Kerry to run again in 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In what universe do people actually believe a black man can be elected president in the USA in 2008?

And I adore Barack Obama.

anitram said:
In what universe do people actually believe a black man can be elected president in the USA in 2008?

Not in mine. No doubt we will elect a white Protestant male. There is nothing wrong with white Protestant males, but I'd like to think someone else could be elected President.

verte76 said:

Not in mine. No doubt we will elect a white Protestant male. There is nothing wrong with white Protestant males, but I'd like to think someone else could be elected President.

:yes: unfortunately. america has so much diversity its sad that our leaders don't really reflect that diversity.

U2democrat said:

:yes: unfortunately. america has so much diversity its sad that our leaders don't really reflect that diversity.

Very true. The U.S. is 28% Catholic. Are we ever going to elect another Catholic president? I seriously doubt it.

I wouldn't mind having a non-white, or non-protestant, or non-male president. I would hope that they are constitutional though.

nbcrusader said:

Well, when does the subjective standard apply and when do we go by race/gender alone?

Politics without subjectivity? As I understand it politics is 90% subjectivity. Our choices for president are highly personal.

U2democrat said:

Let me correct myself. GOOD leaders that reflect diversity.
Hate to cut in, but do you know for a fact that Alberto Gonzales is a bad person? Or do you dislike him just because he's going to take Ashcroft's job? Give the guy a chance, will you.

Macfistowannabe said:
Hate to cut in, but do you know for a fact that Alberto Gonzales is a bad person? Or do you dislike him just because he's going to take Ashcroft's job? Give the guy a chance, will you.

i don't mean he's bad as a person. there's a whole thread on him that you need to see why i wouldn't like him. he's also one of the key legal experts that decided about the treatment and the indefinite holding of detainees.

If he ran in 2008 -- which is very doubtful, even by U2D/Verte/Pax standards -- KERRY would probably only win maybe 9 states instead of the mere 19 states this time (yes, Bush won a whopping 31 states)! :|

Last edited:
Just because John Kerry isn't a particularly demonstrative person doesn't mean he doesn't get fired up. He's a fighter. That'll always be true of him no wonder what's going on in his political career. He's not going to stop fighting for the stuff he believes in any more than I am just because we lost the election. That's not the way I do politics. It's for keeps.

Last edited:
Kerry "fired up"?

U2Democrat said:
interesting you find the truth so funny.
It's good for some that U don't have to take truth serum b/4 posting! :eek:

Some people are simply not comfortable with or certainly not known for getting "fired up". Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Horatio Humphrey, Geo McGovern, Jimma Carter, Walter Mondale, Michael Dutaxus, et al. come to realistic mind. Thus, too, KERRY "fired up" is not "the truth" -- it is "the land of make believe". :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
Kerry without passion!

U2democrat said:
if you could have gone to a kerry rally you talk about fired up.
One of the common criticisms of KERRY by virtually every political analyst and strategist and casual observer -- of all persuasions -- pre-Election and post-Election was that he "lacked passion". And, "He could not instill any passion, even to his most ardent followers." Also, "Kerry was passionless". Lack of passion typically loses an election. :ohmy: Please, don't anyone write that KERRY has passion. Height yes, passion no. :(

Last edited:
Ok I'm jumping into this thread a wee bit late, however, I think its necessary to talk about the fact that it might well not matter who the Dems run in 2008 because if (and I believe there is a strong possibility for this) the GOP runs John McCain, no Democrat stands a chance. I could well see a McCain/Giuliani ticket for the GOP in 2008. and I shudder to think of it since as a native New Yorker, I know what a horrendous mayor Rudy was until 9/11.

While I love Obama, he won't have enough experience to get the nomination in '08. Perhaps the VP nomination. I'd love to see a Dean/Obama ticket go out and bust up some Republican ass in the debates.....

Re: Kerry without passion!

Stonewall said:

One of the common criticisms of KERRY by virtually every political analyst and strategist -- of all persuasions -- pre-Election and post-Election was that he "lacked passion". "He could not instill any passion." "Kerry was passionless." Lack of passion typically loses an election. :ohmy: Please, don't anyone write that KERRY has passion. Height yes, passion no. :(

well you know what? he instilled passion in ME. :madspit: the experts aren't always right about everybody and everything. get over yourself.

Kerry actually had incredible passion when he testified in front of Congress post-Vietnam, and in all related interviews, speeches and statements. It was something remarkable to see, and even Nixon and his administration realized it, saying that Kerry "looks like a Kennedy and talks like a Kennedy."

I always felt that the spark in him had somehow died out over the years. Personally, I think that Washington and politics are to blame. Politics suck the soul and humanity out of people and leave them unrecognizable.

Had Kerry had the same passion as he did in the early 70s, that would have been a wonder to watch.

Re: Re: Kerry without passion!

U2democrat said:

well you know what? he instilled passion in ME.

Me too. I felt alot of emotion at the rallies I went to. In fact, the whole passion of the thing is why I went to the rallies. It wasn't the easiest thing to go to the rallies and debate parties and such after work, but I got alot out of those rallies and I don't regret my participation in Kerry's campaign. I never will, never mind that we didn't win. Vince Lombardi sure was wrong about winning.

Re: Re: Re: Kerry without passion!

verte76 said:

Me too. I felt alot of emotion at the rallies I went to. In fact, the whole passion of the thing is why I went to the rallies. It wasn't the easiest thing to go to the rallies and debate parties and such after work, but I got alot out of those rallies and I don't regret my participation in Kerry's campaign. I never will, never mind that we didn't win. Vince Lombardi sure was wrong about winning.

good i'm glad i'm not the only one who felt that way here at interference.

And all those Pleba posts :yikes: oh but you think that Sean Connery Bond thing going, I still think that Roger Moore was great.

Back
Top Bottom