Kerry Concedes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DrTeeth said:
There's definitely something wrong when your personal religious values are transformed into legislation. Who are you to push your opinions on gay marriage on other people (and I'm using ' you' in general here)?

You realize that there are differing opinions on the subject - why is it that some think only one side is "pushing" an opinion on the subject?

Scarletwine said:
:sad:

In my mind it's a sad day for America and the world.

no it isn't. it's a great day, regardless of who won. we had yet another election without blood shed... without a military coup... where the will of the people decided who should be president. people waited in lines for hours to have their voices heard. today is a great day for america. a great day.

DrTeeth said:

There's definitely something wrong when your personal religious values are transformed into legislation. Who are you to push your opinions on gay marriage on other people (and I'm using ' you' in general here)?

No there isn't. For some people religion is the life they live, whether or not they're faithful to their spouses, whether or not they are decent citizens, etc. So, they're going to vote for what's important to them, and what's best for the country, just like you...and yes, they do also know what's best for this country. You just have to find something to attack because our views don't match with yours.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

no it isn't. it's a great day, regardless of who won. we had yet another election without blood shed... without a military coup... where the will of the people decided who should be president. people waited in lines for hours to have their voices heard. today is a great day for america. a great day.

I totally agree. That's how I felt afterward, glad to be in a country like this, and proud to be American, frankly.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:up:

I guess we forget that the smooth transition of power and the stability of our country through elections was, at one point, envied by many in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom