Kuwaitis call for boycott of Danish goods - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #226
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:29 AM

Not one of the placards i've seen says:

Don't Read Jyllands-Posten

or

Shame on Jyllands-Posten

or

Boycott Advertisers in Jyllands-Posten

I could understand their anger ALOT more if this was their message. But it's set up as "us against the world" & "The world has done us wrong, and we're gonna get all non-muslims."

They really need a lesson is effective protest. Instead of feeling for their insult, I'm scared of them and want them to not be anymore. Their reaction has now overshadowed the insult.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #227
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:29 PM
Quote:
Matthew Parris
Many faiths and ideologies achieve and maintain their predominance partly through fear. They, of course, call it "respect".But whatever you call it, it intimidates. The reverence, the awe — even the dread — that their gods, their KGB or their priesthoods demand and inspire among the laity are vital to the authority they wield.

Against reverence and awe the best argument is sometimes not logic, but mockery. Structures of oppression that may not be susceptible to rational debate may in the end yield to derision.
link

So have a laugh at the fundamentalist pricks and you can evoke a better response than any screaching and yelling - be they Muslim, Christian, Communist or Environmentalist.

Quote:
A crowd of several hundred demonstrated outside the Danish Embassy in Knightsbridge, with protesters repeatedly shouting: “UK you must pray, 7/7 is on its way.”

Police refused to act on complaints from passers-by to order the demonstrators to take down banners praising the British-born terror bombers as the “Fantastic Four”, saying that their job yesterday was to ensure that the protest by 500 Muslims passed off peacefully.
link

I haven't seen a larger collection of beards with idiots attatched since the Chuck Norris look-alike convention in Dallas Texas.

No alcohol, pork or casual sex and all it takes is a few cartoons to get them revolting.

Due to a shortage of beef steak at their last meeting al Muhajiroun members have been forced to introduce "Infidel" as a tempory replacement. (Why else would they "Butcher" those who mock Islam?)

I would say drop dead, but these crazy fuckers they would probably take the advice try and take me with them!

Well they were just off the top of my head but the point is that it is all so very mockable. These guys are threatening violence, I see nothing wrong with taking their demands to butcher blasphemers literally for humerous purposes. Hell we can write jokes about any number of stupid things that some believers do - like taking sex advice from a septuagenarian virgin who dresses in gender ambiguous vestments, kissing holy stones of various types, engaging in rituals that involve biting the heads off live chickens, beating the shit out of the gay guy out of fear, beating their wives lightly because thats what their leaders tell them to do or those great rare cases where people follow spiritual advice and abandon conventional treatment only to find out that there is nothing to be done when their health problems get critical.

Fuck them all and lets get some saveage mockery to knock all that self-righteous superiority complex of professing believers down the proverbial peg.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #228
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Danish embassy torched in Syria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4681294.stm
Old 02-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life

Perhaps a sad truth is that more people are going to be physically hurt or even killed over this, blasphemy laws and self-censorship are symptoms not solutions to this virus of the mind.

The fault rests squarely on those who decided that they would respond to being offended by cartoons in an independent paper with violence. Any apologist who blames the Danish government, Jyllands-Posten, the Cartoonists or those who support them is flat wrong.

Will the freedoms that were once enjoyed in peace now go silently into the night?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Really, you'd think they'd be able to at least put "Stop Defamation of our Prophet" or something more civilized on a sign. That would be fine.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #232
ONE
love, blood, life

Religion of Submission
Old 02-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:29 PM
And they wonder why the rest of the world dosent trust the. Do they know we live in a civilized time now, or are they still stuck in their nomadic society.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:29 PM
those extremest are quick. I only copied the actual link to the video from "Ogrish." The video is of course in arabic telling people to boycott the products then towards the end they have the pictures of the cartoonists with a sight on there heads and then a you hear a shot fired, meaning for the muslim people to kill them.
The Video. If it goes to the main site I apologize. Nothing graphic really on the main site. Just look for the mohommod cartoonist video.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #235
ONE
love, blood, life

http://home.eircom.net/content/irela...view=Eircomnet

Seemingly, it is possible to display representations of the Prophet without getting a violent reaction.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #236
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
[B]So have a laugh at the fundamentalist pricks and you can evoke a better response than any screaching and yelling - be they Muslim, Christian, Communist or Environmentalist.
How are enviromentalists fundamentalist p*****?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #237
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

How are enviromentalists fundamentalist p*****?
I don't think he means that environmentalists are necessarily fundamentalist p****** but they can be
Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #238
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
I don't think he means that environmentalists are necessarily fundamentalist p****** but they can be
Let's hear some examples.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #239
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:29 AM
it's interesting ... i still stand by the statement that such signs are not representative of islam and the vast majority of muslims; however, it also seems fair to say that i cannot think of a group that would have an equivalent reaction to something deemed to be of equivalent offense.

we clearly have a problem here. it has much to do with bad governments, dictators propped up by the west, feelings of social exclusion, isolation, a sense of historical humiliation, etc. this we know.

but i can't shake the nagging feeling that there's something amiss in the religion itself (and religion itself, but we went down that road).

first, what is it? then, how to address it?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

The fault rests squarely on those who decided that they would respond to being offended by cartoons in an independent paper with violence. Any apologist who blames the Danish government, Jyllands-Posten, the Cartoonists or those who support them is flat wrong.