Judge Uses French Law!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Ro ... Sham ... Bo!!! :wink:

Judge: ‘Rock, paper, scissors’ to decide dispute

TAMPA, Fla. - A federal judge, miffed at the inability of opposing attorneys to agree on even the slightest details of a lawsuit, ordered them to settle their latest dispute with a game of “rock, paper, scissors.”

The argument was over a location to take the sworn statement of a witness in an insurance lawsuit.

In an order signed Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell scolded both sides and ordered them to meet at a neutral location at 4 p.m. June 30 to play a round of the hand-gesture game often used to settle childhood disputes. If they can’t agree on the neutral location, he said, they’ll play on the steps of the federal courthouse.

Stupid lawyers

TAMPA, Fla. - ....an insurance lawsuit.

:hmm: Tampa and insurance lawsuit... I can't help but wonder if that might have something to do with the insurance company based out of Tampa who hired my previous employer to adjust claims after Hurricane Wilma last October. When I left that job in February, we were still trying to sort out that mess! I read an article about three weeks after I took my current job that the insurance company in question was apparently being investigated for some questionable finances.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out this is a hurricane damage claim that's escalated to the courts & that they're the defendant in this case. :shame: :slant:

And the judge's decision on this is certainly novel, but it sounds as though it's pretty appropriate. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom