Korn Guitarist Finds God, Leaves Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this is great. In fact, I encourage all crap muscians to 'Find God', hopefully then we won't have to listen to any of their shit music (Apart from U2 and Bob of course, their music is genuinely spiritual).

Hey I'm not into there music BUT have seen them live. There interesting I guess. Anyway hope he's happy and good for him to just get up and do what he wants. I'm sure others would not in that position.

Teta,

I had to come out of lurkdom to thank you for your post. That's one of the best posts on Christian spirituality I have seen on message boards.

I live in the Southern United States and it is almost impossible to find a church that is not Bush conservative, both in the people's outlook and the pastor. The country club attitude, exclusivity and lack of grace just kills my spirit.

I am currently in a little start up Episcopal church that doesn't preach politics and stresses we must follow what the Spirit tells us. No corporate shit. We have a good mix of liberal, conservative, straight families, gay families and families of color. We also have the beautiful liturgy combined with a rock band (we sang "All Because of You" last week).

My only complaint is that we are such a new and small congregation (plus the money crisis in the Episcopal church at large) that we are just now beginning to form the core of outreach -- feeding the hungry, helping the poor, social justice. I feel the Spirit moving me towards starting something, just trying to narrow it down.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble on to you -- just that I totally identify and agree with your post!

Hm. How does your church stand on gay marriage? Someone wrote in the thread above "my church is splitting, and it makes me sad."

I am MUCH more complicated character than you think, so while I thank you for the lovely response to my post, read my replies in that thread, and I'd love to see your reply.

FYI: Any chrurch that has gay memebers, is fine with me. Anybody that brought a "family" with a kid, I'd not walk out the door. But if I was asked to be the 'grandma' to a kid that...well, like I said, read and see.

I'm actually a very messed-up, lost ,confused soul right now, and looking for guidance. Progressive, liberal Christians (with a few traditional attitudes left over, but not ones that they want to have legislated, as they despise theocracy) are hard to find. I hate despising Christians in public and haivng to keep myself from making knee-jerk judegements. But I'm like onewho'se been divorced 3 times and still trying to :love like I've not been hurt", as Bono says. Speaking of Fellowship. I wish your church was around my area.

Last edited:
Oh, I think if we're searching spiritually, we'll ALL pretty complicated.

Our church's stand on gay marriage is that we have no stand. Everyone on a spiritual search is welcome. Our priest has already stated he will not perform same-sex blessing ceremonies, as he is content to wait for the Holy Spirit to reveal what direction to go because marriage is a holy sacrament. In other words, he's still sorting it out, too. And he has been honest with our whole congregation about this. Sometimes we have to live with the questions, and not get distracted from what we believe our mission is -- "to love the Lord with all our hearts,souls and minds and our neighbors as ourselves."

How do our gay families feel about this? They are happy with it. They feel welcomed, accepted and a part of the community. They don't want to be known as "our gay families" -- they just want to be who they are and accepted for where they are.

I think it is so hard to be an American Christian -- the more conservative churches always have a list of "bad" sins, while ignoring their own sins and sins of omission (NOT feeding the hungry, helping the poor, being materialistic, etc.). I'm so sick that so much of it is all appearance, with little real substance, the substance that Jesus is.

So I pray for you on your path and ask your prayers on mine. God will not let us down, and it is his will to unite us in Him, not divide.

Here's an update on Head and his announcement to the church. This is very moving. I'm so excited for this guy. :dance: I found this link on www.relevantmagazine.com.

BAKERSFIELD, California — Kids in Korn T-shirts crowded around a stage for what looked like a hometown concert but was actually quite the opposite: This was not the return of the Family Values Tour, but rather a gathering of families hearing a lesson on values.

Two months after his first visit to the Valley Bible Fellowship, Brian "Head" Welch, who announced his departure from Korn last week held a sort of Christian coming-out party here Sunday in front of an estimated 10,000 churchgoers in three separate services.

"Brian has found out that God's real, and he's stoked," Pastor Ron Vietti told the third service.

Welch — wearing jeans and a T-shirt, with his signature long, curly hair in his face — sat down with Vietti for discussions that found the guitarist displaying a mix of emotions, from stoked to somber.

"I thought I had it all, everything I thought was important when I was a kid — money, fame, pretty women — but I came to a point where I didn't want to live," he told the congregation.

Welch confessed to coming to the church as a last-ditch effort to kick a drug addiction. "When I came here I was hooked on meth," he said, stopping to wipe the tears gathered in his eyes.

"We love you, buddy," Vietti responded, followed by a loud cheer from the audience, a group of all ages that seemed enthralled in everything Welch had to say.

The guitarist, who showed off new tattoos on his neck ("Matthew 11:28") and fist ("JESUS"), took the stage after a 20-minute set of Christian worship songs from a rock band, as well as a 20-minute sermon from Vietti, who talked about his coming to God and surviving leukemia after being told he would die from the disease.

Welch said he now works for the Lord and announced that he would be joining Vietti on a trip to Israel this week, where the pastor plans to "dunk me in the Jordan River" — meaning to baptize the new Christian.

"This is the book of life right here," he said, pulling a Bible from his back pocket. "It's not about religion, it's not about this church, it's not about me. It's about the book of life and everybody needs to be taught this. It's crazy, it's gonna do stuff like this, like change a guy in a rock band."

At the end of their discussion, Vietti asked non-Christians interested in "being saved" to come forward, and at least 40 mostly young people followed suit. In the end, the pastor said more than 200 people came to Christianity throughout the services, including members of the media there to cover Welch's talk.

"More people came up and gave their lives to God than I anticipated, but that's good," Welch said after the services — and after signing hundreds of autographs. "I'm tripping out a little bit, but it's cool. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Do you guys think I'm crazy?" he added, gesturing to reporters. "Everything on MTV is 50 Cent, Eminem, dis this, dis that. This is something positive."

When he returns from Israel, Welch plans to launch a solo career, with music about his experiences as a new Christian, and then give the money to charities and to Valley Bible Fellowship's plan to build "rock and roll churches" across America.

"Every dime I make is going back to the people in a positive way," he said. "I'm gonna change the world or die trying."

Welch said he tried to convince the other members of Korn to come to the church but had no luck. However, he stills considers them his best friends. "I love them so much," he said. "I'm happy. I just want to do good. I'm not doing nothing wrong. I don't want to hurt the band Korn. I don't want to hurt anyone. My music is about love; it's love without saying it.

"With Korn, I got the money, all kinds of drugs of choice, everything, but this is my life now," he added. "I'm never gonna change. That drug [meth] is known for making people crazy, but I'm in my right mind. This was all His plan. You were supposed to be here talking to me."

I guess I only find myself concerned when someone literally changes SO MUCH when they "find God." I'm definitely not opposed to his "conversion," but it feels as if he's chosen one extreme to the other. I mean, let's substitute Christianity out of that above article and put in "Heaven's Gate"; doesn't that sound like something a cult would do?

I dunno...U2 is a great example of what I'm talking about. U2 "finding religion" nearly destroyed the band back in their early years, but they were able to realize that "finding religion" did not necessarily mean chucking it all. I wonder how many people are able to do what U2 did.

Melon

melon said:
U2 is a great example of what I'm talking about. U2 "finding religion" nearly destroyed the band back in their early years, but they were able to realize that "finding religion" did not necessarily mean chucking it all. I wonder how many people are able to do what U2 did.
U2 - very capable, Korn... I doubt it.

You make a good point Melon. U2 was smart about becoming Christians and they're doing more for Christianity because of it. (I, in fact, became a committed Christian because of U2). However, they were basically converted as a band so they didn't necessarily have to get out of the rock 'n' roll lifestyle, they just changed what they did together. (Plus, it's not like they were like Ozzy in the first place, you know?) What Head is doing is actually smart and takes more guts I would say. If you read up on U2's conversion though, they changed in many ways too. That's what can happen upon conversion.
For me, I grew up in a Christian home and at church, but that still doesn't mean I was a Christian. When I committed my life to Christ, it wasn't like some awesome, powerful thing came over me or I burst into tears or something. I did feel a peace though. It does change you in some way. There's even a verse, 2 Corinthians 5:17, which says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (exciting thought, huh?)
When you accept Christ into your life, there's going to be change brought on by the Holy Spirit. That's what Head's going through. He feels God moving him to a different way of life — one that doesn't compromise his relationship with Christ. U2 did this in another way (like I said they did it more as a band, where Head felt he had to leave because he was the only one changing gears).
I admit it may sound strange like you said. Why would anyone shift gears so suddenly? But that's a part of what Christianity is — living as Christ calls us to, or "following Christ" and his example. Instead of living the way the "world" lives, seeking money, fame, power, sex, etc. we seek to live a life that's different and one that honors God. Like Head said before, all these other things became like a god to him in a sense. That's the problem. We were made to worship God and have a relationship with him in the first place, but by being human, we've screwed it all up and we started "worshiping" money, power, sex etc. Head's realized that's an empty life, and now he's going after something different.
And God wants us all to do this! He's hoping we'll all make that choice, but we have to make it on our own. All you have to do is pray, ask for God to forgive you of your sins, ask Christ into your heart, thank him for dying on the cross so you can even have forgiveness and accept him into your life as your lord. That's it. That's what Head did and so did U2.

coemgen said:

I admit it may sound strange like you said. Why would anyone shift gears so suddenly? But that's a part of what Christianity is — living as Christ calls us to, or "following Christ" and his example. Instead of living the way the "world" lives, seeking money, fame, power, sex, etc. we seek to live a life that's different and one that honors God. Like Head said before, all these other things became like a god to him in a sense. That's the problem. We were made to worship God and have a relationship with him in the first place, but by being human, we've screwed it all up and we started "worshiping" money, power, sex etc. Head's realized that's an empty life, and now he's going after something different.

does one need christ in order not to live solely for money, fame, power, and sex?

is it an either/or proposition?

can one live a good life without ever hearing of Christ?

Yes, one can live a good life without Christ, but is it good enough? The Bible says we're all sinners; we all "fall short of the glory of God." Then we must consider that God is holy, perfect and pure. He loves us, but he can't tolerate sin. In Old Testament days people followed the laws to be good and sacrificed a lamb to be cleansed of their sins. Then Christ came. He was born into poverty, lived the perfect life without sin, taught for a few years, and then died the ultimate death that came with ultimate pain, torture and humiliation. The Bible says that the "wages of sin are death." Christ died in our place though. He's the unblemished lamb that was sacrificed for our sins. However, because he was both God and man, he rose again from the dead, therefore conquering death (the wages of sin). That's why he said "I am the way, the truth and the life. Nobody gets to the father but by me." He's the only one that paid the price! We can't do it, but we can accept this gift of life and when we do that and SINCERELY ask for forgiveness of our sins, we're forgiven. We're seen as holy and pure again. Yes we're still going to sin, but God's grace doesn't run out. (And no, this doesn't mean we can just sin whenever and simply ask for forgiveness use it as a crutch — it doesn't work that way. God knows our hearts.)
That's the difference between Christianity and other religions. Other religions teach that you have to live a good life and do certain things, or works, here on Earth to get into heaven, but there's nothing we can do to erase our sins, only God can do that. For Christians, the work was done on the cross. Does that answer your question Irvine?

I think it's possible Irvine, but one would have to put a lot of faith in themselves or another higher power to do so, I would think.

honestly, it doesn't. you went into an explanation of how you view God and Christ, and it's loaded with many assumptions that many (including other Christians) do not share.

i guess i want to know why Jesus Christ is required to live a good, moral life. as i understand them, the teachings of Christ are pretty basic -- do unto others, etc. it seems to me as if these are almost innate rules that become very helpful for us to simply survive and not kill each other, and as you say, to help us to live for more than money, sex, and power.

i just don't know why you need Jesus to do this. is a child in Calcutta, who is never exposed to the Christian message, then less worthy in the eyes of God? if a child born in Calcutta and a child born in Nebraska (who had given his life to Christ, as you described) were both to die, and both were to appear before God, would Johnny from Nebraska automatically be considered "better" in the eyes of God than little Amish?

i have few problems with the Jesus message, as i understand it, i do have a problem with the exclusivity to that message as so often claimed, particularly when it strikes me as almost, you know, kind of a bunch of "Duh!" rules. like, treat others as you would have been treated.

Irvine511 said:
honestly, it doesn't. you went into an explanation of how you view God and Christ, and it's loaded with many assumptions that many (including other Christians) do not share.

i guess i want to know why Jesus Christ is required to live a good, moral life. as i understand them, the teachings of Christ are pretty basic -- do unto others, etc. it seems to me as if these are almost innate rules that become very helpful for us to simply survive and not kill each other, and as you say, to help us to live for more than money, sex, and power.

i just don't know why you need Jesus to do this. is a child in Calcutta, who is never exposed to the Christian message, then less worthy in the eyes of God? if a child born in Calcutta and a child born in Nebraska (who had given his life to Christ, as you described) were both to die, and both were to appear before God, would Johnny from Nebraska automatically be considered "better" in the eyes of God than little Amish?

i have few problems with the Jesus message, as i understand it, i do have a problem with the exclusivity to that message as so often claimed, particularly when it strikes me as almost, you know, kind of a bunch of "Duh!" rules. like, treat others as you would have been treated.

:up:.

Angela

Irvine511 said:

as i understand them, the teachings of Christ are pretty basic -- do unto others, etc. it seems to me as if these are almost innate rules that become very helpful for us to simply survive and not kill each other, and as you say, to help us to live for more than money, sex, and power.

Really interesting point. I agree that a lot of what Jesus taught does seem like basic stuff that helps people get along, and as you put it, "not kill each other". The thing that's so interesting to me is this:
although it seems like such an obvious good idea to love others as myself, to live for more than money, sex, and power, etc., I don't do any of those things naturally. My first impulse is usually to serve my self and look to my own best interest. I won't even get into how much of a stretch it is for me to "love my enemies." I think I'm naturally pretty obsessed with money and getting all I can (sex too, for that matter). It's hard for me to give money away (more than a small amount that is "excess") and that's the kind of thing Jesus said you ought to do.

So while the stuff Jesus said was good seems like obvious common sense, I don't find that becoming a person who does those good things is very "common sense".

Does that make sense? meh. :shrug:

I never said you can't live a good life without Christ. That can happen, but so what. Who's to say it's good and is it good enough? That's what I was getting at.
A child in calcutta who's never heard the Christian message is no less worthy in God's eyes than anyone else, but that child, like the rest of us, will still be held accountable for his/her sins. Yes, she hasn't heard of Christ, but God is fair and just and will judge all of us according to what we have heard and what has been revealed to us. Those of us who have heard of Christ and what he offers will be held accountable for how we respond to it.
And you mentioned Christ's teachings, yes some of them are basic, but why do we have such a hard time keeping them? There's others that aren't so basic too. (and don't forget, the other commandments in the rest of the New Testament are from God as well, inspired by the Holy Spirit.)
What do you mean by exclusivity that the message is so often claimed with? Christ is the only way because of what he did on the cross and because he is God's son. We get to heaven by faith in all of this, not by just following his commands. Also, how was my explanation loaded with assumptions that many, including other Christians, don't share?

coemgen said:
I never said you can't live a good life without Christ. That can happen, but so what. Who's to say it's good and is it good enough? That's what I was getting at.
A child in calcutta who's never heard the Christian message is no less worthy in God's eyes than anyone else, but that child, like the rest of us, will still be held accountable for his/her sins. Yes, she hasn't heard of Christ, but God is fair and just and will judge all of us according to what we have heard and what has been revealed to us. Those of us who have heard of Christ and what he offers will be held accountable for how we respond to it.
And you mentioned Christ's teachings, yes some of them are basic, but why do we have such a hard time keeping them? There's others that aren't so basic too. (and don't forget, the other commandments in the rest of the New Testament are from God as well, inspired by the Holy Spirit.)
What do you mean by exclusivity that the message is so often claimed with? Christ is the only way because of what he did on the cross and because he is God's son. We get to heaven by faith in all of this, not by just following his commands. Also, how was my explanation loaded with assumptions that many, including other Christians, don't share?

what i meant by exclusivity is that the Jesus rules (for lack of a better term) can be found if you look at most religions.

i suppose my viewpoint is that all the stuff you claim is so important about Christ -- the cross, the pain, the perfection of his life, etc. -- is window dressing to what matters to me.

what matters is that i do unto others as i would have done unto me, and that i acknowledge that the material world of flesh and blood and bone isn't it. that i exist beyond my body, have something eternal within me, and that thing -- you might call it a soul -- is connected to a love and logic sewn into the fabric of everything.

that should be both good and good enough. why wouldn't it be?

what else matters other than that? why do we need to be obsessed with sin, with judgement, with standing before God? these all smell of such human-created scare tactics, and it's tough for me to imagine that God would really care if we break the Sabbath or not. really: why would God care?

what i often find to be the primary motivator in many interpretations of Christianity -- especially the more conservative ones -- is fear. fear of not getting into heaven, as if it's a prize to be won at the end of the school year.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
If this was a group that all of you liked... like, oh i don't know... The Edge leaving U2 to become a Jehova's Wittness... would you all be so accepting?

And you can't answer "Yes because that means The Edge might knock on my door :hyper:" so don't even think about it.

Ha! Now that would be funny as hell!

Good question though...

I'm a huge fan of Steve Kilbey (of The Church), and SK's been painting for the past couple of years as well as doing the music thing. There are some fans who are less than pleased with his interest in the painting, since they fear it will take him away from making music. I'm a fan of both his music and his art (and his poetry too :) ), and although I'd be sad if he chose one over the other, I'd have to believe that whatever was best for him is what he should do.

FYI, Headache, Edge almost DID leave the band to join the Shalom commune permenently. I trust you have not forgotten this? That's what Shalom was, a Bible-studying commune living by the.....um, Dalkey Beach. And Bono did not try to stop him. He and Edge went for a walk on the beach and Bono told him that he would support him whatever he did. What can you say in the face of that? It was their band, their dream.

Now, mind you, both were still in the flush of conversion. I wonder what they would say if someone asked them to re-examine in detail, that legendary Walk On The Beach in the spring of 1981. I'm sure, now, they'd say it was lunacy. Or would they?

Those of you who are not "born again", who have not surrendered your life to God completely, cannot understand just what a watershed thing it is in your life. It is very difficult to explain. It is both a physical and an emotional experience, this business of being washed clean. I understood completely what Bono has said about being "burned by the Fire" in a way so completely that he never be fully free from it, that God is a constantforce and prescense in his life, he can never forget, even if it is a despairing feeling. He is unescapable. Those of you who joke about a U2 show being a "religious experience", yes, it does feel like it, but only as a 40 watt bulb is compared to the sun. I see that this guy is going the full monty (if I can say that in a thread about spiritual experiences! Heh heh:cool:) and going right to The Source for his baptism. Bono only got dunked in the Irish Sea:). Myself, nothing of the kind. It was a simple kneeling and the laying on of hands.

I would love to be able to describe this, but it would be a bit embarrassing. I don't know why. But I had the full visitiation of the Spirit and all. Meaning I have my own personal brand of "Bongolese" (as Brian Eno calls it.)...

As much as I must resist the urge to find out more about this church to see if it is "tainted" by politics...I really do rejoice for this guy. I didn't say it before but...PRAISE GOD!!!! I stand by what I said yesterday, I hope he goes off alone in Israel for some serious, "retreat"-type prayer. What better place than The Place itself? I really do want to know what happens to him....(and yes, I hope Bono does eventually get on the phone with him..but not now...I hope he remembers 1981 and how you need to be left alone...he needs to savor the beauty and the poignancy and the rapture of this blessed event...he needs to find his own personal rapport with God. The part about members of the media coming forward at the services brought me almost to tears.

Maybe I'll tell the story of my conversion, as it was a long time in coming. I was not an easy "sell", teen that I was. Not that I was cynical, but I just didn't think I was worthy. And in the fallof 1984, God intervened directly in my life via a U2 song. I am fully convinced to this day of this. It was a case of Him literally not making me be able to take another step forward, spinning me in another direction from the way I has meant to go, sending me downstairs, and putting my fingers on the Walkman button. There's a word for this, and it can only be "miracle." I thought I "knew" U2, after being a fan for almost 5 yrs at that point, but I didn't...I have told this story to few people so I wonder if it would bore any of you if I gave you my full testimony. it was a long road from 1981 to 1985, and it was a longer road from that fall day in 1984 to May 10, 1988. But the Light was all the more glorious. I, too, have been "burned by the Fire", and I will never be the same.

Thanks, too, Kitten, for your response. I have never allowed myself to become cynical, but these days, as I see more and more of politics poisoning the spiritual institutions of this country, I can't feel but it is selling out of the soul. I must remember that churches like yours still exist. Does it have a website?

Last edited:
Oh: and one more thing: I thought you guys might like to know the date I was "baptized." May 10, 1988. Honestly, I had no idea back then, even though I was a fan, that date was Bono's birthday, and it certainly wasn't planned. God sure had a sense of humor, even if I didn;t, about the osccasion:). Though I did admit I considered asking God as part of the prayer I said that I wanted to sing "40" "in tongues" (my home life was prety messed up at that point. The lyric certainly fit. ):reject: . Um..should I have said that? But in the end, I thought this was too serious an occasion for joking around with God, so I stuck to formula. You Christians will know what I mean by this. As for being able to sing in "glossolalic mode"..well, I leave that to Bono, in the recording studio. That's what he does. It started with "October" and he still does it, the band are used to it. Me? I'm too embarassed to try it.

Um..have I said a bit too much on here? Non-born agains will wonder WHAT the :censored: I am talking about, and wonder if I've lost my marbles....

"Rock and roll Churches", Mr Head? Wow. Um, Bono does need to get on the phone....he's got serious competition. Has he been to a U2 show?:) The curious thing is...as he sees more of life. at what point will he want to do the unique thing u2 does....incorporate the spirit of "lament" into his music? Chritian music should reflect the full spectrum of life..it is NOT just praise and worship. THis is why u2 has such a big Christian following and why the religious right is so fascinated with them.

Um, I'll shut up now. :reject:

Last edited:
He said he wanted to get involved with charity and stuff
so i think it would be great for Head and Bono to team up.
What do you guys think?

Irvine511 said:
what i meant by exclusivity is that the Jesus rules (for lack of a better term) can be found if you look at most religions.

i suppose my viewpoint is that all the stuff you claim is so important about Christ -- the cross, the pain, the perfection of his life, etc. -- is window dressing to what matters to me.

what matters is that i do unto others as i would have done unto me, and that i acknowledge that the material world of flesh and blood and bone isn't it. that i exist beyond my body, have something eternal within me, and that thing -- you might call it a soul -- is connected to a love and logic sewn into the fabric of everything.

that should be both good and good enough. why wouldn't it be?

what else matters other than that? why do we need to be obsessed with sin, with judgement, with standing before God? these all smell of such human-created scare tactics, and it's tough for me to imagine that God would really care if we break the Sabbath or not. really: why would God care?

what i often find to be the primary motivator in many interpretations of Christianity -- especially the more conservative ones -- is fear. fear of not getting into heaven, as if it's a prize to be won at the end of the school year.
The basic message is actually a tough one for me to live by. We're told not to judge others - yet this is something I often forget. We are told to love others - same thing. We're told to be perfect, I'm sure anyone on here knows I'm not, neither is anyone else. Seriously though - do you think I'm "good enough?" Because I don't. No way, dude. Taking all the times when I'm far from perfect - which is all the time if you think about it - makes me realize my own faults, and what I need to do to correct them in the future.

I believe I will be judged one day, and if my good deeds vs. bad deeds is solely the case - which is a theology that doesn't exist within Christianity - I know I'm not looking good. Rather, I believe my faith in God is all I have any merit for. If I've done good things, they will be outweighed by the bad things I've done. I think as far as the Sabbath - I don't know if it was intended on one specific day or not - but the meaning is so that we can rest. I would not be worn out if I had more rest, and I think the consequence of me busting my butt seven days a week will be exhaustion. The next feeling I would have is God telling me "I told you so." I think of the Sabbath day as more of a gift than a regulation.

The last sentence is interesting. We're not supposed to fear where we are going, and sometimes it's our own fault for drilling fear amongst ourselves. Worrying isn't going to add another day to our lives. In fact, I think having fear is sort of an opposite of having faith in a way.

I hope this makes sense, or at least, was interesting for you.

If this was a group that all of you liked... like, oh i don't know... The Edge leaving U2 to become a Jehova's Wittness... would you all be so accepting?

And you can't answer "Yes because that means The Edge might knock on my door :hyper:" so don't even think about it.

That would be interesting, indeed. But personally, while I'd admittedly be bummed that my favorite band's future was altered and everything by his decision, possibly causing them to break up or something like that...in the end, if it's what made him happy, and as long as he's not trying to make everybody around him think the same way he does, and all that stuff...I'd live with it. It's his decision to make, after all, I can't tell him what he should or shouldn't do.

Angela

Well, he's already a Christian, so I don't know. I would think that he should still play music, he's such a gifted guy. I'd certainly be let down as a fan, but if I was in the right mind, I'd respect his decision anyways. By the way, Prince did this. :wink:

Wow, good discussions all. I don't have time right now to read everything in depth since the last time I posted, but Teta, thanks for your story, and yes, my church has a website, it's churchbeloved.org. You can also see my kids and I on the belovedgarden.org link. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom