LA beating videographer arrested today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garibaldo

The Fly
The guy who taped the recent police beating in LA (Mitchell Crooks) was arrested today. Apparently, he incited the interest of the LA police into this guy's background and they found that he had two warrants for DUI\hit and run as well as petty theft. Before being arrested, in a recent interview, he claimed that he was untouchable, because an arrest of him would create public outrage. As he was being arrested, he screamed for help like they were going to drive him far away and murder him to keep him from testifying. I heard a clip of the scream and it was blood-curdling to say the least. Aside from whether the officer should go to jail or not, I find it amusing that this guy was prepared to do a bunch of interviews and shine in the limelight with his smug description of himself as "untouchable" and then goes straight to jail! :yes:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020711/ts_nm/crime_police_dc_10

haha, smart guy to draw so much attention to himself by basically taunting the LAPD knowing all the time he's got such a sordid background record, this guy's truly a dumb ass

where the roads are paved with hope

only in america could this turn into such a circus.
it could happen lots of places...and i'm sure it does.
but nowhere else could bestow upon an incident like this the circus status which this has now achieved.

Re: where the roads are paved with hope

kobayashi said:
only in america could this turn into such a circus.
it could happen lots of places...and i'm sure it does.
but nowhere else could bestow upon an incident like this the circus status which this has now achieved.

Only in America are there morons like this guy.

Um.
Erm.
I think hes being railroaded.:ohmy:
I think hes been a victim of an oppressive society.:mad:
I think has probably dabbled in crack cocaine..bcuz he was set up:ohmy:
I think he was screaming as they led him away cuz his feelings were hurt.:lol:

Plez ppl PLEZ, lets not rush to judgement.
thank u
DB9
:lol:

Last edited:
Is it too early to start suggest Johnnie Cochran rhymes for this dumb shmuck?

How about this?

He had a lens,
So the arrest offends.

Or maybe this:

Though the guy's a dumb shit,
The court must acquit.

Anyone else?

how glad am I that I've been locked away writing a paper and totally oblivious to the news media for the last few weeks.

Put down the crack ho
Got my ass in jail
Now quit talkin' smack yo
an pawn the car for sum bail

Back
Top Bottom