here in the states.
Bush was invited to speak there.
The students loved him.
He made a beautiful connection there.
He went on to explain the beauty of America and its freedoms.
After the speech, the students kept him there for 30 mins w/a question and answer period.
Many were laughing w/him and asking questions about America.
The leaders of China were very cordial.

The next day The Chinese newspapers printed the speech.
Only parts of it.
They censored the parts on freedoms in America. Nearly half of the speech from the telecast was omitted from the newspapers that the entire Chinese country saw on television.

I know why I love my country.

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 02-26-2002).]

There is an interesting article about China in the latest Christianity Today magazine, well worth checking out.

Comparing Bush's level of speech to Moore's physic is a good one. Considering that both need an overhaul.

I missed the speech but I'm glad to see it was so well received.

However, if you only judge a president by their speech that is like judging a 'subway sandwich' by that stupid commercial (the subway diet one).

I watched the whole speech. While I think it's quite a good speech, I don't think it was that excellent / special. Really. Last time Clinton went to another university in China and he gave a speech too. Therefore, there're at least 3 Presidents of US who has delievered speeches in China.

Oh, and no, not all of the newspapers censored those parts of the speech. Only some of them did. I know that.

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 02-27-2002).]

hip hip hooray for his speech writers then

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
hip hip hooray for his speech writers then

rolleyes.gif

what's your freakin problem z edge?
you think he wrote that speech himself?

or should I have posted in a disclaimer that Clinton his speeches were also written for him, so that even you can't start calling me a conservative hating liberal?

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 02-28-2002).]

Lets not forget the thrust or idea of the thread Brother Salome-
Bush "DELIVERED" an excellent speech that of course was written for him.
Slick Willy delivered a few good speeches in his day. A lot of Americans take issue w Clinton's personal integrety, unlike Bush's.

Db9

That may very well be true Mr Diamond, but I think Salome wanted to point out that folks sometimes dont think of this when heaping either praise or criticism of politicians speeches.

Originally posted by Salome:
what's your freakin problem z edge?
you think he wrote that speech himself?

or should I have posted in a disclaimer that Clinton his speeches were also written for him, so that even you can't start calling me a conservative hating liberal?

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 02-28-2002).]

This is uncalled for and unappreciated.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Good call on his part.

I'll just assume you're cheering the Administration for giving him the boot.. Yah.. You're right pop Angel... THat guy and his wife were just dumb to sit and boast about those things... A complete lack of Class and Professionalism on the part of that Family.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-01-2002).]

I personally don't have a lot of respect for the chine government..more and more they seem like they are becoming a rogue nation and because america needs the market..they are beating us over the heads with their every demand

Originally posted by Arun V:
I personally don't have a lot of respect for the chine government..more and more they seem like they are becoming a rogue nation and because america needs the market..they are beating us over the heads with their every demand

Just a little secret.. China is a Rogue Nation, We know that, everyone else knows that, but no one also wants to be invaded by an army of 3 Million.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Rono:
All superpowers are rough nations.

Read you, Rono.

I'm assuming you mean rogue as well... anyway, if you read a 'checklist' of what makes a rogue nation a rogue nation (things like massive build up of mass destruction weapons in an intimidating way with little or no regard for the opinions of others, little or no compliance with international treaties and laws etc - I think theres 10 points), guess who weighs in at #1?

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
I'm assuming you mean rogue as well... anyway, if you read a 'checklist' of what makes a rogue nation a rogue nation (things like massive build up of mass destruction weapons in an intimidating way with little or no regard for the opinions of others, little or no compliance with international treaties and laws etc - I think theres 10 points), guess who weighs in at #1?

You dont mean...surely no...New Zealand??????????
I told ya's to keep an eye on them...Sneaky Pete's all of them...

Back
Top Bottom