judging others.. big deal!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
why do so many atheists and christians alike do it? it seems they both share the philosophy. i on the other hand see nothing wrong with it, and people tend to get so hung up when you talk shit. for christ sakes, get a sense of humor!

"why do so many atheists and christians alike do it? it seems they both share the philosophy."

Are you talking about judging others?

I'm thinking that's what you mean.

Judging others is the reason why there are many atheists today. I have left my church because of that.

It's terrible. I used to play in the church band and then when I got my girlfriend they told me I couldn't play anymore. I was actually alright with it because the band is a lot of pressure and work.

But then the side-effects began to kick in. Everyone started talking behind my back and saying stuff about my girlfriend. I go to church and I feel constant stares to the guy who was "kicked out of the band for being horny", even though my relationship with my girlfriend is the sweetest thing in the world and neither of us has bad intentions of hurting anyone else. We simply want to be together and left alone.

The rejection was so bad I haven't gone to church in like two months. I used to go every single Saturday, sometimes I spent the entire day there, so two months is a big deal for me.

It's really a hard situation for me because my "sin" is no worse than anyone else's except that I'm open about it and I am not a hypocrite or a liar to anyone who asks me if I do indeed have a girlfriend. So many people that aren't criticized gossip and invent bad things about others and they're running around guilt-free because they haven't been "labeled" as "sinners".

It is very hurtful to be in a place you worked so much for and then all of a sudden be deemed "not worthy" to be around those you once thought brothers and sisters.

That is why I'm sure some you have noticed I have done a 180 on the whole gay marriage. They don't want to hurt anyone else. They just want to be together. Why judge them? Why reject them?

Jesus loved everyone as they were. Prostitutes and thiefs alike were forgiven and loved by him. Why can't we do this today? Why is it so hard to "love thy neighbor and not use their shortcomings as our own self-esteem boosts?

Stop judging other people. You will never know what circrumstances drove them to where they are.

(I apologize if I somewhat hijacked this thread.)

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:

That is why I'm sure some you have noticed I have done a 180 on the whole gay marriage. They don't want to hurt anyone else. They just want to be together. Why judge them? Why reject them?

Jesus loved everyone as they were. Prostitutes and thiefs alike were forgiven and loved by him. Why can't we do this today? Why is it so hard to "love thy neighbor and not use their shortcomings as our own self-esteem boosts?

:up: I, too, have done pretty much a 180 on the issue of gay marriage. Just as of today, I've come to my senses. I'm proud to say I support civil AND religious marriages of ANY two consenting adults.

Anywho, as for judging, I agree that a lot of Christian churches take it WAY too far. However, I also think a lot of people feel they're being unfairly "judged" at times when they're really not. I've challenges the opinions of people I know for the sake of a legitimate discussion and they're like "stop judging me!" when really I'm just trying to understand why they believe what they believe. Being challenged is not the same as being judged.

That's where you might be different to some LivLuv. Some people slap on a label, a sinner, or whatever, and that's it. Decided. No dialogue on why or questions. Just heaping people into a nice neat box.

Back
Top Bottom