John Kerry opens mouth betrays the troops - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #16
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I love how Bush simplifies everything to the point where he can manipulate the uneducated, uninformed, and ignorant
so many opportunities for a funny post on this one

but I still like to believe that Bush has surrounded himself with brighter men than he is himself

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 03-20-2004, 05:48 PM   #17
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
so many opportunities for a funny post on this one

but I still like to believe that Bush has surrounded himself with brighter men than he is himself

.... and when I do refer to "Bush" ... I also mean those behind the 'man'. It's fairly obvious that the person 'Bush' is no more intelligent than a bush, and has people making his administration what it is (which is not implying it's anything good).

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:34 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Some people can be easily manipulated because they do not take the time to investigate the facts.

Some people can be manipulated by ignoring the facts.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:36 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
[B]The link in the first post opens on page 2

this quote is from page 1
And I quoted from page one in my post....and then moved to page two.

It is really not that hard to move back....you obviously were able to.

And the quote from the staffer is a joke.

He voted against it to appear more Deanlike in the primary when he was forced to the left because it looked like he was going to lose it.

Nothing more.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I love how Bush simplifies everything to the point where he can manipulate the uneducated, uninformed, and ignorant.... and it seems intentional. Wouldn't it be better to EDUCATE the citizens of this country on the realities of the issues? I guess not according to Bush.
I guess that based on this statement above, we can conclude that you feel anyone who supports Bush is undeucated and easily manipulated?

I have not yet decided where my vote is going. I have written in McCain the last three times I have voted.

My vote really does not count living here in Kerry's home state, unless he pulls a Gore and loses MA.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

I guess that based on this statement above, we can conclude that you feel anyone who supports Bush is undeucated and easily manipulated?
I did not say or imply that ANYONE who supports bush is uneducated and easily manipulated.

I made a statement about how he does tend to easily manipulate those that are uneducated, etc.

That is also not stating anything about who or how Kerry may or may not manipulate.

Please, don't flip flop my words.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:14 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

That is why I said...I guess....
Old 03-20-2004, 10:15 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Whoa, I thought I walked into an anti-GOP cliche fest.

Worried about corporate greed? Find out how many millions the Kerry family has invested in big corporations, like Walmart.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:51 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:44 AM
It's funny that criticism of Bush is responded to by criticising Kerry. Particularly when people in this thread have made it clear they're neither Bush nor Kerry supporters.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:21 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Worried about corporate greed? Find out how many millions the Kerry family has invested in big corporations, like Walmart.
Do mean this ?

http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/
Old 03-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
It's funny that criticism of Bush is responded to by criticising Kerry. Particularly when people in this thread have made it clear they're neither Bush nor Kerry supporters.
I found that fairly amusing also.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:49 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
[Q]I found that fairly amusing also.[/Q]

In case you both missed it. Senator Kerry is my Senator. I made it clear in the primaries that I did not want him to win the nomination. My candidate would have been Lieberman if I could have picked him myself. Then I was rooting for Edwards.

I have had first hand experience with Mr. Kerry's office. I watched over 200 reservists get ignored by his office after Desert Storm. At least Senator Kennedy tried to help us out, and I give him credit for this. I have also heard from NUMEROUS teachers that I work with that over the years, there has been very POOR response from his office.

I have said on these boards that I was very open to another person but unfortunately, Kerry, due to my experiences is not exactly the guy I am willing to vote for. Maybe that will change. A lot can happen between now and November.

My initial comments in the thread were a observation about Kerry not following through. He did it for political reasons as did Edwards. They were forced to the left as George Bush was forced to the right in 2000. That is what happens in the primaries.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

I have also said that I enjoy the political process of electing a President tremendously. I spent my senior year in college do a thesis paper on the topic. The process is about getting through the primaries as close to what you believe as you can without selling too much of your soul along the way.

On Bill Mar's (SP) show the other night he pointed out that the American people always say that they want a truthful candidate, yet when we get a McCain or a Dean to give us the straight talk we always seem to vote for the other guy.

Mr. Kerry needs better handlers.

The full story of the ad is interesting and highlights how a candidate get s pushed away from his initial position.

Deep, an argument could be made that he voted yes the first time knowing full well that bill would fail. Just as his advisor said it was a protest vote. I can sit here and think he voted yes the first time to cover his ass.

He said on TV he would vote for it. He did not. He then responded in double speak. The Kerry clip on the end was added to the original ad.

POINT: He needs to get ahold of himself. He does not have the money to recover from mistakes like this. The Bush machine does.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Of course it is best not to make mistakes. I think this has alot to do with why he's taking a vacation. Now, that is not a mistake. We do have seven months of the campaign to go. We have the conventions, the debates, etc, etc, and I think the conventions are going to be particularly important. I also think John McCain's observation that so far both campaigns are too negative and too partisan is right on. The campaign that is *perceived* to be closest to the center will carry the day. People want a campaign not a war. Based on what we've seen so far we're in for a depressing campaign. While the American people do not expect campaigns to be tea parties they tend to be turned off by too much negativity. I'm afraid this stuff could be bad for the unity of our country.