Katherine Harris: If you're not voting for Christians, you're legislating sin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orl-senreligion0606oct06,0,7491785.story?coll=orl-news-headlines

"Six weeks after urging voters to elect only "tried and true" Christians, Senate candidate Katherine Harris is questioning her opponent's faith by saying he "votes completely contrary" to Christian principles.

In an interview published by a Christian news service, Harris said incumbent Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson "claims to be a Christian" but supports policies "completely contrary to what we say we believe."

In the item, Harris did not identify specific policies, but she has blasted Nelson for supporting abortion rights and for opposing a proposed constitutional amendment that would have outlawed gay marriage.

Nelson is a nondenominational Christian who was baptized Baptist. He grew up attending Baptist and Episcopal churches and joined First Presbyterian Church after moving to Orlando last year, according to spokesman Bryan Gulley.

He has served as chairman and vice chairman of the National Prayer Breakfast and, when in Washington, attends weekly prayer breakfasts with other elected officials. When he flew on the space shuttle in 1986, he took a Bible with him.

Nelson issued a statement this week, saying, "My faith is the essence of my being. But it is a part of my life I don't feel I should try to take advantage of in the public square."

Delighted that Ms. Harris is the official Christian spokesperson.

Actually the church I go to is called Saint Katherine Harris of Florida :yes:

There's a statue in the church of her- of course. We like to have mock elections in which we sorta fix the results, it's our version of bingo.

Back
Top Bottom