John Kerry said what? My mind is officially made up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
Still waiting for a news link.

Or was the quote that started this taken out of context?

I have such a reoputation for doing that too:angry:

nbcrusader said:

A voice we should be listening to, or a person whose influence we should understand.

If he is spewing out anti-American, anti-semetic rhetoric, I'm not sure how much "listening" we should do.

Exactly.

For him to even entertain the thought that this cleric, who has not even the respect of the leadership in his own country, should be listened too makes my stomach curl.

I have transcribed to the best of my ability:

[Q]Kerry: "Well, ah, it's interesting to hear that when they shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq and, well -(HERE HIS AID IS MELTING DOWN WAIVING NONONO)- let me, let me, let me change the term 'legitimate.' When they shut a newspaper that belongs a voice, because he has clearly taken on a far more radical tone in recent days and aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment. So he has his own set of needs in order to deal with the possible, you know, future spread of terrorism."[/Q]

Hamas and hezbollah are SORT OF a terrorist alignment????

Dreadsox said:

Exactly.

For him to even entertain the thought that this cleric, who has not even the respect of the leadership in his own country, should be listened too makes my stomach curl.

Dread do you deny that this man had people who listened and followed his teachings?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Dread do you deny that this man had people who listened and followed his teachings?

Check the thread in war....I started it last AUGUST. I know who Sadr is.

Dreadsox said:

Check the thread in war....I started it last AUGUST. I know who Sadr is.

And shouldn't we listen to our enemies. How can you fight your opposition if you don't them? You can't do it by ignoring them. I think that's what Kerry was trying to say.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And shouldn't we listen to our enemies. How can you fight your opposition if you don't them? You can't do it by ignoring them. I think that's what Kerry was trying to say.

This would be valid if the man had popped up recently.

Sadr has been a thorn since last year in April and May of 2003.

What I hear is a candiate that said, no he should not be arrested, two he is a legitimate voice or a voice.

It is clear to me he is not prepared to handle this siutation. SADR said two weeks ago 9/11 was a blessing from God. SADR was responsisble for killing another cleric. SADR tried to kill the main Cleric in Iraq. Sadr has been in Iran and allegedly has been taking orders from Clerics in Iran. Sadr has built his own governement in Iraq. I wrote about this last August as being a THREAT to turning over the country to Iraq.

Kerry seems to be unable to grasp the situation. He turns it into a political, its GW's fault for not building a coalition. This problem has nothing to do with coalition.
Shall I continue?

Sadr has been opposed to the new governement, and believes ng to do with educating Iraqi's how power willbe transferred.

Dreadsox said:

This would be valid if the man had popped up recently.

Sadr has been a thorn since last year in April and May of 2003.
And how long has it taken Bush to respond? Kerry shouldn't be singled out in this criticizing.
Dreadsox said:

What I hear is a candiate that said, no he should not be arrested, two he is a legitimate voice or a voice.
This isn't what I heard at all.

Dreadsox said:

It is clear to me he is not prepared to handle this siutation. SADR said two weeks ago 9/11 was a blessing from God. SADR was responsisble for killing another cleric. SADR tried to kill the main Cleric in Iraq. Sadr has been in Iran and allegedly has been taking orders from Clerics in Iran. Sadr has built his own governement in Iraq. I wrote about this last August as being a THREAT to turning over the country to Iraq.

Kerry seems to be unable to grasp the situation. He turns it into a political, its GW's fault for not building a coalition. This problem has nothing to do with coalition.
I'm well aware of SADR's actions. I'm also well aware Bush hasn't done much up to this point either. For Kerry it is political at this point, he's running, Bush is president and should be doing his job a lot better.

You honestly don't believe things would be different with a true coalition?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
You honestly don't believe things would be different with a true coalition?

I doubt Sadr's positions and statements are fueled by a "lack" of international consensus. Saddam kept his hate in check. Now Sadr has room to breathe.

nbcrusader said:

I doubt Sadr's positions and statements are fueled by a "lack" of international consensus. Saddam kept his hate in check. Now Sadr has room to breathe.

It's much easier to preach anti-Americanism when they are practiacally the only ones in your backyard. If everyone was in your backyard people may begin to question a little more. Where do the majority of terrorist come from? Where do so many Americans harbor hatred towards?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This isn't what I heard at all.

I will listen for a fifth time. I heard a man clearly not prepared for the questions.

No, I do not think a true coalition would make a difference in respects to Mr. Sadr. 100% I believe this.

Al-Sistani has made a statement condemning al-Sadr but I don't know how much good it will do. This whole situation has me scared big time. I remember Dread's first post about this guy from last year. We're not all going to agree about Kerry's choice of words, hell, the guy's a political candidate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom