Knowing the world we live in... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #16
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Originally posted by deep

Of Course,

Don't know why I missed that.

I think USA is wrong though

I think red and white could not find Iraq on a map.
I suspect you're right...

Old 05-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #17
New Yorker
Local Time: 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Vorsprung

I belive all stats are correct, but they refer to that specific nation, not to the entire world.
I sincerely hope the stats aren't correct.

I thought it was clear that they didn't refer to the world at large (thank Christ)... maybe I should have put some backround info in before I posted the flags. Just in case it wasn't spotted:
There are eight flags that portray very current topics like the division of opinions about the war in Iraq in the United States, the violence against women in Africa, the social inequality in Brazil, the drug trafficking in Columbia, Aids and malaria in Angola, etc.

Ah well. It certainly got me thinking, anyway.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:16 PM   #18
Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Vorsprung

I belive all stats are correct, but they refer to that specific nation, not to the entire world.

Let's just say somlalia isn't your favourite holiday destination (among others)

So you agree with the ones who think that us colombians are all drug dealers??????? cuz that's what those stats mean.

i think you (and the people who do those stuff) should research a little more before making an opinion about those messages. I know that those countries (included mine) have big troubles but I say that nobody gets a shit pointing the finger to them, reducing them to the bad things saying that they are the shame of the world. Aids, drugs, violence against women and indiference are problems that we can find anywhere and it is unfair to show a few scapegoats.

... I'm sorry if I sound impulsive or vulnerable but I get really offended by this kind of things cuz I know that my country is a lot more than drugs, a lot of blood has run because of that and we have to suffer the prejudice in other countries . I really really hate when others use our country and our symbols as an image for drugs and violence.

Those messages doesn't make you think about the world we're living but they create more discrimination against the people who live in those countries.