Kids With (Toy) Guns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
A group of Palestinian children were sent towards the Gaza Strip border fence holding toy guns on Thursday in order to test the vigilance of the soldiers on duty.

From a distance, troops noticed four apparently armed Palestinians approaching the border north of the Kissufim crossing.

When the four were some 400 meters from the fence, the soldiers realized that they were children, who looked to be about 13 years of age, and that their guns were toys.

The Gaza security fence has become the scene of almost daily incidences of would-be infiltrations from the Gaza Strip, attempted terror attacks, and occasionally exchanges of fire. Earlier Thursday, IDF forces arrested two unarmed Palestinians who breached the fence in order to cross into Israel.

And only Monday, a Palestinian was shot and killed by IDF soldiers after they identified three men near the fence and fired at them, suspecting they intended to carry out an attack.
link

That the soldiers were vigilant in this situation is a very good thing.

Last edited:
The line has and always will be blurred...This administration is the one that is defining the lines...which is dangerous.

If this is true; it's sick they are sending kids on the line, but there is something fishy about the story that soldiers can tell they are "play" guns at 400 meters...yet within our country police can't tell at 10 feet(and we have much stricter laws)

I just don't get it...

Maybe this has already been done, to no avail.......

Do you think we do enough to point out to the Islamic world how completely and utterly cowardly these methods are?

If they want to fight, we should tell them to fight with honor.
Would they ignore it? Maybe so, what would it hurt to launch a media campiagn in the Islamic world pointing it out, over and over again?

We should call them fucking dogs and cowards at every turn, publicly, the President should call them this. I'd be the first to say "bravo".

Not the same as saying "bring 'em on" and inviting attacks.
But saying "fight like men, you cowardly dogs!".

Probably futile. Maybe these 'insults' would just blow right past them, I just don't see the harm, might as well.
I grow weary of the polite conversations about "insurgents" and "terrorists". Fuck these cowards.

Back
Top Bottom