Kafir and Alan= MY 2 heroes. Total Diamondmove at the Peace Rally.. luv these guys. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #16
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Everyone has the right to express their views in a peaceful manner. Whether your or I find it distasteful or shocking is not the point...they still have a right to do so.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that supporting the removal of Saddam from power means you are pro-war. I don't buy that any more than I buy the theory that being pro-peace means you support Saddam.
__________________

__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 07:11 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
daisybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Posts: 8,577
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
live and let live....each of those people had the right to be there and to express their opinion, something which they were all doing.


so what's wrong with that?
Why do I get the feeling you are trying to pick a fight?

Anyway...if these guys wanted to show their support they could have found a better way to do it, rather than show disregard for the opinions of others.

This thread is becoming quite ironic.
__________________

__________________
daisybean is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 11:09 PM
i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. get over it. we are discussing an issue, not eachother. i'm saying what i believe, you're saying what you believe, it's the normal transaction of a political conversation.




char, yes i think it is a little absurd to say "with us or against us," but it is the assumption of many extremely pro-war groups.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 07:26 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Everyone has the right to express their views in a peaceful manner. Whether your or I find it distasteful or shocking is not the point...they still have a right to do so.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that supporting the removal of Saddam from power means you are pro-war. I don't buy that any more than I buy the theory that being pro-peace means you support Saddam.

I don't buy this either. I think Saddam is a . He reminds me of another dictator I despised, Slobodan Milosevic. I'll be damned if I approve of him. I just have my doubts as to whether the war can really take him out. The first war didn't. I wish to heck it had; we wouldn't have this mess on our hands if it had. Damn.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
i think you're thinking into it too much. it's interesting because no one there read the signs and kicked them out. no one there noticed there were 2 separate protests going on.
I doubt no one noticed. There are ALWAYS people at protesting protesting the people protesting. You can't really "kick people" out of a protest.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean
1-What was the point of them even being there...because they disagreed with the people who are against the impending war?

2-How does it make them brilliant that they are insulting others for their beliefs?

1-I listened to Kafir on the radio.
He is well versed ,polite and knowledgeable. His purpose was to dialouge with people only.

2-The 2 gentleman were not beligerent nor insulting.

peace.

Diamond
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 10:56 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
What I don't agree with is the assumption that supporting the removal of Saddam from power means you are pro-war. I don't buy that any more than I buy the theory that being pro-peace means you support Saddam.
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 10:59 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gulf Coast State of Mine
Posts: 3,405
Local Time: 11:09 PM

1. I do not always agree with Lilly and I have been at odds with her in the past, but from a third party perspective and from what I know about her, she WOULD NOT try to pick a fight with an inteferencer.

2. If the Ku Klux Klan or Neo-Nazi Skinheads or some other group of crap-heads were to come to your town to hold a demonstration, wouldn't you hope that African American groups, the local Jewish Federation, and simply good people would go and counter their hateful demonstration? I've considered doing this myself. I yelled out the window at some Klansmen in an Alabama-Florida border town when they were dressed in their silly ghost costumes and passing out propagandist literature in the streets. I went to see former President Bush on a campaign stop in a local mega-mall on the 1992 campaign trail, and, reasonably, there were hecklers in the crowd who were opposed to him waving their signs. These rallies are all about "free speech" anyway, right?

~U2Alabama
__________________
U2Bama is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 11:17 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Way to go protestors!!!!!! You may very well have actually helped the war movement.

Headlines below:


Hussein Emboldened by Antiwar Sentiment
Iraq Has Failed to Follow Through on Cooperation, Inspectors Say
advertisement

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Feb19.html
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 11:54 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Way to go protestors!!!!!! You may very well have actually helped the war movement.

Headlines below:


Hussein Emboldened by Antiwar Sentiment
Iraq Has Failed to Follow Through on Cooperation, Inspectors Say
advertisement

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Feb19.html

That's weird. But please don't assume I'm pro-Saddam or some damn thing because I protested. I like Saddam about like I liked Slobodan Milosevic, and let me tell you, I hated that guy enough to support two wars in the former Yugoslavia. What's wrong with this one? I have big time doubts if it can take Saddam out. The first one didn't, and the last few days of Desert Storm, in fact, were dedicated to fixing the Kuwait ruler's gold faucets!! I'm not kidding. There were some *real* bad jokes about that stuff.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 11:56 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 12:09 AM
I am just irked because I was really starting to believe that he was close to complying. I apologize to all who protested. I was holding out hope that maybe just maybe things were changing.

Sorry.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 02-19-2003, 11:58 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
1. I do not always agree with Lilly and I have been at odds with her in the past, but from a third party perspective and from what I know about her, she WOULD NOT try to pick a fight with an inteferencer.

2. If the Ku Klux Klan or Neo-Nazi Skinheads or some other group of crap-heads were to come to your town to hold a demonstration, wouldn't you hope that African American groups, the local Jewish Federation, and simply good people would go and counter their hateful demonstration? I've considered doing this myself. I yelled out the window at some Klansmen in an Alabama-Florida border town when they were dressed in their silly ghost costumes and passing out propagandist literature in the streets. I went to see former President Bush on a campaign stop in a local mega-mall on the 1992 campaign trail, and, reasonably, there were hecklers in the crowd who were opposed to him waving their signs. These rallies are all about "free speech" anyway, right?



~U2Alabama

Yes. You make some good points. Good for yelling at the Klan! I don't know, there's something inconsistent in someone showing up and telling me to go to hell for demonstrating. Uh, what are they doing?
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 02-20-2003, 12:06 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Im liking Lilly's logic
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 02-20-2003, 12:15 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars


Yeah, brilliant. Saddam, you´re a communist.

Intelligence of banana skin. Live up to it, diamond
HipHop- I will go easy on you.


The Peace Rallies have been organized by a lot of different Communist/Marxists groups in different countries..

No one implied Saddam was a Communist.
Silly you.

Diamond
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 02-20-2003, 12:16 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gulf Coast State of Mine
Posts: 3,405
Local Time: 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I don't know, there's something inconsistent in someone showing up and telling me to go to hell for demonstrating. Uh, what are they doing?
verte76:

Perhaps I missed something, or maybe you encountered some yahoo at the Birmingham rally, but I do not see where Kafir and Alan told anyone to go to hell. They were just attending to progress a viewpoint counter to what they saw as hunanitarian inconsistencies amongst many of the groups that organize and participate in many of these demonstrations. They were at the one in San Francisco, which, if I recall, had several Marxist groups that have militant agendas. Is that "peaceful" or anti-war?

~U2Alabama
__________________

__________________
U2Bama is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com