Kerry guaranteed to win! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 09-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:11 AM
I'm 100% Dutch as far back as the 1600s. I believe my ancestors were peasants living on the castle grounds, probably slaving away for everyone else's royal ancestors.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #17
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Not to be completely picky bammo2, but surely you must be aware that it really doesn't mean anything to be 'English'. By Jove, don't you realise how many times this insignificant little island has been invaded?!

If it wasn't the Germans it was the French, if it wasn't the French it was the Vikings! From Saxons to Normans, and from Ivan the Terrible to modern-day Australian back-packers. We're a bloody mess.

P.S - the only real royalty in my blood, apparently, comes from Cuahtemoc, an Aztec emperor. Apparently I'm related to him, though fat lot of use thats ever done me.

Razors pain you; Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give;
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 09-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #18
New Yorker
Local Time: 10:11 AM
My last name means Traveling King in German but I have no idea if I actually had a traveling king in my past.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:29 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:11 PM
My name is German for "maker of earthenware", or "potter". Have I found my German ancestor's birthplace? No, and I probably never will. For awhile I had a false lead to Westphalia, but that was a great big mistake someone made up by concocting a story about alleged blue bloods in our ancestry. One really funny thing about having a Czech history site with genealogy links is that sometimes I get e-mails from people who think I'm a "real" Czech, as opposed to someone who pretends like they are one on the weekends. Just the other day some Czech-American guy e-mailed me asking for ancestor-tracing tips and I just flat out told him I was clueless in the matter as my heritage is actually mostly Irish.