Kinsey Scale - Where Do You Fall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where Are You on the Kinsey Scale?

• 0 - exclusively heterosexual

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • 1 - predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 2 - predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 3 - equally heterosexual and homosexual

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 4 - predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 6 - exclusively homosexual

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
melon said:

Well, take a look at TV sitcoms. Dumb, chubby and rather plain looking men whose penis seems to override their brain with a thin, pretty wife who is smart, yes, but is little more than a mother figure to pamper their lazy husbands.

Melon

Fair enough. Actually you're right, but then again sitcoms have rarely done any group justice.

beli said:
What does that say about heterosexuals? That all the "nice" ones are gay? Why?

Speaking of which, here I am watching "Blind Date," and here they have the nice, hot, well-groomed guy, and pretty much they're blasting him as either "gay" or "wussy" or "wishy-washy" the entire time.

So there you go. I guess those guys do exist, but the "ideal man" must be "overtly macho," according to TV, because he might be secretly gay. :shh:

Melon

I live in the world beyond the television. I grew up without it, in a society without it (I lived past the end of the signal) so television stereotypes had no bearing on my community.

But the same stereotypes are still there. I once watched a programme (ha, ha, very very occasionally I do watch the tv now) where three of the 7Up series were spliced together. The programme highlighted the difference in the cultures. The children in the series from:

* England were focused on class differences

* USA were focused on racial differences

* Australia were focused on gender differences

and not in a good way.

I'm rambling. Maybe I need to migrate.........

Ha! Nothing like a good pigeonhole to start the day

Nice, sensitive men with good fashion sense = gay
Overly manly men = gay but in the closet
Brutish, rude, dumb men = straight
Independant, smart single women = lesbian
Independant, smart attached women = straight

melon said:
Speaking of which, here I am watching "Blind Date," and here they have the nice, hot, well-groomed guy, and pretty much they're blasting him as either "gay" or "wussy" or "wishy-washy" the entire time.

maybe i should edit my response. i am a happily independent single woman, sometimes (and stupidly) mistaken for a lesbian, and i am quite attracted to that "gay man stereotype". i'm just looking for someone with similar qualities, so i guess that makes sense. :wink:

i don't mean to encroach on Mrs.Springsteen's turf, but BVS :flirt:.

Back
Top Bottom