Kerry Concedes - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

Indeed.

I think Kerry's concession today proves what a class act he is and proves I voted for the right person in this election -- even if he lost.

I completely agree, sharky.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #32
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

i'll give kerry some props here, as well. it was obvious to everyone that the numbers in ohio simply did not add up for kerry. thank you, john kerry, for seeing the obvious and not listening to john edwards and holding out. there was no need to drag this through the mud when it's obvious to anyone with a calculator that kerry can't win ohio. kudos, indeed.

Agreed. I'm disapointed in the results but the last thing this country needs is another long, drawn out fight when the numbers clearly indicate he's done.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
I love this country...the last two elections haven't gone the way I wanted, but that's ok. It's time to work towards the America we want, not complain that it's not here whether it's bush kerry or any other person in office
Old 11-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
I love this country...the last two elections haven't gone the way I wanted, but that's ok. It's time to work towards the America we want, not complain that it's not here whether it's bush kerry or any other person in office
Thank you. It's not the time to complain about the battle. It's over. Comlaints will achieve nothing but division at this point.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Agreed. I'm disapointed in the results but the last thing this country needs is another long, drawn out fight when the numbers clearly indicate he's done.
Kerry's action should be credited to him as an act to help unite the country
Old 11-03-2004, 09:53 AM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I apologize for the bible belt and utah.

they are not capable of voting on issues for the best all people, but believe they are instruments for the lord in polling booths.

Thank you for saying that. It goes to show you how "out of touch" those people are.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #37
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tackleberry

Thank you for saying that. It goes to show you how "out of touch" those people are.
It could be turned completely back on you...and p.s., I don't think it's some crusade. I think it's people voting their conscience and their minds, and according to their values. Don't generalize.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:55 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V
I agree. I will remain active in politics, and protest if I see the need for it. I'm not one for throwing in the towel.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:55 AM   #39
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

I'm a bit out of the loop on this - since Kerry lost, he'll just go back to the Senate. Who would have taken his place if he had won the Presidency? Was his seat up for re-election this year?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #40
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
I'm a bit out of the loop on this - since Kerry lost, he'll just go back to the Senate. Who would have taken his place if he had won the Presidency? Was his seat up for re-election this year?
not entirely sure about this...but I BELIEVE the governor of the state gets to appoint the next senator...again not sure about that.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Kerry still has his Senate seat.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #42
War Child

Kerry now speaking at 2 btw.. Looks like the President will be speaking around 3.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #43
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Traveller

It could be turned completely back on you...and p.s., I don't think it's some crusade. I think it's people voting their conscience and their minds, and according to their values. Don't generalize.
I'm sorry, but I truly believe that people in the "bible belt" did not and can not understand the impact of 9/11 and terrorism as much as people in the Northeast and in most big cities. It is NOT the same out there.

Moral values=religious beliefs in the bible belt. Hence, I agree with deep's comment.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #44
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tackleberry

I'm sorry, but I truly believe that people in the "bible belt" did not and can not understand the impact of 9/11 and terrorism as much as people in the Northeast and in most big cities. It is NOT the same out there.

Moral values=religious beliefs in the bible belt. Hence, I agree with deep's comment.
You don't know at all what the bible belt understands. Neither do I, since I'm not considered in the Bible belt (thank goodness). Of course they do, but what's wrong with voting your values? Didn't you????

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they're stupid or don't understand and can't decide what they think is best for them and this country.

Maybe you're just a little big religious-phobic. That doesn't make you right.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

perhaps i should move out of the northeast and go live with my fellow no good moronic red neck bible bumpers.

ya know... kerry didn't get 100% of the vote here in the northeast, and i don't think all of us who voted for him are morons. i think we're pretty smrt, too.