John Kerry was AWOL - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:15 PM
John Kerry was AWOL

This just in......

Senator Kerry only showed up to vote 36% of the time last year, 2003.

If I showed up 36% of the time to do my job I would be fired. Anyone else make $154,000 and only show up to do their job 36% of the time?

http://www.congressmerge.com/onlined...r=&fullvotes=1

Shall I go back another year?

Old 03-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:15 PM
Re: John Kerry was AWOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
This just in......

Senator Kerry only showed up to vote 36% of the time last year, 2003.

If I showed up 36% of the time to do my job I would be fired. Anyone else make $154,000 and only show up to do their job 36% of the time?

http://www.congressmerge.com/onlined...r=&fullvotes=1

Shall I go back another year?
I don`t know, can he give his vote by someone else ? Ore by phone ? If he do not vote does that means it would make no diverence to the end result ? Is not voting means no and he would vote no anyway? Is it illigal not to vote ? Is it illigal not to turn up to vote ?

Old 03-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:15 PM
I don't know a lot about what is normal, but I looked at the year's votes for Edwards and Kucinich and they looked pretty similar to Kerry's. I would think that if you were out on the road campaigning, it would be pretty impossible to be in DC for every vote.

I couldn't find on that site where to go another year back. I would be curious to know what his voting record was like for other years, cause if his voting record was that bad while not campaigning, I would consider that a big problem. I looked up one of my senators and she had voted almost 100% of the time, but i have no idea what average is.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

I compared him to Ted Kennedy, and thereis no comparison. Kennedy showed up for pretty much almost everything.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:15 AM
'AWOL' is a curious choice of word, I thought for a second this thread was going to be about Kerry's Vietnam record.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:15 PM
yes, but Kennedy hasn't been out campaigning for president, which is my point. I'm curious to know what Kerry's voting record looks like from other years.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:02 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
yes, but Kennedy hasn't been out campaigning for president, which is my point. I'm curious to know what Kerry's voting record looks like from other years.
I am sorry...but for the past year....he may have been campaigning...but he is collecting my tax money to pay his salary.

Sorry....36% is terrible.....no matter what he is doing.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:08 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Kerry's salary amounts to about a half a cent per person per year in the U.S. (assuming an estimated 300 million American population). If you'd like me to mail you 85 cents to refund you for his 17 years (that's correct, isn't it? :P ) in Congress, then you don't have to worry anymore.

Anyway, I'm guessing that this post is not a real justification for a newfound hatred of Kerry, as much as this post is being used to justify a pre-existing hatred of Kerry for whatever reason. Seeing the voting records of previous Congressional presidential candidates, however, Kerry appears to be on par.

Melon
Old 03-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Do you have any links to show that he is on Par with past candidates.....

And...I have made it clear that I have reasons....from military to education....to be disappointed in the type of job he and his office has done in the state.

This to me is out of line. But maybe I am wrong, I have tried to find info to show if it is on "par" or not on par.

Hate is a strong word to put into my mouth or to characterize this thread.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

I really don't know how you could think that Bush could be any better on any issue, from military to education.

Melon
Old 03-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Which leaves me in quite a position now does it not?
Old 03-08-2004, 12:25 AM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:15 PM
I'll admit to not knowing a lot about how this works. I have some of the same questions as ILuvLarryMullen does. I do know that many on both sides decide not to vote because they are not sure where they stand or are reluctant about a lot of the "baggage"(the term slips my mind right now, but all the crap that they slip into a law, what's it called) that comes with the vote or what not. And yes he is campaigning and that shoud be taken into consideration, it's not as if he's completely ignoring his job, ideally he's still working towards bettering this country. But I don't think this will be an issue with Bush, I don't think it would be wise for him to bring up this issue when he's sitting on one the largest vacation times for a president in history, especially for one who waged a war.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:46 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Which leaves me in quite a position now does it not?
I'll put it this way. If Bush is allowed for a second-term, he'll go overdrive in destroying America. After all, he can't go for a third term, so he has nothing to lose. Expect nothing but ultra-conservative appointees and agendas.

Kerry, though, would be at his first term. He'll be in that same precarious position, and he'll be more cautious in a first term.

You can't go wrong with that.

Melon
Old 03-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I'll put it this way. If Bush is allowed for a second-term, he'll go overdrive in destroying America. After all, he can't go for a third term, so he has nothing to lose. Expect nothing but ultra-conservative appointees and agendas.

Kerry, though, would be at his first term. He'll be in that same precarious position, and he'll be more cautious in a first term.

You can't go wrong with that.

Melon
You know Melon it's sad that we have to vote on these terms but I agree with you 100%. It scares the ever living sh*t out of me that an election like this has come down to these terms. I fear for America.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:08 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I fear for America.
Our pols, after all, are a reflection of our nation, as a whole. That's what I fear the most.

Melon