Ken Lay becoming Poor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't feel too bad for him. He probably has money hidden away. Someone who is as smarmy as he is to steal pensions and pull all the crap he did is likely to protect himself first by hiding money.

I don't buy it. As Yellowkite says he probably has money stashed away. He may have offshore accounts or whatever.

I have changed my views on Ken Lay and Enron having read more about it. I think if found guilty a long sentence is appropriate.

I encourage everyone to watch the great documentary, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room. It will leave your blood boiling.

Lay and Skilling should rot in jail until they die.

:huh: Yeah, considering the median annual family income these days is $43,200...

Bono's shades said:
I admit, it's satisfying to see him lose a huge chunk of his fortune, but I wouldn't exactly call someone with $650,000 "poor."

I bet you could find plenty of people in California with a net worth of $650K still living paycheck to paycheck

nbcrusader said:

I bet you could find plenty of people in California with a net worth of $650K still living paycheck to paycheck

Well when you think your 9 year old daughter needs $200 Uggs, a $350 cell phone and a Louis Vuitton handbag, is it any surprise?

Individual metrics can be misleading. High net worth may be tied up in the home equity, with many people unable to purchase the home in which they currently live.

The trend in the US for the last 25 years has been to increase spending to match (or exceed) income. Deferred consumption was replaced by deferred repayment.

anitram said:
I encourage everyone to watch the great documentary, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room. It will leave your blood boiling.

didn't see the documentary - would probably anger me too much. But I agree on your assessment above.

anitram said:

How would we structure sentencing guidelines to achieve such a goal? Can the magnitude of fraud be scaled to a series of prison terms - with a certain level automatically getting life in prison?

Back
Top Bottom