Kafir and Alan= MY 2 heroes. Total Diamondmove at the Peace Rally.. luv these guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Kafir and Alan= MY 2 heroes. Total Diamondmove at the Peace Rally.Love these guys.

from.parcol2.0002.ImageFile.jpg

The story=
2 righteous brothers infiltrate the "Peace Rally" in SF recently carrying large poster signs lampooning the war protesters.
These guys were frickin brilliant.:up:

additional pics later.
:)

DB9

Last edited:
from.parcol2.0001.ImageFile.jpg

Most of the protesters were oblivious to the fellows, a few tried to harrass Kafir and Alan, however they were undetered.

Righteous.
DB9
:up:

lmao, those guys are brilliant!

"communism has only killed 100 million people...let's give it another chance"

nice work fellows.

What was the point of them even being there...because they disagreed with the people who are against the impending war? How does it make them brilliant that they are insulting others for their beliefs? How does lampooning a peace rally make them heros? Perhaps instead of mocking the people who are for peace, They should hold a pro war rally.

While I find that peace rallies really do little if nothing to change the actions of the government, I think it's pretty lame that these guys would mock these people for standing up for what they believe in.

Lilly said:

"communism has only killed 100 million people...let's give it another chance"

Yeah, brilliant. Saddam, you?re a communist.

Intelligence of banana skin. Live up to it, diamond :up:

i think you're thinking into it too much. it's interesting because no one there read the signs and kicked them out. no one there noticed there were 2 separate protests going on.

the other more pertinent point it was making was that people who don't want to disarm iraq are allegedly enabling saddam. we need to take saddam out of power, he's killing his own people and is threatening to kill us.

Live and let live...these guys were making a mockery of these people. So they are against the war...let them voice their opinion without them becoming a butt of a joke. I'm pretty sure that if there were a pro war rally and a couple of people did the same thing these "heros" did, some people here would be outraged.

It all boils down to allowing people to express themselves, and being tolerant of that viewpoint, even if you disagree with it.

daisybean said:
What was the point of them even being there...because they disagreed with the people who are against the impending war? How does it make them brilliant that they are insulting others for their beliefs? How does lampooning a peace rally make them heros? Perhaps instead of mocking the people who are for peace, They should hold a pro war rally.

While I find that peace rallies really do little if nothing to change the actions of the government, I think it's pretty lame that these guys would mock these people for standing up for what they believe in.

I agree. There's nothing in the way of you guys having a pro-war rally. Seriously! Make signs, schedule speakers, the works! It's your right to do it if you really want to. You shouldn't have any problems. If you do, I'll raise hell. :scream: :scream: :censored:

live and let live....each of those people had the right to be there and to express their opinion, something which they were all doing.

so what's wrong with that?

Everyone has the right to express their views in a peaceful manner. Whether your or I find it distasteful or shocking is not the point...they still have a right to do so.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that supporting the removal of Saddam from power means you are pro-war. I don't buy that any more than I buy the theory that being pro-peace means you support Saddam.

Lilly said:
live and let live....each of those people had the right to be there and to express their opinion, something which they were all doing.

so what's wrong with that?

Why do I get the feeling you are trying to pick a fight?

Anyway...if these guys wanted to show their support they could have found a better way to do it, rather than show disregard for the opinions of others.

This thread is becoming quite ironic.

i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. get over it. we are discussing an issue, not eachother. i'm saying what i believe, you're saying what you believe, it's the normal transaction of a political conversation.

char, yes i think it is a little absurd to say "with us or against us," but it is the assumption of many extremely pro-war groups. :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:
Everyone has the right to express their views in a peaceful manner. Whether your or I find it distasteful or shocking is not the point...they still have a right to do so.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that supporting the removal of Saddam from power means you are pro-war. I don't buy that any more than I buy the theory that being pro-peace means you support Saddam.

I don't buy this either. I think Saddam is a :censored:. He reminds me of another dictator I despised, Slobodan Milosevic. I'll be damned if I approve of him. I just have my doubts as to whether the war can really take him out. The first war didn't. I wish to heck it had; we wouldn't have this mess on our hands if it had. Damn. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Lilly said:
i think you're thinking into it too much. it's interesting because no one there read the signs and kicked them out. no one there noticed there were 2 separate protests going on.

I doubt no one noticed. There are ALWAYS people at protesting protesting the people protesting. You can't really "kick people" out of a protest.

daisybean said:
1-What was the point of them even being there...because they disagreed with the people who are against the impending war?

2-How does it make them brilliant that they are insulting others for their beliefs?

1-I listened to Kafir on the radio.
He is well versed ,polite and knowledgeable. His purpose was to dialouge with people only.

2-The 2 gentleman were not beligerent nor insulting.

peace.

Diamond

Bono's American Wife said:

:up:

1. I do not always agree with Lilly and I have been at odds with her in the past, but from a third party perspective and from what I know about her, she WOULD NOT try to pick a fight with an inteferencer.

2. If the Ku Klux Klan or Neo-Nazi Skinheads or some other group of crap-heads were to come to your town to hold a demonstration, wouldn't you hope that African American groups, the local Jewish Federation, and simply good people would go and counter their hateful demonstration? I've considered doing this myself. I yelled out the window at some Klansmen in an Alabama-Florida border town when they were dressed in their silly ghost costumes and passing out propagandist literature in the streets. I went to see former President Bush on a campaign stop in a local mega-mall on the 1992 campaign trail, and, reasonably, there were hecklers in the crowd who were opposed to him waving their signs. These rallies are all about "free speech" anyway, right?

~U2Alabama

Dreadsox said:
Way to go protestors!!!!!! You may very well have actually helped the war movement.

Headlines below:

Hussein Emboldened by Antiwar Sentiment
Iraq Has Failed to Follow Through on Cooperation, Inspectors Say
advertisement

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31959-2003Feb19.html

That's weird. But please don't assume I'm pro-Saddam or some damn thing because I protested. I like Saddam about like I liked Slobodan Milosevic, and let me tell you, I hated that guy enough to support two wars in the former Yugoslavia. What's wrong with this one? I have big time doubts if it can take Saddam out. The first one didn't, and the last few days of Desert Storm, in fact, were dedicated to fixing the Kuwait ruler's gold faucets!! I'm not kidding. There were some *real* bad jokes about that stuff.

I am just irked because I was really starting to believe that he was close to complying. I apologize to all who protested. I was holding out hope that maybe just maybe things were changing.

Sorry.

U2Bama said:
1. I do not always agree with Lilly and I have been at odds with her in the past, but from a third party perspective and from what I know about her, she WOULD NOT try to pick a fight with an inteferencer.

2. If the Ku Klux Klan or Neo-Nazi Skinheads or some other group of crap-heads were to come to your town to hold a demonstration, wouldn't you hope that African American groups, the local Jewish Federation, and simply good people would go and counter their hateful demonstration? I've considered doing this myself. I yelled out the window at some Klansmen in an Alabama-Florida border town when they were dressed in their silly ghost costumes and passing out propagandist literature in the streets. I went to see former President Bush on a campaign stop in a local mega-mall on the 1992 campaign trail, and, reasonably, there were hecklers in the crowd who were opposed to him waving their signs. These rallies are all about "free speech" anyway, right?

~U2Alabama

Yes. You make some good points. Good for yelling at the Klan! I don't know, there's something inconsistent in someone showing up and telling me to go to hell for demonstrating. Uh, what are they doing?

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Yeah, brilliant. Saddam, you?re a communist.

Intelligence of banana skin. Live up to it, diamond :up:
HipHop- I will go easy on you.;)

The Peace Rallies have been organized by a lot of different Communist/Marxists groups in different countries..

No one implied Saddam was a Communist.
Silly you.

Diamond
:wave:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I don't know, there's something inconsistent in someone showing up and telling me to go to hell for demonstrating. Uh, what are they doing?

verte76:

Perhaps I missed something, or maybe you encountered some yahoo at the Birmingham rally, but I do not see where Kafir and Alan told anyone to go to hell. They were just attending to progress a viewpoint counter to what they saw as hunanitarian inconsistencies amongst many of the groups that organize and participate in many of these demonstrations. They were at the one in San Francisco, which, if I recall, had several Marxist groups that have militant agendas. Is that "peaceful" or anti-war?

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom