John Kerry wants to be prez, what do you think of him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So Senator Kerry from MA wants to run for president in 2004. I don't really have an opinion on him, other then I'd sooner see a woman run for the Democrats. (And, no, not Hillary.) But anyhow, I'm sitting here reading last month's Rolling Stone (I was looking for the Adam story, but it's the wrong issue.) They have a story about Kerry, so I read it. I dunno what I think of him. I like where he stands on some issues, but not all of them. I wouldn't be disappointed if he won the nomination, but I'm not in love with him. So what do you think? Any Kerry supporters around here? Any Kerry haters? Here's where he stands on the issues:

Abortion:
Pro Choice

Military:
Favors increased spending

Crime:
Stonger crime laws, stronger punishment for sexual predators

Death Penalty:
Against

Education:
Breaks from the Dems position here, he favors teacher-tenure reform and public school choice

Taxes:
Wants to lower payroll, estate and taxes on small businesses.

Women's Issues:
Supports Equal Rights (as if anyone would say the didn't
rolleyes.gif
)

Gay Rights:
Voted against anti-gay marriage act, supports stronger haite crimes and employment non-discrimination

Enviroment:
Very pro-enviromental protection

Dubya Bush:
doesn't like him
biggrin.gif

...anyway, I don't like his postion on education. And his stances on taxes and gay rights seem shady. Your opinions? Discuss.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
i think Jesse Ventura should run for prez so that he can 'dropkick' the opposition
biggrin.gif
that and we need an non religiously-biased, athiest leader.

lol, you obviously don't live in Minnesota.

errr..well, Jesse is...Jesse. He has a tendency to do the "open mouth insert foot" thing. Lately, I think he's been duking it out with the House and Senate to balance the budget. I dunno. I guess I don't mind him all that much, although he does have a groan-inducing/forehead-slapping factor. At least he's different, I spose. But I don't think he'll be re-elected.

Back
Top Bottom