The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that's it exactly, Angela. The laws of karma are inextricably tied to the creator. Souls descend from and return back to God. God is everything, the creator of all.

originally posted by foray
Well, I guess I just don't understand what God is in your mind. You described it as an ocean from which we are drops. How did you even start believing in 'God'?

I don't understand others' concepts of God either. Some people see God as a Santa Claus-like man in time and space on a big throne in the clouds somewhere with a fluffy beard and I can't understand that at all. I used the ocean as simply an analogy to illustrate that soul is made in God's image, much like a drop of an ocean. It's also difficult to describe what God is when it's not something you can see with your physical eyes.

I have believed in God for as long as I can remember. I was raised in the Christian church and even though from a very young age (say, 8,9) I was suspicious of the religion, and hated going to church so much that it often made me literally physically ill, I always believed in God. I spent a lot of time as a child doing what I would describe as contemplating the existance of God. I had to attend church as long as I lived with my parents but from the moment I left for college I never returned to the church, except maybe once or twice. My belief in God has never waivered and I have always tried to commune with God in some way (through prayer, meditation, etc) and the spiritual practice is what has changed over the years.

diamond said:

I we went to the MetaPhysical bookstore on Scottsdale Rd.
I bought a book.
They wanted to put me on their mailing list.
I wasnt prepared to move so quickly.

martha and martha..how do you girls feel about James Van Praagh and his views on reincarnation?

http://www.shareguide.com/VanPraagh.html

db9

I am not familiar with him but from the link you shared I agree with a lot of what he says. I personally tend to stay away from psychic stuff but I'm glad you bought a book in a metaphysical bookstore and are exploring more esoteric forms of spirituality. :up:

joyfulgirl said:

I am not familiar with him but from the link you shared I agree with a lot of what he says. I personally tend to stay away from psychic stuff but I'm glad you bought a book in a metaphysical bookstore and are exploring more esoteric forms of spirituality. :up:

the name of diamondbruno has it's own brand of esotericism :angry:

refuse be type cast, be confined to limitations, constraints or boundries.
:angry:

ms joyful plez work w martha#1

thank u
db9:wink:

Back
Top Bottom