Just a thought:Bono in politics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think its great hta Bono uses his fame to highlight issues, but I dont think he has what it takes to be in politics - there are many people better suited and with a deeper udnerstanding.

Having said that there is something to be said for having someone without that knowledge in such a job - Shwaznegger for example: to give him credit he listens to his advisers and does what he thinks is best. As a result you have less underhand dealings and hidden agendas.

So in a way Bono would be great in politics, as would any normal, down to earth person!

Joshua T said:
there are many people better suited and with a deeper udnerstanding.

I find it funny how we always think that our politicians are somehow schooled on how to be a politician therefore they are more qualified than a musician or an actor. The truth is they aren't, it's one job that you really don't need that many qualifications...

President, all you need is to have been born here, be 35, a citizen, and have lived here for 14 years...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I find it funny how we always think that our politicians are somehow schooled on how to be a politician therefore they are more qualified than a musician or an actor. The truth is they aren't, it's one job that you really don't need that many qualifications...

President, all you need is to have been born here, be 35, a citizen, and have lived here for 14 years...

when are you going to run? :wink:

no really...when? :waiting:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I find it funny how we always think that our politicians are somehow schooled on how to be a politician. The truth is they aren't, it's one job that you really don't need that many qualifications...

My first thought after reading this: Obama supporter?

:wink:

flybabe said:
If he wanted to would Bono make a presidential candidate,would he make the world better?revise a revolution?
What do you think,and don`t make this thread junk people,please it is just for thought...

I thought you actually had to be born in the USA to run for presidency.....but Irish politics it would be great, he just has to brush up on current issues so he does not make a dickhead of himself, like the way that Peter Garret did a couple of times, they mean well, and it's OK to make a few blunders, but unfortunately rockstars just can't make mistakes, pollies are like flies to shit on that sort of thing!

I think the law that you have to be born here is stupid. Besides that, you don't have to be born here to run for lesser office. Just ask Schwarzenegger. Bono could run for a lesser office. But I don't want him to. He wouldn't be able to do anything controversial, and he has to in his present capacity. He's doing so much good in this capacity.

I agree with the person who said that running for office would ruin Bono. It's possible perhaps, long after his day job has run it's course, he could enter politics, but the self-promotion that goes with "running" for office would destroy him if done too soon.

unico said:

when are you going to run? :wink:

no really...when? :waiting:

I have 3 more years before I'm elgible for that paticular office, but you won't see me running anytime soon. I once had a desire to get into politics, but after seeing some family members go through it, no way...

2861U2 said:

My first thought after reading this: Obama supporter?

:wink:

Well I haven't really decided who I'm supporting yet, although I lived in Chicago for awhile and saw some of the good he's capable of...

But I was really thinking of Reagan, Bush, or Arnold when I wrote that...

2 actors and a "business" man that ran every business into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom