Just remember...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, personally, all of the deaths are tragic and unfortunate. I'm praying the rosary for the people of Iraq and all parties involved in the conflict. I'm not necessarily following the Fox TV line. And just because the war has started I haven't started to like Rumsfeld. I'm very concerned and confused right now.

CrashedCarDriver said:
when an american/british/ally soldier is killed it is a tragedy

when an iraqi is killed, it is a statistic

You could apply the same logic to car crashes, lung cancer, sudden infant death syndrome, etc. I don't breakdown everytime I hear/read someone died, it's usually only when it's someone you know that you freak.

Re: Re: Just remember...

MrBrau1 said:

You could apply the same logic to car crashes, lung cancer, sudden infant death syndrome, etc. I don't breakdown everytime I hear/read someone died, it's usually only when it's someone you know that you freak.

This is a very profound statement. And so true. People die from preventable causes every day in every country. There are many things that could be done to lower the loss of life in this world. Are there mass protests outside tobacco companies? No. Do we demand that automobiles be unable to travel over 30 mph? No. Dare I ask, do the same protestors decry the death of unborn children? Is this really about loss of human life?

This leads me to believe that anti-war protesters on the street are protesting (or angry about) something else.

Re: Re: Re: Just remember...

nbcrusader said:

This leads me to believe that anti-war protesters on the street are protesting (or angry about) something else.

like what?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just remember...

kobayashi said:

like what?

I don't know. Economic policies? U.S. Politics? Because GWB is a Republican? A Christian? It just seems that loss of life is not a concern except for military conflict.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just remember...

nbcrusader said:

I don't know. Economic policies? U.S. Politics? Because GWB is a Republican? A Christian? It just seems that loss of life is not a concern except for military conflict.

well there is a general level of dislike for bush and his policies. perhaps you are right in that, at an administrative level, the opposition to the war with iraq might be motivated by issues very seperate from the war itself. it is an easy issue to latch other motives on to, just as the threat of terrorism is.

nevertheless, i think the millions who have marched in the US and other parts of the world are marching in opposition to the war.

Back
Top Bottom