Just In Time For May Sweeps, It's The Bird Flu Scary Movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I've seen the commercial for this-no thanks, I'll pass. Who would want to watch this, anyone?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1902688&page=1

" In one scene, the bodies are thrown on a pyre, like the carcasses of cows torched in the 2001 foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in Great Britain. The producers of the movie, from the writer of 2002's "Atomic Twister," bill their work as a "thinking man's disaster film."

ABC will broadcast the movie during sweeps, when networks often trot out scare fare to boost the ratings that help determine local advertising rates. The network isn't pushing "Fatal Contact" hard but has played up the bona fides of the movie, which it claims was "meticulously researched."

The filmmakers even brought in historian John Barry, author of the best-selling book "The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History," to review the script and make suggestions. Barry, in a telephone interview, said his involvement was much more limited than ABC has suggested. He did, however, dissuade them from showing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as having its own fleet of jets.

"I have some problems with it," Barry said. "It's certainly not a documentary."

Perhaps this just shows us what things we (in the US) truly have to fear in life.

This is a long way from "The Day After" or other such made-for-television movie.

If bird flu hits anyplace let's hope it is the U. S. and not Asia.

The "Good News" is that a large portion of the U. S. population are Christians
".....whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Back
Top Bottom