labels and stereotypes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm prochoice, but am troubled by it.
I'm considered nice, but I can coldly dissect and I can walk away
without a backwards glance.
I love America, but am disappointed by her.
I am almost always factually honest, but I may not tell you the
truth.
I am cynical about most everything, but touched beyond all
measure when the rare exception proves me wrong.
I am considered intelligent, but I am more quick than deep,
I'm a humanist, fluctuating agnostic, with no use for the divine,
who is entranced by the story of Jesus.
I am perceptive, but sometimes can be embarrassingly, easily
fooled.
I'm seen as open, but I keep my cards close to my chest.
I love Bono, but get bored by his good works.
I'm a liberal who does not believe in causes. (I believe in one on
one humanity)
I hate hypocrisy and I am a hypocrite in too many ways to count.

I value labels as a quick read of somebody, but nothing more than that.

What labels do you put on yourself? Are they more problematic than the labels other people put on you?

I think maybe the trouble starts when you internalize labels that others put on you-when you believe things about yourself just because others have said them

im a straight irish american white catholic pro life independent conservative sports nut new yorker who voted for bush. i look very irish and have people every day without hearing me speak, ask me what part of ireland im from. its only when they hear my bronx accent they know im a new yorker. im a proud american whos proud of the good works my country has done in the overall picture of helping the world and im sure it will continue. i play 4 instruments ( guitar, bass, bodhran, and the irish tin whistle) that i taught myself and that is the thing im most proud of in my life. ive also been told im a super wiseass when i want to be but am very helpful when im needed to be.

Last edited:
BonosSaint said:
What labels do you put on yourself? Are they more problematic than the labels other people put on you?
A lot of times, the problems arise when people label you or hold a grudge on your character rather than allow you to grow as a human being.

Back
Top Bottom