Kids Election: Bush Wins Another Term

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stammer476

Refugee
The students who read Weekly Reader's magazines have made their preference for president known: they want to send President Bush back to the White House.

The results of this year's Weekly Reader poll have just been announced, and the winner is President Bush. Hundreds of thousands of students participated, giving the Republican President more than 60% of the votes cast and making him a decisive choice over Democratic Senator John Kerry.

Since 1956, Weekly Reader students in grades 1-12 have correctly picked the president, making the Weekly Reader poll one of the most accurate predictors of presidential outcomes in history.

http://special.msn.com/weeklyreader/grade5up/882998.armx?GT1=5472

So much for the youth vote. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm recalling an essay written in 2000 by my then-8 year old nephew in which he said "Bush should be elected because the other guy is dumb." I'm sure he heard that enough around the dinner table but now he's almost old enough for his whacked out aunt to start corrupting him with her crazy liberal ideas. :mac:

Let's not forget the important part of this silly story.

Since 1956, Weekly Reader students in grades 1-12 have correctly picked the president, making the Weekly Reader poll one of the most accurate predictors of presidential outcomes in history.

U2democrat said:
i mean, the red sox beat the yankees to go to the world series!

Good point, Demo. Based on what's happened this year, we shouldn't be surprised if Nader wins in a landslide! :ohmy:

eh, kids are dumb. I voted for George Sr. in the '92 mock election. He won at our school -- Perot won at the all-boys school next door.

sharky said:
eh, kids are dumb.

:shame:

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

That should be a song :angry:

I remember the Weekly Reader polls form my childhood. Clinton won their poll when he first ran; I was rooting for Ross :p

I hope you people do realize it's a 50/50 chance that these kids will get it right, because they obviously know nothing about the issues.

50/50 chance. It's probably based on who looks nicer to the kids. Granted, if I was 6 years old I'd pick father-looking Bush over horse-face Kerry.

But I'd still be an idiot.

dave c-
you promised me a change in the numbers yesterday contained in your sig pulled from the liberal web-site regarding the electoral college.

what happened?:angry::wink:
db9

i heard about it on a non mainstream outlet this morning.
im sorry to say it wasn't on air-america this morning.

db9

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I remember the Weekly Reader polls form my childhood. Clinton won their poll when he first ran; I was rooting for Ross :p

When Reagan and Carter were running back in 1980 (yes, when the earth's crust was still cooling, young 'uns), my little kid self wanted Reagan to win because he was like a grandpa and Carter's teeth scared me.

Believe it or not, I voted for Gerald Ford over Jimmy Carter in my grade school mock election in 1976. I can't exactly remember my reasoning on that one. Maybe Carter's teeth scared me, too. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom