Kerry Concedes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'll give kerry some props here, as well. it was obvious to everyone that the numbers in ohio simply did not add up for kerry. thank you, john kerry, for seeing the obvious and not listening to john edwards and holding out. there was no need to drag this through the mud when it's obvious to anyone with a calculator that kerry can't win ohio. kudos, indeed.

Agreed. I'm disapointed in the results but the last thing this country needs is another long, drawn out fight when the numbers clearly indicate he's done.

I love this country...the last two elections haven't gone the way I wanted, but that's ok. It's time to work towards the America we want, not complain that it's not here whether it's bush kerry or any other person in office

Arun V said:
I love this country...the last two elections haven't gone the way I wanted, but that's ok. It's time to work towards the America we want, not complain that it's not here whether it's bush kerry or any other person in office

Thank you. It's not the time to complain about the battle. It's over. Comlaints will achieve nothing but division at this point.

Bono's American Wife said:
Agreed. I'm disapointed in the results but the last thing this country needs is another long, drawn out fight when the numbers clearly indicate he's done.

Kerry's action should be credited to him as an act to help unite the country :up:

deep said:
I apologize for the bible belt and utah.

they are not capable of voting on issues for the best all people, but believe they are instruments for the lord in polling booths.

:applaud:

Thank you for saying that. It goes to show you how "out of touch" those people are.

tackleberry said:

:applaud:

Thank you for saying that. It goes to show you how "out of touch" those people are.

It could be turned completely back on you...and p.s., I don't think it's some crusade. I think it's people voting their conscience and their minds, and according to their values. Don't generalize.

Last edited:
Arun V said:

I agree. I will remain active in politics, and protest if I see the need for it. I'm not one for throwing in the towel.

I'm a bit out of the loop on this - since Kerry lost, he'll just go back to the Senate. Who would have taken his place if he had won the Presidency? Was his seat up for re-election this year?

bonosloveslave said:
I'm a bit out of the loop on this - since Kerry lost, he'll just go back to the Senate. Who would have taken his place if he had won the Presidency? Was his seat up for re-election this year?

not entirely sure about this...but I BELIEVE the governor of the state gets to appoint the next senator...again not sure about that.

bonosloveslave said:

Kerry still has his Senate seat.

U2Traveller said:

It could be turned completely back on you...and p.s., I don't think it's some crusade. I think it's people voting their conscience and their minds, and according to their values. Don't generalize.

I'm sorry, but I truly believe that people in the "bible belt" did not and can not understand the impact of 9/11 and terrorism as much as people in the Northeast and in most big cities. It is NOT the same out there.

Moral values=religious beliefs in the bible belt. Hence, I agree with deep's comment.

tackleberry said:

I'm sorry, but I truly believe that people in the "bible belt" did not and can not understand the impact of 9/11 and terrorism as much as people in the Northeast and in most big cities. It is NOT the same out there.

Moral values=religious beliefs in the bible belt. Hence, I agree with deep's comment.

You don't know at all what the bible belt understands. Neither do I, since I'm not considered in the Bible belt (thank goodness). Of course they do, but what's wrong with voting your values? Didn't you????

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they're stupid or don't understand and can't decide what they think is best for them and this country.

Maybe you're just a little big religious-phobic. That doesn't make you right.

Last edited:
:sigh: perhaps i should move out of the northeast and go live with my fellow no good moronic red neck bible bumpers. :tsk:

ya know... kerry didn't get 100% of the vote here in the northeast, and i don't think all of us who voted for him are morons. i think we're pretty smrt, too.

Last edited:
I have been considering moving to another state recently, but this election has made me realize that I don't want to live in a traditionally democratic state, even though I'm indepdent. I do prefer the strongly Republican environment.

U2Traveller said:

You don't know at all what the bible belt understands. Neither do I, since I'm not considered in the Bible belt (thank goodness). Of course they do, but what's wrong with voting your values? Didn't you????

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they're stupid or don't understand and can't decide what they think is best for them and this country.

Maybe you're just a little big religious-phobic. That doesn't make you right.

I DID vote with my values. I am just saying that I agree with Deep's comment about the "lord" being at the polls. They (bible belt) voted from their religious values which are very similar to Bush's religious values which in turn has made this war on Terror a "crusade" (Bush did say this) and THAT's what angers me. THAT's WRONG! This country is on the brink of turning into a theocracy, and that scares me.

I am not religious phobic, by the way. I am a catholic, but I believe in SEPERATION of CHURCH AND STATE, and that is what's "right". I don't have to be "right"

tackleberry said:

I DID vote with my values. I am just saying that I agree with Deep's comment about the "lord" being at the polls. They (bible belt) voted from their religious values which are very similar to Bush's religious values which in turn has made this war on Terror a "crusade" (Bush did say this) and THAT's what angers me. THAT's WRONG! This country is on the brink of turning into a theocracy, and that scares me.

I am not religious phobic, by the way. I am a catholic, but I believe in SEPERATION of CHURCH AND STATE, and that is what's "right". I don't have to be "right"

What's wrong with voting from your religious values?

What's wrong with leading a country using your values (which is one of the reasons you were elected - at least this time around). I guess it's time for the rest of the country to look at the center, eh?

This country has always had a close alliance with church and state right from the start. It hasn't divorced itself from it. In fact this last election shows that is has just been made stronger. But, if the majority of the people feel this way what are you going to do about it?

Last edited:
tackleberry said:

I think you may have bought the hyperbole on the issue. The same things were said during the Reagan years. Remember the influence of the "Moral Majority"?

And what happened? Did we turn into a theocracy? NO.

Will it happen now? NO.

U2Traveller said:

What's wrong with voting from your religious values?

What's wrong with leading a country using your values (which is one of the reasons you were elected - at least this time around). I guess it's time for the rest of the country to look at the center, eh?

This country has always had a close alliance with church and state right from the start. It hasn't divorced itself from it. In fact this last election shows that is has just been made stronger. But, if the majority of the people feel this way what are you going to do about it?

Nothing. I think it's just wrong, in my opinion. And the majority of the people "who voted" feel this way, not ALL the people. I think we are making this war about religion and that's not what it is about, and I think people are falling into this trap. I believe in separation of Church and State. And I think more than ever (in my lifetime at least) we have moved the farthest away from this "moral value."

tackleberry said:

Nothing. I think it's just wrong, in my opinion. And the majority of the people "who voted" feel this way, not ALL the people. I think we are making this war about religion and that's not what it is about, and I think people are falling into this trap. I believe in separation of Church and State. And I think more than ever (in my lifetime at least) we have moved the farthest away from this "moral value."

I agree with nbcrusader above.

If to a person religion is a major part of their lives then everything is viewed through these glasses, and it's A-OKAY. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Everyone has their own perspective, and yours is not better than theirs.

tackleberry said:
I think we are making this war about religion and that's not what it is about, and I think people are falling into this trap.

I would share your concerns if people are making the "War on Terror" into a religious war. I think Bush has made overt statements to say this is NOT a war between Christians and Muslims. Bush has been clear that a small minority is trying to hijack Islam in this conflict.

U2Traveller said:
There's nothing wrong with it at all.

There's definitely something wrong when your personal religious values are transformed into legislation. Who are you to push your opinions on gay marriage on other people (and I'm using ' you' in general here)?

Not surprisingly, my mother is really, really upset. She's convinced that we are on a one-way road to decline. Gosh, I hope not. But alot can happen in four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom