Kerry should hire Chris Matthews - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

Ouch! That's not even close to funny.
It wasn't supposed to be.

I can't stand the guy.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 03:37 AM
In defense of DaveC, he didn't say anything illegal; just giving the president a serious headache is one of our rights. Maybe if John Kerry did the same, I could wholeheartedly support the guy.

I was recently informed as to why Gore didn't attack Bush during the 2000 campaign. Basically it was because he'd be a hypocrite if he accused Bush of any wrongdoing. That was from a campaign advisor whose name escapes me at the moment.

Kerry, however, is sitting on so much information that could win him the election, but he isn't throwing any punches aside from standing up against the Swiftboat ads. This makes me think that the Democrats and Republicans could care less about who wins, as long as the status quo is pleased and dare I say...controlled.

I know quite a few people who are voting for Bush because he seems like a normal, likeable guy. Key word: "seems". If they only knew...wait...no...if they only would accept the facts of his adminstration and how deleterious they are toward the average citizen (95% of us)...they'd vote for Kerry in a landslide.

Personally, Nader deserves the job...(I just wanted to add that)

Old 08-29-2004, 12:14 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:37 AM
I don't even think bush is all that likeable of a guy , he's not a good public speaker and usually has an annoying smirk on his face.....but that's just me.

God I hope Kerry kicks things up in the debates, cause it seems like he's using the same sort of tactics that Gore did . The democrats need to stop taking Bush's crap and stick up for themselves.

I agree to an extent about the whole if people vote for someone bad because of going off of who's more likeable that they deserve what they get....but then I remember that I have to live here too
Old 08-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Gore did something incredibly stupid during the general election. He pulled his campaign out of Ohio, with its 20 electoral votes, ten days before the election. At the time, I didn't know this. Bush won the state by five points. When I found out about this, after the election, I fumed. How dumb! I think the debates will be good for Kerry. He'll get to say things in the debates that he can't say in soundbites. Plus, he's not pulling his campaign out of Ohio.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

And we must not forget, during the primaries most people thought John Kerry was dead. He was behind Al Sharpton in national polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He always does his best when his back is against a wall....lets just hope he fights back before it's too late.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Out in the field, the Kerry campaign is being much more aggressive than the Gore campaign was. Gore never opened a campaign office anywhere in Alabama in 2000. There are three big campaign headquarters here, and this is not even a swing state. In 2000, there was one office in the entire state of Arizona, and no organization. There are six this year with a great big organization. The same pattern exists in other states. Needless to say there are many offices in the swing states, but this is a fifty-state campaign in a way that 2000 was not.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:59 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

This race is so tight. We interferencers and pundits can make all the judgements in the world, but honestly, its way too close to make a prediction either way.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
This race is so tight. We interferencers and pundits can make all the judgements in the world, but honestly, its way too close to make a prediction either way.
Oh, at this point we haven't even started the "campaign season" between Labor Day and Election Day. There are going to be debates, jobs reports, and all sorts of issues are going to come out, because God knows the electorate wants to get the hell out of Vietnam and onto health care, the economy and Iraq.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Oh, at this point we haven't even started the "campaign season" between Labor Day and Election Day. There are going to be debates, jobs reports, and all sorts of issues are going to come out, because God knows the electorate wants to get the hell out of Vietnam and onto health care, the economy and Iraq.
yeah...many of my friends are saying "oh kerry's doomed" or "oh bush is doomed" and pundits have tried to predict but i keep telling people...there's way too much left to happen.