Kerry won't cross a picket line; Romney will. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #31
Local Time: 08:42 AM
"Maybe they should use some of their energies to get their message across to the American people instead of trying to destroy the integrity of someone who is on their team, to try to discredit someone on their team,'' Menino said. ``They have better things to do.''
Maybe Menino should follow his own advice.

How was Kerry supposed to handle the situation? What he did may have snubbed the mayor, it diffused what would have been a messy situation at the Democratic convention.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:23 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
If America had some kind of standard with wages and conditions, you'd not need a union.
Unions shit me.
You would choke on the number of laws and regulations that set standards for employees. Unions only artificially inflate wage/beneftis for select catagories of people.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #33
Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Local Time: 11:42 AM
....and the Herald is about as unbiased a news source as, oh, Fox.

Globe used to be marginally better; alas since the Times buyout it too has gone down the tubes.

The two Tommys (Menino and Nee) need to duke this one out in private and leave Kerry out of it.

Boston cops have enough to deal with. They don't need the upper echelons screwing around playing political head games -- they need a CONTRACT!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #34
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:42 PM
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Unions only artificially inflate wage/beneftis for select catagories of people.
Yeah...and CEOs / Boards of Trustees unilaterally pay their employees shit, although they certainly know how to pay themselves and their closest executive buddies exorbitant wages and benefits packages.

But I guess that the categories you refer to vote Democratic; that's the real problem, isn't it?