Judge Orders Couple Not To Have Children - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

Of course not. I never said they were "problems" or shouldn't be here and no one in their lives right now would ever make them think they aren't wanted or loved. But, the sad fact is, they have been in therapy for the past 4 years and it doesn't look like there is an end in sight...they continue to have problems and those problems won't disappear when they hit adulthood. Addiction is genetic and despite being raised by loving adoptive families, they are still at risk. They are wonderful kids but they ARE damaged emotionally.

What I am saying is they didn't ask to be in 7 foster homes before the age of 5 and they didn't ask to born with drugs in their systems. They didn't deserve to live in filthy motels and be so scared of abandonment, they couldn't sleep alone for years after they were adopted. And the person who did this to them, their birth mother, is still fertile and can do this to 4 more kids if she so chooses. They can lock her up for using drugs and writing bad checks, but they can't undo the damage she's done to the innocent kids she brought into this world. If I had it in my power to ban her from getting pregnant again, I would.

What a shame, was there no one in the family who would take them? I know a lady whose sister was a slut and a druggie (not saying your sis is) and had a little girl she wasn't taking care of. The father disappeared and quit paying. Their mother took her in but had too many health problems to raise her. So an unmarried sister with a good job took her and put her through private school. This girl was so disturbes as a kid, she sleepwalked into traffic and pooped her pants until she was 11. Now she is an intelligent young woman about to graduate with honors, and will be going to college in the fall. She plans to move to NY after college and work in the fashion industry.

I know of another lady who abandoned her four kids, all under 8, and took off with a trucker. Th kids were alone for 3 days before the grandmother found them. She took 2 and the biological father took the other 2. They are all doing well, and when the "mother" showed back up they would not allow her to have or even see the kids she deserted.

Old 05-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Angel

I know of another lady who abandoned her four kids, all under 8, and took off with a trucker. Th kids were alone for 3 days before the grandmother found them. She took 2 and the biological father took the other 2. They are all doing well, and when the "mother" showed back up they would not allow her to have or even see the kids she deserted.
Good. I'm sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but kids are not puppies or kittens or toys you get sick of playing with. You just DONT leave them!! It's one thing if a parent has a substance abuse problem and gives his or her child to foster care in order to get cleaned up, but you cannot just LEAVE a child with no one.

It's so hard to say what will happen to abandoned/abused children. I have two cousins who are biological sisters and my mom's cousin adopted them together after they had been molested by their stepfather. The older of the two has had serious problems ever since. When she was 17 she ran away with her trashy boyfriend and when police found her, she accused her adopted (good) parents of sexually abusing her. Now she has a baby of her own and she's 20. But on the other hand, my little sister has a friend who was adopted after someone found her wandering the streets barefoot in the snow. She had been kept in a cage in her basement and fed hotdogs for years and one days, she got out and crawled out a broken window. My sis says she's one of the nicest kids ever, but God only knows what goes on inside her head.....I wish I could put her mother in a cage for years...

Old 05-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I don't like it when people get tired of puppies or kittens and deset them either
Old 05-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #19
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:56 PM
I understand that it's really bad to see how some people treat their kids but i think the government should never ever be allowed to decide who can have children and who isn't allowed to.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:07 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
I understand that it's really bad to see how some people treat their kids but i think the government should never ever be allowed to decide who can have children and who isn't allowed to.
That's not what they're doing.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #21
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:56 PM
Thee parents get in jail if they have another kid during the period the government decided.
Well i understand the judge and that it's a good intention but i think that the government should never ever have the right to decide something like that.
So it's what i said above, just temporary but in principle it's the same problem