Kerry Flip-Flops Again to Support Anti-Gay Amendment in Missouri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
You do all realize that the article I posted was written by a gay man. The title of the thread came from his article.

And while some of you claim I posted partisan political things....The Log Cabin republicans, a gay group of republicans, have been BLASTING BUSH on their own site. They, while you would love to paint them as being partisan, have been very fair in their criticism of both men. The article I posted ends with this:

[Q]"It is wrong for President Bush to play politics with the Constitutional process and it is wrong for Senator Kerry and Senator Edwards to do the same thing," concluded Barron.[/Q]

Unfortunately it is getting more and more difficult to post any article, no matter how much some of us try, before it degenerates into Dread is posting partisan crap.

Check the log cabin boys out....While republican, they hold no punches.

http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/index

Senator Kerry & Senator Edwards did not play politics with the constitutional process. They did not bring that type of legislature to the table and I don't think they ever will. Kerry stated how he would vote based on his personal belief.

The log cabin boys should hold no punches because Bush and Kerry are wrong. So are a majority of the citizens of this country and I hold faith that this issue will be resolved in a just way in the future. Most Americans just aren't ready to see the light.

For the record, I also disagree with Senator Kerry about gay marriage. I support it. I don't think it's right to tell anyone that they can't get married. However, this disagreement isn't enough to affect my vote, because I vote on many different issues, mainly economics.

How is it not a FLIP FLOP when he says he can only support Ammendments that also afford protections to Gay Partnerships....and then says he supports something that does not?

verte76 said:
For the record, I also disagree with Senator Kerry about gay marriage. I support it. I don't think it's right to tell anyone that they can't get married. However, this disagreement isn't enough to affect my vote, because I vote on many different issues, mainly economics.

:yes: Economics is what drives me most too verte76. That ans the environment. It's funny how there aren't a lot of arguments around here centering on economics though. :sexywink:

Dreadsox said:
How is it not a FLIP FLOP when he says he can only support Ammendments that also afford protections to Gay Partnerships....and then says he supports something that does not?

Sorry Dread, I reviewed the LA Times article as printed and I don't see the flip flop. It rings consistant to his stance on the issues.

I also don't remember reading that he could only support ammendments that also afford protections to Gay partnerships. I've only heard him say that it's a decision for states to make and he believes in civil unions. What am I missing? :huh:

If I can find it I will email you a transcript of him saying that. I posted the quotes from my article. I believe it is a flip flop you do not.

peace.

Dreadsox said:

While I love Anne because she does pay attention and does respond with things to back herself up........

Your typical Kerry misrepresentation gets old.

Maybe if we read the article provided by the link, we would see where the GAY man has issue with Kerry's position.

I absolutely read your link/ article first.

I also know what I read in my hour / hour in a half (two cups of Starbucks coffee) daily read of the L A Times.

The GOP log cabin group consider themselves loyal Republicans. Their site links to all the main stream Bush/ Cheney official sites.

They are attending the GOP convention and trying to get inclusive language in the platform.

Intentional or not you posted a partisan attack article from the GOP.

Others, and I just pointed that out.

I have posted in here more than once, something that others have challenged correctly.

Is the goal to get people to abandon Kerry and vote Nader so Bush can squeak in again?

BostonAnne said:

I also don't remember reading that he could only support ammendments that also afford protections to Gay partnerships. I've only heard him say that it's a decision for states to make and he believes in civil unions. What am I missing? :huh:

Anne,

This is from the Bush/Cheney 2004 site.

Flip-Flopped On Gay Marriage Amendment

In 2002, Kerry Signed Letter ?Urging? MA Legislature To Reject Constitutional Amendment Banning Gay Marriage. ?We rarely comment on issues that are wholly within the jurisdiction of the General Court, but there are occasions when matters pending before you are of such significance to all residents of the Commonwealth that we think it appropriate for us to express our opinion. One such matter is the proposed Constitutional amendment that would prohibit or seriously inhibit any legal recognition whatsoever of same-sex relationships. We believe it would be a grave error for Massachusetts to enshrine in our Constitution a provision which would have such a negative effect on so many of our fellow residents. ? We are therefore united in urging you to reject this Constitutional amendment and avoid stigmatizing so many of our fellow citizens who do not deserve to be treated in such a manner.? (Sen. John Kerry, et al, Letter To Members Of The Massachusetts Legislature, 7/12/02)

Now, In 2004, Kerry Won?t Rule Out Supporting Similar Amendment. ?Asked if he would support a state constitutional amendment barring gay and lesbian marriages, Kerry didn?t rule out the possibility. ?I?ll have to see what language there is,? he said.? (Susan Milligan, ?Kerry Says GOP May Target Him On ?Wedge Issue,?? The Boston Globe, 2/6/04)

I think Kerry speaking about the Commonwealth of Mass. and their amendment.

He has said he does not support the U. S. Constitutional Amendment. He has said the states should decide.

There is a concentrated effort to tar him as a flip-flopper and turn his supporters off.

Many believe the only reason Bush 1 lost in 92 is because he was perceived as a flip flopper and many supporters stayed home or voted for a 3rd party.

BostonAnne said:

:yes: Economics is what drives me most too verte76. That ans the environment. It's funny how there aren't a lot of arguments around here centering on economics though. :sexywink:

The environment is important to me also. It's funny how some of these other issues are, in some cases little more than distraction. I care about gay issues but understand that the laws in Massachusetts and Missouri were not exactly identical. There were some key differences.

verte76 said:
For the record I certainly don't consider John Kerry above criticism. Quite frankly I don't hold any politicians in particularly high esteem. However, I do think I should vote. Sometimes the whole thing is a pain in the neck for me. But it's part of being a citizen to me. I do think that if we didn't have this punishing, expensive campaign season of ours we'd get better candidates. God knows how many good people this stupid system is keeping out of the campaigns. That's what pisses me off.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Exactly.

Politicians- :mad:

"Lynne and I have a gay daughter, so it's an issue our family is very familiar with. Cheney said

Freedom means freedom for everyone," the Vice President said.

I guess discrimination isn't funny anymore when your daughter's the victim.

Back
Top Bottom