Killed giving candy to kids - No muslim outrage - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 12:38 PM
coexist

Old 10-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

In mainstream Islam, suicide is a big time sin. The big shots in several Muslims countries, including Saudi Arabia, have denounced it in no uncertain terms.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:38 PM
But it isn't suicide when your killing a bunch of unbelievers at the same time now is it, thats martyrdom.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I'm sure Muslims wonder why Christians don't express outrage everytime a Muslim is killed, "collateral damage" or otherwise.

Frankly, I consider these posts to be quite racist in tone. That aside, if you're going to make this much fuss over 4 killed soldiers (not intended to trivialize their deaths), then perhaps you can see why the West Bank makes so much of a fuss when 4+ Palestinian civilians are killed as "collateral damage" in a retaliatory Israeli airstrike.

There is such a complete lack of empathy in this world, Muslim and Christian alike.

Melon
Great post.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #20
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Absolutely. I don't understand why four deaths on one side of the fence is less then four deaths on our side of the fence. We're all human beings, it doesn't matter who or how they were killed, they are no long here and should be mourned like eeryone else. I feel just as sad for anyone who is killed by someone or something else

Their not "muslims" or "palestinians" or "israelis" their humans just like you and me. This is why I'm so glad I don't have a religious bone in my body, maybe that makes me more compassionate because i don't stand from my pulpit pointing fingers at everyone who doesn't believe in "my god" and feeling smug when something goes wrong to them because thats how it feels in FYM.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I'm a Christian, but to my way of thinking, Muslims worship the same God I do. They go to a mosque on Friday rather than church on a Sunday the way I do. I had a great time in a Muslim country, Turkey, where I met the nicest people on the planet. Hospitality is a big time virtue in Islamic countries, and the Turks definitely know how to practice it. I think my study of the Turks has helped me a great deal in my understanding of Islamic peoples. No, they're not Arabs, but they're Muslims. I've met people who are ignorant enough to think Turks are Arabs. They're not!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same incident (I confess I didn't look at the link) but I know of an Iraqi (not a Muslim, but still an Iraqi) who expressed outrage. Granted more of her outrage was focused on the innocent children who were killed as well, but she was squarely AGAINST the actions of the terrorists.

But then that's probably because she's an Iraqi Christian instead of an Iraqi Muslim.

Course, she ALSO feels that America's occupation of Iraq has made life worse for her family and all of Iraq. . .no, wait that can't be right. She's a Christian. . .she's supposed to be on OUR side. . .dangit, now I'm getting confused.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:14 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:38 PM
I think that you will find that the opposition to terrorism in Iraq is well over 90% - it is not mutually exclusive to wanting the US out.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I think that you will find that the opposition to terrorism in Iraq is well over 90% - it is not mutually exclusive to wanting the US out.
Yes.

I assume you understood the sarcasm in my post.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:31 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I'm sure Muslims wonder why Christians don't express outrage everytime a Muslim is killed, "collateral damage" or otherwise.

Frankly, I consider these posts to be quite racist in tone. That aside, if you're going to make this much fuss over 4 killed soldiers (not intended to trivialize their deaths), then perhaps you can see why the West Bank makes so much of a fuss when 4+ Palestinian civilians are killed as "collateral damage" in a retaliatory Israeli airstrike.

There is such a complete lack of empathy in this world, Muslim and Christian alike.

Melon
to me, this is the truth.
completely.

unfortunately, mankind finds it easier to pick sides.
they feel...what, exactly - heroic? justified?
in picking sides.
and that they're right... and have heaven's backing