Keith Olberman skewers Bill O'Reilly - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Keith Olberman skewers Bill O'Reilly

I've never watched Keith Olberman before but what do you all think of this?

Old 06-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:54 AM
It's funny.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 PM
He was just in hot water for insulting Rita Cosby, I think he called her dumber than a suitcase of rocks.

Maybe he's just as obnoxious as O'Reilly is. I don't watch him so I have no idea.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:54 PM
That's classic...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
Refugee

Its interesting that this Keith Olberman is obsessed with what is essentially another news anchor on a different network. Shouldn't Mr. Olberman be giving the public unbiased and objective reporting on the major issues effecting the country as opposed to talking about some other news anchor on another network? Is grade school level humor about one person on another network important news and is it in line with the main purpose of MSNBC? This is not the comedy channel.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #6
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Maoilbheannacht
Its interesting that this Keith Olberman is obsessed with what is essentially another news anchor on a different network. Shouldn't Mr. Olberman be giving the public unbiased and objective reporting on the major issues effecting the country as opposed to talking about some other news anchor on another network? Is grade school level humor about one person on another network important news and is it in line with the main purpose of MSNBC? This is not the comedy channel.
It was 1 minute and 14 seconds.

Networks take ratings seriously and when someone reports them falsely they do their best to clear that up, he just did it with some O'Reiley type of "humor".
Old 06-29-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I'll remember that the next time O'Reilly rants through his entire show how treasonous The New York Times is.

Melon
Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I'll remember that the next time O'Reilly rants through his entire show how treasonous The New York Times is.

Melon
Its want thing to spend a portion of your programing every night to slam the media or a particular media orgazations, its another to focus on ONE person night after night. Why does MSNBC attach that level of importance to O'Reilly? I don't recall anything like this among the evening news shows for the regular networks that have been in competition for years, in fact I don't recall anyone bashing a single person from another news network night after night.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

It was 1 minute and 14 seconds.

Networks take ratings seriously and when someone reports them falsely they do their best to clear that up, he just did it with some O'Reiley type of "humor".
Its also a daily occurance from what I hear. Does O'Reilly really deserve that level of coverage when on most nights no one is covering what is happening in SUDAN.

CBS, NBC, and ABC take ratings very seriously, but I don't recall one of their anchors taking time make grade school level jokes about an anchor at another network.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

from what I hear.
Be careful of what you hear. I've never seen him do that other than this time.
Quote:

CBS, NBC, and ABC take ratings very seriously, but I don't recall one of their anchors taking time make grade school level jokes about an anchor at another network.
When he delibertly speaks of false ratings about them, they can deal with it the way they'd like.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:

Be careful of what you hear. I've never seen him do that other than this time.

When he delibertly speaks of false ratings about them, they can deal with it the way they'd like.
Your saying this is the only time that Mr. Olberman has mentioned this guy on his show? I have seen his show a few times, and each time I saw it, there was something about him.

Honestly, this whole thing is just absurd. If were talking about your campus newspaper, the tabloids or something like that, ok. But a major news network at that time should be covering the "war in Iraq", Sudan, war on terrorism, emigrations issues, global warming, things that really effect people around the world, as opposed to how Mr. O'Reilly said something. I've never seen a news Anchor spend any amount of time slamming another news anchor. How is that news? How is discussing another news anchor important given the serious issues that are out there? This is not the John Stewart show, nor is it the comedy channel.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:36 AM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Your saying this is the only time that Mr. Olberman has mentioned this guy on his show? I have seen his show a few times, and each time I saw it, there was something about him.
Well see, now you are saying you've seen this and not heard this as you said before...so I'm really not sure what to believe.

Like I said, I've only seen it once(talking about O'Reilly), but I'm not an avid viewer.
Quote:

Honestly, this whole thing is just absurd. If were talking about your campus newspaper, the tabloids or something like that, ok. But a major news network at that time should be covering the "war in Iraq", Sudan, war on terrorism, emigrations issues, global warming, things that really effect people around the world, as opposed to how Mr. O'Reilly said something. I've never seen a news Anchor spend any amount of time slamming another news anchor. How is that news? How is discussing another news anchor important given the serious issues that are out there? This is not the John Stewart show, nor is it the comedy channel.
So why is it different when O'Reilly does it?
Old 06-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #13
Refugee

Quote:

Well see, now you are saying you've seen this and not heard this as you said before...so I'm really not sure what to believe.

Like I said, I've only seen it once(talking about O'Reilly), but I'm not an avid viewer.

So why is it different when O'Reilly does it?
I never said that I had NEVER seen the show. I have seen it a few times which it appears is more than you have. I have also seen the O'Reilly show a few times and I have never seen him talk exclusively about another news anchor on another channel night after night.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

I watch Olbermann's show from time to time and O'Reilly is frequently mentioned in a segment called the "Worst People In the World" or something to that effect.

But, like BVS said, why is he being called out for something O'Reilly (as well as many other hosts of this kind of show) does as well on a nightly basis?
Old 06-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

would you ask the same questions of Mr. O'Reilly who's obsessed with George Clooney?