KKK on Obama: "The South Will Take Care of Him"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's absolutely horrible. Aside from the threat to Obama and his family, the scary thing is that the groups are allegedly growing in numbers.

Obama in '08

Last edited:
First off, I may disagree with the man very much politically, but I certainly dont want him to get murdered.

That being said, I saw this point mentioned on here a couple days ago, and it was somewhat dismissed: I think people drastically underestimate the number of people in this country who just absolutely will not vote for a black candidate. That doesn't say very good things about America, but it's a reality.

coemgen said:
the scary thing is that the groups are allegedly growing in numbers.

Considering the GOP's platform over the last few years, I don't think anyone should be all that surprised.

2861U2 said:

I think people drastically underestimate the number of people in this country who just absolutely will not vote for a black candidate. That doesn't say very good things about America, but it's a reality.

Yet some still revel in that fact, that makes them just as sad.

The man featured in the video, "Ray Larsen", real name Railton Loy, is the 'International Imperial Wizard' of a small Klan organization called the 'National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan', which is based in northern Indiana (there's no one 'The' Klan, just isolated scattered organizations with highly varying degrees of interconnectedness)--the South Bend metro area specifically, which is *probably* where that segment was filmed; South Bend is fairly close to Chicago, so that's probably why it's Fox Chicago that picked this story up. Whether "Larsen" really has "connections" whom he knows are planning to assassinate Obama if he's elected, or was just relishing the fact that he can shock and frighten people and perhaps score his 'klavern' some intra-Klan PR by offering something that could be construed as either a threat or a speculative prediction, is anyone's guess, but obviously not something the authorities can afford not to take seriously. In their violent days forty years ago it was often the Klan's m.o. for the person who delivered the threat to have no direct connection to the one(s) who carried it out, and in turn for neither to live in the town where the murder was actually committed; plus, as the informant in the video clip points out, ultimately it only takes one vile human being to do such a thing. That said, it seems unlikely that this scumbag would reveal an assassination plot against a national political figure on major-network TV, if there really was a serious plot that he was in the know on.

2861U2 said:
That being said, I saw this point mentioned on here a couple days ago, and it was somewhat dismissed:

It's easier to respond to something coming from a specific person or group as opposed to a general statement like "there are lots of Americans who won't vote for a black candidate."

The KKK is no big deal. Just become a Senator like Robert Byrd, and denounce it and all is forgiven.

See, being a leader in KKK doesn't make you bad. :|

upabove said:
The KKK is no big deal. Just become a Senator like Robert Byrd, and denounce it and all is forgiven.

See, being a leader in KKK doesn't make you bad. :|

The fact that any current member of congress was actually IN the KKK is disturbing. In his defense, Byrd denounced the KKK and, much like Bush, has said that "the Lord" changed his heart.

I'm skeptical and always will be. I'd never vote for this man for anything. What's surprising is that Byrd remained a Democrat through the civll rights era when many segregationist democrats moved to the republican party.

Back
Top Bottom