Last Day Of 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Since it's the last day just some random questions

What was your best day/moment of 2007? Your best memory, the best time you had?

What was your worst?

What was your most embarrassing moment of 07?

What are you most looking forward to personally in 08? Least looking forward to?

What is your biggest hope/wish for your country in 2008?

What is your biggest fear for your country in 2008?

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007? The best, most positive? The person who made the most positive impact? The most negative impact?

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08? Name one thing you could do to make it more positive.

What was your worst?

What are you most looking forward to personally in 08? Least looking forward to?

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007? The best, most positive? The person who made the most positive impact? The most negative impact?

2007's been a rough year. I'm trying to remember. Johnny Depp movies, maybe. Although the first day of minor league hockey season was pretty good--several fights, a hat trick and the opponents scoring our winning goal by knocking the puck into their net.

2007's been a series of bad days. The day my friend lost her job after 20 years, I think.

The revelation of the Ignore List.

A better year. Nothing in particular. Fear maybe that things don't get better.

That US gets back on to the right track and earns back its reputation. That we stay safe but don't get ugly to do so.

Fear that rhetoric will win out once again.

I don't think I can answer the news questions. I'm having a hard time remembering back.

The worst thing about 2007 was having to go to the hospital again. The best thing about 2007 was discovering ancestor research again after not doing it since high school.

Probably getting Kenya in July and going straight to the cottage we rent every summer for 2 weeks. What's better than swimming, hiking, lying in the sun, reading books...all with your new dog?

What was your worst?
I'm not really sure. Nothing horribly bad happened this year. Gaining a few more pounds, I guess. Also, Michigan having the worst housing market, high unemployment, and now the worst state economy really sucks.

When I was working at an AKC agility trial and Phil accidentally let Kenya loose and she was running all over the course looking for me.

I'm looking forward to this summer. My sis-in-law is getting married here in town, so we won't have to take off work or travel. Then the next week is the Olympics and I have two weeks off at the cottage for the Olympics. I'm trying to lose 15 lbs so I will look cute again.

I am least looking forward to the rest of another long winter. The constant dark, gray skies and snow until May are really a downer.

That people will remember we have separation of church and state and start to focus on real issues that affect us everyday, not making mountains out of molehills that are no one else's business.

That the war will drag on and on and important domestic issues will again go ignored.

Worst/negative - take your pick of bombings/terrorist attacks. I think those people have the most negative impact, the cowards that blow themselves up and take out innocent civilians and babies with them.

Best/positive - Maybe those scientists being able to make embryonic cells by using genes and skin cells instead of other embryonic cells? It seems like the world has gone to shit. Scientific advancements are pretty amazing, however.

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08? Name one thing you could do to make it more positive.
Hard to say. People promise so many things that give us hope but then there's no following through.

One thing I can do? I try to do small things that affect people locally, using skills that I have. I can't donate enough time or money to really make a dent in the grand scheme of things. I often do web projects for non-profits or just to help people out. We are going to put our dog Coke through pet assisted therapy training so that he can help people with physical therapy or help children with severe illnesses. Kenya is already passed, but this work is not intense enough for her. Coke loves people and being close to people. One volunteer opportunity that interests me is having a "secrets" dog. Basically, you go to battered women shelters where the women and children have been threatened and won't talk. They tell their "secrets" to the dog and then see that nothing bad happens, the dog still likes them, and then they will tell the secrets to the police or the social worker.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Getting a new job and finally being able to leave the newspaper I worked at for seven years was a great boost in many ways. Then there's the countless moments of joy with just family and friends.

What was your worst?
The worst thing that happened to our family is the aftermath of a huge series of lies told by my wife's sister. Long story.

Nothing really bad. There was that time I locked myself out of a hotel room and had to walk down to the front desk barefoot and just in a t-shirt and shorts and an old lady made fun of me. Then the key they gave me didn't work, so I had to do it all again.

I'm most looking forward to moving, which we'll be doing in a few weeks. We'll have more room for our two boys to run around in. We could possibly be debt free, except for our car and I'm hoping to take a side project I've been working on to the next level.
I'm least looking forward to . . . nothing really comes to mind!

That we get the right person in the White House. For me, it's Obama.

That we get the wrong person in the White House. For me, that'd be Clinton or Romney.

Worst news: The California Wildfires. The Virginia Tech shootings and all the other shootings. The disgrace that is professional sports in America (steroids, Vick, betting officials, etc.) This Bhutto stuff isn't good, either.
Best news: Right off the top of my head, North Korea backing down was a pleasant move. The green movement is great. The exposing of the prosperity Gospel movement and the getting-back-to-its-roots-in-a-modern-way movement in Christianity is thrilling. I'm also glad to learn Iran isn't going to bomb us tomorrow.
Best person: Bono, Obama, Gore
Negative impact person: Bush, terrorists, Britney

I am optimistic. In the end, love always wins. I think there are signs that people are becoming less apathetic, which is encouraging. Plus, I think people are tired of a lot of the crap that was flung in 2007 and they want something more out of 2008. The one thing I can do to make the world more positive is just continue to work on myself and love the people around me more.

It's between two:
1) Going to NYC for the first time ever with Mia (unico). We had such a great time and we both caught the fever and want to go back.

2) Seeing The Police on my 21st birthday, my whole life I thought I had missed out on them then all of a sudden there I was enjoying such an incredible band.

What was your worst?
Without a doubt the aftermath of the Virginia Tech shooting. I don't need to go into details.

:hmm: I'm sure there's somthing but nothing stands out.

Hopefully studying abroad in Prague for 4 months.
Being away from my cat for 4 months.

A campaign that actually brings people together instead of dividing them, a process that brings people into the process rather than alienating them.

The opposite of the above, that the presidential campaign gets nasty and divisive (worse than usual) and a rift grows.

I belive the Tech shooting was the most horrible news event, but out of it came the most positive as we saw college students come together all over the nation.

It's cliche, but Al Gore made a positive impact raising awareness not just of global warming but of simply protecting our environment. Thanks to him we're seeing all these "Go Green" movements that have nothing but good consequences.

Most negative, again sticking with the cliche George Bush. He's done nothing to unite people and we are worse off for it.

Yes I'm pretty pessimistic especially in light of the situation in Pakistan.
I will be actively campaigning (mainly for Mark Warner for Senate) and I'm hoping we'll see continued change in Washington to help save our face in the world.

U2democrat said:
A campaign that actually brings people together instead of dividing them, a process that brings people into the process rather than alienating them.

The opposite of the above, that the presidential campaign gets nasty and divisive (worse than usual) and a rift grows.

Well said. :up:

What was your best day/moment of 2007? Your best memory, the best time you had? My wedding day, and going to Chicago with friends to play golf and watch the U.S take on Brazil.

What was your worst? The day my wife moved out, and all of those days after we decided to separate. These days are going to continue into 2008.

What was your most embarrassing moment of 07? I had no choice, but I took a crap in a lake. Our engine broke down on the boat, and we were in the middle of the lake. I jumped into the lake, went underneath the boat and released it.

What are you most looking forward to personally in 08? Least looking forward to? Hopefully getting back on the saddle after my divorce. Not finding someone new, but actually leaving my home on the weekends. Playing more golf, and getting better. Trip to Colorado, and possibly England in the summer. I am not looking forward to work in 2008. Lots of big projects, and mgmt doesn't always have the best idea in mind.

What is your biggest hope/wish for your country in 2008? Our gov officials actually have the people's interests in mind.

What is your biggest fear for your country in 2008? Nuke bomb.

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007? The best, most positive? The person who made the most positive impact? The most negative impact? The war. Not really even sure of the positive. Al Gore did some pretty good work raising interest in Global warming. I'd say Dubya still has a pretty negative impact

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08? Name one thing you could do to make it more positive. Pessimistic. Vote for democrat in 08

November 7, I got 3 job offers (including my top choice) and my first paper was accepted for publication on the very same day. And I was in a car on the highway with two good friends as we ate McNuggets and fries and took stock of our lives.

Best memory and best time I had was on vacation. Walking on the Cape Cod beaches, and falling asleep on the ferry to Nantucket only to wake up to a massive sunburn. And doing it with one of my best friends = :up:

What was your worst?
May 2, when my grandmother died.

There was this night at Molly Bloom's....I would elaborate but I don't remember it exactly except that it involved cleavage and a very fun time. Not my finest hour!

Starting my new job in May and meeting lots of new people this summer (and getting a car in April!).
Having to look for a new place to live in the fall.

That the economy stays strong and continues to operate pretty much independently of what's happening down south.

That the dollar will go too high and it will negatively impact the industrial sector.

I can't think of a single most horrible news event in 2007. There were several doozies out there.
The most positive one was the announcement that scientists were able to now reprogram skin cells to behave like stem cells. In a perfect world it wouldn't be necessary to do this in order to get good work done. In our world, it was.
The most positive impact = Stephen Lewis, Al Gore, the Hilton grandfather for giving away his money
The most negative impact = Putin, Bush, the Mullahs and associated terrorist groups, Britney+Lindsay+Paris+their ilk, Rachael Ray (okay, so I just personally can't stand the woman).

Neither. I have a feeling that 2008 will be the year of the status quo in many ways. Which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing.

I can't really do anything to improve the general world situation, but I can act on a community level. I suppose the one thing I could do in the name of the global good is to forego getting a car in April. I've lived very environmentally consciously in the last 2 years - no car at all, and I've walked, taken buses or trains. However, necessity is a mean mofo and this is just how things have got to go. Perhaps somebody else out there can take one for the team instead of me for the time being.

graduating with my master's degree. what an achievement. someone believed in me, and admitted me to the program. ME. this crazy delinquent girl, who managed to get herself kicked out of undergrad. i feel in many ways i overcame my past, and proved to myself that i CAN do it.

What was your worst?
April 16...while very painful (and still is), in a way it really brought me closer to my friends. I was embraced by the global community. With all that I went through, I certainly didn't feel alone. I've never felt more loved. So it was a bad time, but in some ways, a positive time too.

Interviewing for a job at a design school with one of my collar tabs tucked under my blazer. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. (Thanks, Mike!)

Most: New beginnings -- a new life
Least: more rejection, more dreams going down the drain. i'll get up and try again, but i can't deny that it hurts every time.

I hope we can learn from the past and work together to make sure that the bad things are not repeated.

That we don't do the above. That there's no progress, no collective movement forward.

Obviously, I'm quite biased, and I'm going to say the shootings on my campus. No that I don't recognize other tragedies around the globe, but that this is just a microcosm of the violence that happens everywhere, and it just so happens that I was directly affected. My name and picture were on different news media all over the world. I've never before been a part of something like that.

As for the most positive, I'd say seeing how the nation got involved in the case of the Jena 6. The case itself was not too positive, however seeing the reaction of everyone was great. It really brought to light the issue of racism that is still very clear and present in this country (despite what others may say). I think it raised a lot of awareness.

Most positive impact - I'd say Bono and Al Gore, really. Both have done a lot for their causes and really worked hard to push for this movement of awareness and action. Those guys are awesome.

Most negative impact - I'd have to say Bush. This year alone, so much corruption has been revealed. I believe he has brought shame to the office. Not that he is the only one to have done so, but he certainly has not improved his image this year. I think he's done much more harm than good, not just in this country, but in the world. He's gotten away with so much, it is appalling.

Optimistic. I believe tragedies will continue to happen, but I've seen my own community prevail. We're still working at it, but I know it can happen. For as much bad there is in the world, there's a heckuvalotta good. I hope that we as a society can learn to seal those cracks and flaws in our system, and do our best to move forward and work for peace.

As for me, I'm going to continue dedicating my career to helping people. I think I can make a positive impact in this world by empowering people, healing what is broken, and helping them to achieve their dreams.

Last edited:
Wow, unico. Your post there is very inpsiring.

Sounds like 2008 is going to be an exciting one for you. Congrats on being where you're at now.

I would like to amend my earlier post. It is the last day of 2007 and I just learned of my most "inspiring" moment/person of 2007 - a fellow member of a dog lover community died today after she went to save her dog and was hit herself (dog is fine). So maybe you aren't a dog lover and don't particularly care, but how often do we think we would "die" for something or someone....would we really do it? She did.

That's pretty sad. I'd do anything for my pets (my dog at parents, and my cats..even though they're not living with me anymore). In fact, I'd probably do more for them than I would most people I know. My ex wife thought that was pretty pathetic, but if you're not an animal lover, it's tough to understand.

I'll bite....

There were a few, most connected with my new job/move to Chicago...but the one that stands out most was the day my new Network launched, 8/30. I've not been that sort of mix of excited, nervous, happy, terrified all at once in ages.....very proud moment, seeing all of your collective hard work come to fruition.

What was your worst?

My worst moment was probably my goodbye party in LA. It was difficult to leave so many amazing people behind. I acknowledge that if that's my worst moment of 2007, it was a pretty good year for me.

Interestingly, my most embarassing moment of 2007 occurred the same day as Unico's. In fact, it involved Unico. Let's just say that the next time Uberbeaver starts talking about his dead Grandfather, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

I'm most looking forward to continuing to explore Chicago and to doing more travel. Also, someone very dear to me just re-entered my life after an absence of 5 years, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her all over again.

I'm least looking forward to the Presidential election. I'm worried.

That we start producing real leaders, not people masquerading as leaders. Enough.

A Republican President. Not starting a withdrawal process. Another war.

The worst news. Aside from continued terrorist attacks and Iran...the Virginia Tech shootings, the SoCal wildfires, the writer's strike (forgive me for that, but it's put many friends of mine in dire straits and it's also going to cause layoffs at my company sooner than later) and the mortgage situation. People's obsession with Anna Nicole's death was unreal to me and disturbing. The Myspace incident that lead to a teen girl's suicide.

The best news. Growing awareness, in the States, of the benefits and advantages to going green. Karl Rove taking a hike. Lots of small items, I guess, but 2007 was not a banner year, to me, globally.

Worst impact is George Bush, sorry. Best impact, I guess, is Al Gore.

I am pessimistic. There is no one thing I can do to make it more positive,but I think I can do a lot of little things. Voting Democrat will be one of those little things. Continuing to educate myself. Be more caring. Mentor.

Getting into grad school after months of nail biting. Other than that, I really didn't have an exciting year. Although, the times I hung out with my classmates were awesome. And also, getting promoted (slightly) at work was a big plus for me.

What are you most looking forward to personally in 08?
Getting a good internship, spending time with my classmates, finishing grad school and getting the job of my dreams

Least looking forward to?
The possibility of getting an internship at a place I do not want to go to, the difficulty and demands of school, financial problems due to not having a job.

That we elect a president worthy of running the country, that we choose wisely.

That we don't elect a president worthy of running the country, that we don't choose wisely. I also have a feeling we're going to have the same close call as we did in 2000, and with that, the wrong person will get the office. I also fear that the election would get nasty, and not enough Americans would vote.

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007?
Ugh, hard to say...there's Virginia Tech, news that is this was the worst year for U.S. troops in Iraq, NATO failing in Afghanistan...

The best, most positive?
I don't know...maybe Gonzales stepping down as AG

The person who made the most positive impact?
Hard to say...
The most negative impact?
Bush for being Bush, the media for focusing way too much on celebrities.

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08?
A bit of both. The situation in Pakistan makes me pessimistic, and Iraq is not looking good nor is Afghanistan.
This time last year, I was pessimistic because I feared there would be civil wars all over the Mid-East (Lebanon, Israel, Iraq, etc). But it didn't happen in 2007, so that is good. Maybe those wars won't happen after all. But, maybe they will. Who knows?

A few things. We went on a cruise this summer around the Yucatan, and it was just awesome. I also saw Michael W. Smith in concert a few months ago- definitely a highlight of the year. And finally, having the opportunity to be in college right now and further my education.

What was your worst?

Worst experience of the past year would probably be my awful roommate I had this semester. I don't know how I survived. Fortunately, I won't be with him next semester.

Right off the top of my head, I was in line at Border's a few weeks ago, and I knocked an entire stack of gift cards on the floor.

Most looking forward to- probably just finishing my sophomore year, and getting to lead a small group of our Intervarsity chapter this coming semester. Least looking forward to- I can't think of one, really. I suppose just that the election turns out bad.

That we elect a Republican president. But importantly than that, that America recognizes that there is an enemy out there who wants you and me and all of us either dead or with them. My biggest wish is that we attack terrorism using whatever has to be done.

That we don't do what I just described, and/or we elect someone unqualified to lead this country in the era in which we live.

Worst news story- definitely V-Tech. Speaking as someone who is in college, the days and weeks following were indescribable. The outpouring of support both morally and in terms of possessions was quite a sight to see, though.

Best news story- Seeing how a great a country we can be in tough times. Whether in the wake of mass shootings, wildfires, or a war, Americans never hesitate to donate what they can to those in need.

Positive impact- General David Petraeus

Negative impact- Mahmoud Ahmedinejaed, any and all terrorists or people who hate freedom and what democracy stands for. I'd also like to mention Al Gore here. I don't hate him or anything, and we need to take care of the environment, but his lies, exagerrations and alarmist attitude is something he and his followers should be ashamed of. Suddenly people act like global warming is an equal or greater threat than Islamic extremism, and it's nutty.

I'm optimistic. I'm confident that right person will be chosen to lead this nation, and I will do my part by voting for him and encouraging others to do so. As we have seen, American can do absolutely anything if it really wants to, and I'm confident that 2008 and beyond will be nothing but prosperous.

March 20, 2007-the day I was interviewed by our local Fox news station about my American Idol recaps and being called a "word wizard." Since then, some of my other writing has been noticed by people I greatly admire.

What was your worst?

Getting what I thought was my dream job, and finding out it was a nightmare. Having a job that makes you cry uncontrollably, vomit before you enter the office and lose hours of sleep is not a good thing.

Too many to mention.

Looking forward to-moving to a new apartment. Not looking forward to-preparing to move into a new apartment.

A positive change in leadership. Bush has been a disaster!

Same old bullshit that we've had since Bush was "elected."

So many horrible things-the Virginia Tech massacre comes to mind, but there are many others.

The positive-a woman and a black man are being taken seriously has Presidential contenders. Wow!

I can't think of anyway off the top of my head who has made the most positive impact, but I greatly admire people who do good things in their communities and throughout the world.

The most negative impact? No doubt, Bush...and Sanjaya.:wink:

I'm cautiously optimistic. And to make it more positive, I'm going to continue to support causes I believe in.

Liesje said:
I would like to amend my earlier post. It is the last day of 2007 and I just learned of my most "inspiring" moment/person of 2007 - a fellow member of a dog lover community died today after she went to save her dog and was hit herself (dog is fine). So maybe you aren't a dog lover and don't particularly care, but how often do we think we would "die" for something or someone....would we really do it? She did.

:( I'm sorry about that, that's so sad

My best memory and the best time I had was going to a baseball game on my birthday and seeing a no hitter. Going to the WS victory parade and getting a front row spot was a close second, seeing Bruce twice in concert third

What was your worst?

Witnessing my dog get attacked by a Rottweiler. The whole month of December was really awful too

What was your most embarrassing moment of 07? what I said to my favorite football player when I met him

Most-Spring, baseball season, going to some games Least-the rest of winter

What is your biggest hope/wish for your country in 2008? A new President who will lead us out of this mess we are in and inspire us. An end to the war in Iraq. Less poverty and homelessness

More of the same

Worst-VA Tech, all deaths in Iraq. Most positive- a woman and an African American man running for President and the Red Sox winning the WS again :wink:. Most negative- Bush, Congressional Democrats for being a joke, all people who hold on to racist and sexist and homophobic views

Pessimistic. Hopefully one thing I can do that will matter is vote.

What was your best day/moment of 2007? Your best memory, the best time you had? Going to Italy in February. It was my first-ever trip outside the U.S.

What was your worst? I had a breast cancer scare. It turned out to be nothing, but the wait to find out seemed endless.

What was your most embarrassing moment of 07? Too embarrasing to mention on the Internet.

What are you most looking forward to personally in 08? Least looking forward to? The presidential election, which I'm both looking foward to and dreading at the same time.

What is your biggest hope/wish for your country in 2008? That the U.S. gets out of the war in Iraq.

What is your biggest fear for your country in 2008? That we get another Republican president.

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007? The Virginia Tech shootings.

The best, most positive? Seeing Nancy Pelosi become the first female Speaker of the House. Too bad the Democrat-controlled Congress couldn't get much accomplished, but it was still a great moment.

The person who made the most positive impact? Al Gore.

The most negative impact? George W. Bush.

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08? Well, things could hardly get worse than they already are, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Name one thing you could do to make it more positive: Spend more time volunteering. I'm pretty good about donating money to various causes, but my job is so emotionally exhausting that I just want to tune the world out sometimes once I get home.

i should probably just do this tomorrow, but it is new year's eve, and memphis won't be here until almost 10, so what else have i got to do?

[q]What was your best day/moment of 2007? Your best memory, the best time you had?[/q]

just a few off the top of my head:

-- getting promoted and being able to actually call myself a writer (though everyone keeps asking me if i'm on strike)
-- diving in Maui and encountering nearly a dozen sea turtles as we heard the whale songs in the background
-- bringing Memphis up to where i went to college in the mountains
-- watching my boss gasp at some of the footage we were able to get on my last shoot
-- waking up saturday mornings with memphis and putting the kettle on and prepping the french press for the fist coffee of the weekend

[q]What was your worst?[/q]

-- the dark, dark material that i deal with every day
-- the dark, dark shoot in Michigan

[q]What was your most embarrassing moment of 07?[/q]

possibly arriving at a shoot in Texas to find myself quoted, verbatim and out-of-context from an email, in a very large article on the front page of the local paper and realizing that, yes, this is why the local cops want nothing to do with us

[q]What are you most looking forward to personally in 08?[/q]

hopefully heading to either Buenos Aries or training it from Berlin to Moscow; more diving next christmas; getting out of depressing TV

[q]Least looking forward to?[/q]

helping my mother face reality

[q]What is your biggest hope/wish for your country in 2008?[/q]

that Mitt Romney and/or Rudy Giuliani aren't elected to the presidency. i can stomach Obama, Clinton, and even McCain. i also hope that the tide turns in Iraq, and that we realize that a long term commitment of blood and treasure to a Middle Eastern empire will sink us as surely as it did the Soviets. and i hope 2008 is the beginning of the return of the USA that i used to be (mostly) proud of.

[q]What is your biggest fear for your country in 2008?[/q]

a Romney/Giuliani presidency.

[q]What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007?[/q]

the continued deterioration of Afghanistan and Iraq.

[q]The best, most positive?[/q]

the "green" revolution -- it's hip, it's trendy, it's now, it sells, it can only do good.

the tactics of AQI are so horrifying that it's giving Iraqis and Americans something to rally around and that's made some difference in Iraq.

[q]The person who made the most positive impact?[/q]

i guess it kind of was the year of Gore and Bono. :shrug:

[q]The most negative impact?[/q]

there are far worse people than George Bush, but no one has used such unimaginable power so ineptly in my lifetime.

except maybe for Putin, give that boy some time. Iran continues to be nutty. the AQI "martyrs."

[q]Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08?[/q]

cautiously optimistic.

Name one thing you could do to make it more positive.

continue to find more ways to be Green; be out and proud and confident of my own equality; vote and get others to vote.

Re: Re: Last Day Of 2007

2861U2 said:

That we elect a Republican president. But importantly than that, that America recognizes that there is an enemy out there who wants you and me and all of us either dead or with them. My biggest wish is that we attack terrorism using whatever has to be done.

That's probably related to one of my biggest fears for the US - those that maintain too narrow a focus on one issue (terrorism), and in the process get blindsided by effects of more real and grave threats. Anything from pandemics to hyperinflation, food or energy crises, and effects of more preemptive wars.

coemgen said:
Wow, unico. Your post there is very inpsiring.

Sounds like 2008 is going to be an exciting one for you. Congrats on being where you're at now.

Hey thanks! :hi5: I mean, it certainly can't suck as much as 2007 did, so I figure 2008 just HAS to kick ass.

Mike - you've already apologized. no need to be embarrassed about that :hug:

Best time was most definitely my holidays in Italy.
I also finally went for contacts this year and when I went out with them in for the very first time it was such a great feeling to going around seeing perfectly without those glasses limiting your view.

Well, and getting the chance to spend half a year in Montana studying there and enjoying the time over there.

What was your worst?

My worst day started on June 4 and lasted till December 31 I would say.

Luckily, nothing was so embarrassing this year that it stuck with me.

My studies in Montana and Shannon's wedding are going to be the big events of this year.
I'm looking forward to seeing U23D in the IMAX cinema as well.

It's gonna be a rough time nevertheless, and I'm still concerned about how my mother will deal with the situation we were thrown in, and I'm afraid it won't be easy, although overall I feel we will make it.

That our Grand Coalition will receive a kick in the arse that makes them work more and that our Minister for the Interior gets defeated with all his proposals of how to take our most precious rights away from us all in the name of terror.
I hope we won't get hit too hard from the economic troubles in the US that develop around the mortgage crisis, and although for me personally a weak dollar would be fantastic, I would wish interest rates normalised again.
If the crisis in the US wasn't so unpredictable I would say, economically it sure will be a great year. But at the moment I can only hope for it to be.

I hope we get some things done and some good reforms started. There is much to do, so do something Germany!

Well, much of what I hope for is closely linked to what I fear, i.e. our government still fighting with itself, Schaeuble getting his way in taking our rights, and a economic crisis in the US that hits our economy with a slam.

Too many, but none in particular.
With good events either, though there can never be too many.

I cannot say whether Bono has had a great impact on me, but what he has done definitely inspired me and is reason why I chose to take courses in Economic Development in Montana, and decided to aim for an internship in an organisation that deals with third world economics.

The laws Schaeuble successfully passed last year certainly had, and will have a negative impact on me. Other than that, I tried not to get hit too hard by the bastards in the world.

I'm optimistic that it won't get worse, but pessimistic that it won't improve (much) in 2008.

Reduce wasteful consumption and buying more fairly traded, ecological stuff.

Since it's the last day just some random questions

Whoops, I didn't get to this till January 1st!

Best day was leaving for my Ireland vacation which was also the BEST time I had and the BEST memories!
What was your worst?

I can't remember!

MOST-landing a great new job
LEAST-hearing that my mom's cancer has returned

Bring the Troops home

Any further terrorism like 9-11

What do you think was the worst/most horrible news event in 2007? Natural disasters like the fires
The best, most positive? the fact that Bush can't run for office again
The person who made the most positive impact? Bono
The most negative impact? George Bush

Are you pessimistic or optimistic about the general world situation in 08? It does no good to be pessimistic
Name one thing you could do to make it more positive - More fund raising for worthy causes

Back
Top Bottom