Just wondering if anyone here is Gay?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I know that this is something that is personal but I was just curious, a lot of people are very quick to state their religion etc, so I was just curious to know if anyone was gay. My best friend is gay and I know lots of gay people, I like everybody generally....Now I hope no one gets the shits with me for asking this, I was just curious thats all
smile.gif

3 of my good female friends in high school were bisexual, but I myself am heterosexual.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

You shouldn't ask such a question here, there are people here I know that are so religious that they are against gays and there is one girl who is a lesbian and freely admits she is one and she basically defined by it, people refer to her as the lesbian girl. I say if people want to say what their sexuality during a conversation, let them do that, like people say what religion they might follow. I wouldn't put up an entire thread though dedicated to finding out if anyone happens to be gay, you are going to make it in basically people coming to this thread to see if people actually admit it or not, that is the whole purpose of the thread so people that are going to admit it will be much more put in a spotlight. A person's sexual preference should be kept private, not put in threads like for everyone to see.

~rougerum

Well said Henry. It is a private and personal matter. My cousin who I was very close to was gay and died of aids. Some of my family members were very down on him and could not understand his lifestyle. Boy do I miss him.
frown.gif

If everyone kept their sexual preferences for themselves, there wouldn't be much "going on" would there?

Why should somebody's sexual preferences be more private that religion or political preferences?

IMO, I don't see what is wrong with asking this question. It's not like it was asked in a negative way. If somebody doesn't want to answer it, they don't have to. If somebody doesn't wish to discuss it, they don't have to look at this thread.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

I get hit on all the time by gay guys, and I usually tell them that "Sorry,I am a lesbian". This makes them laugh and kinda lets me/them off the hook at the same time. It dosen't bother me at all, and it is actually kind of flattering.

As far as those who are bi-sexual, I've heard it compared to everthing from being confused to being the best of both worlds.

I think people should just get over it. Find something else to hate. People are too uptight when they worry so much about someone elses free will and freedom to live they way the are. Not to stereotype, but most gay people I know are such creative genuises, and a hoot to be around.

I have sort of stumbled onto this conclusion:

EVERYONE IS GAY!
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 08-26-2001).]

Originally posted by OzAurora:
Now I hope no one gets the shits with me for asking this, I was just curious thats all
smile.gif

Well, I got the shit(e)s now but its not your fault. I just ate a salad that Foray made me eat, now I got em'

Go cry a river rougerm. If your gay and dont want to admit it but getting defensive wont make us blind from the truth.

>>>>rougerm is Anthony;s boyfriend!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

bonoman knows something we don't?

really though, I have to agree with rougerum, and people will say that gay's are just ashamed or embarrassed to admit their sexuality, but I think it's a matter of people judging them, condemning them and yes, defining them by their sexual orientation

categories, categories, categories...

people like to put others in a box with a label on it, same with race, religion and gender

this is not an attack on you OzAurora, I just don't think it's a good idea to have a sign-up sheet because it's an open invitation for discrimination

------------------
For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge
For the hearing of my heart---
It really goes.

And there is a charge, a very large charge
For a word or a touch
Or a bit of blood

-Sylvia Plath

hmmmmmmm, I knew this question would get some of the replies that it has, like I said I am not intentionally trying to piss anyone off, I was just curious thats all, I just happened to be hanging out with my friend yesterday and thought about this question, nobody is being forced at gun point to reply here and if you dont like what I am asking then either dont reply, or dont look, I dont think that I have asked anything in a defamatory way, like I said I get along with everybody generally, I'm not trying to bug yas
smile.gif

Yes, I would have to say that most of these responses are categorically predictable...
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Originally posted by bonoman:
Go cry a river rougerm. If your gay and dont want to admit it but getting defensive wont make us blind from the truth.

>>>>rougerm is Anthony;s boyfriend!

Wha? How did you arrive to that conclusion? What gave it away???

Ant.

It is strange and somewhat disappointing that not a single person here will come out, or that in fact there are NO gay U2 fans that frequent this Forum.
I find that hard to believe.
I guess it IS very easy for me to say, but I just figure if one is going to pick a safe spot to acknowledge ones lifestyle it would be in this type of internet forum setting. Your privacy and annonimity is assured, as long as you dont give anyone else your real name and such.
Anyway, I'm straight, but find NO problem with gays and lesbians. To label and condemn any one group as evil and sick is wrong and against the teachings of Jesus (for any Christians out there). It also indictates a whole mess of psychological weaknesses and fears that I wont get into right now.
I have gay friends and coworkers... and they are just regular people!... (yawwwwwwn)

Oz! What up friendgirl!!!?????
I hope youre okay and still churning out that artwork!
God bless!

Peace

Oh I'm sure there are gay people in this forum, but maybe some people are just tired of sounding like an after-school special and are very tired of repeating themselves, so they'd just rather see you squirm. The reality is that, in America at least, homosexuals are defined by their sexuality. The rest of the world is not. And some people just prefer to remain an enigma.

Culturally, though, I know this is not a big deal in some nations. I know for one that when I was in the U.K., I was shocked to hear that being gay was kind of "popular." What a stark contrast to America, which generally perceives it in black-and-white--either denigrating stereotypes or hate-mongering. Both ends of the U.S. spectrum make me sick.

[end rant]

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 08-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Trash Can:

Oz! What up friendgirl!!!?????
I hope youre okay and still churning out that artwork!
God bless!

Peace

Yes I am still tinkering around with all the graphics stuff and I will have some new pics put up some time soon, you are a great person Trash Can, I always like what you have to say
smile.gif

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Well said Henry. It is a private and personal matter. My cousin who I was very close to was gay and died of aids. Some of my family members were very down on him and could not understand his lifestyle. Boy do I miss him.
frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, tinydancer.

foray

Bonoman, that was a basic bad reply and also predictable in being in bad taste. I get that responce from eleven year olds when saying gays shouldn't talk about their sexuality, they just come back with the responce, "you must be gay." or anything near along the lines of me being gay or having a boyfriend. And to think Bonoman, that I actually considered to hold you up to a higher standard, guess that was foolish to do.

~rougerum

ok you must have took that the wrong way.
I was joking. If you could read it again and not take everything so seriuosly. But i really could careless if you take it as a hit.

For what its worth, sorry for hurting your feelings. I'm sure i'll never live this one down...

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by melon:
Oh I'm sure there are gay people in this forum, but maybe some people are just tired of sounding like an after-school special and are very tired of repeating themselves, so they'd just rather see you squirm. The reality is that, in America at least, homosexuals are defined by their sexuality. The rest of the world is not. And some people just prefer to remain an enigma.

Culturally, though, I know this is not a big deal in some nations. I know for one that when I was in the U.K., I was shocked to hear that being gay was kind of "popular." What a stark contrast to America, which generally perceives it in black-and-white--either denigrating stereotypes or hate-mongering. Both ends of the U.S. spectrum make me sick.

[end rant]

Melon

Melon,
As much as a Patriot as I may come across to some people, I really agree with this. It really bothers me how some people are so self righteous and are so right, yet hate so much. Some people in America will broadly display their ignorance, as if it were a contest to see who is the stupidest. Unfortunately, those people always claim to be 'conservatives', but they are really just idiots. A lot of them don't even have a pot to piss in, but they are so correct in their beliefs that their so-called convictions are their undoing.

As long as nobody is outing other people here, I don't see what the big deal is. People can choose to reply in any way they want or ignore the question.

Where I come from, it's no big deal, and people are generally not defined by their sexuality. I think you'd have to be pretty uptight to worry about other people's sexuality.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else feel that men are much more insecure about these things than women? You know, all the old "dropping the soap" jokes?

Back
Top Bottom