John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #106
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
im contemplating my next move

DB9
Where you thinking?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:39 PM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege
Mr McCain and a few others are the only real Republicans left.
There are the "Barry Goldwater" fiscal conservatives and then there are the "Christian Coalition" social conservatives. The latter is what dominates the GOP, whether one likes it or not. This is, ultimately, why I have ever hesitated to vote Republican, even if there are a few Republicans that I happen to not mind. McCain, despite his efforts, is still quite powerless against the core establishment of the GOP, which I find to be utterly repugnant.

Melon

Old 12-09-2003, 01:08 AM   #108
The Fly

Local Time: 10:43 AM
I wouldn't exactly call McCain a Goldwater Republican. However McCain has the balls to stand up to the Religious Right in his party and say "Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark!"

--Eric
Old 12-09-2003, 02:17 AM   #109
Refugee

I applaude Kerry for not giving a shit about word choice. It's about time that somebody called Bush on his failures.

The problem with most political discourse is that it's to anesthisized and people tune out. Kerry was most likely trying to strike a chord with disenchanted voters, and I think he'll succeed on some level.

It's look like the uber-uptight Howard Dean is going to get the nomination. I don't think he'll appeal to most Americans simply because he's more or less an Al Gore clone. Don't the Democrats see the genius of Clark or even Sharpton or Kucinish?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:20 AM   #110
ONE
love, blood, life

genuis? apparently not.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:46 AM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano

1-It's look like the uber-uptight Howard Dean is going to get the nomination.

2-Don't the Democrats see the genius of Clark or even Sharpton or Kucinish?
dano
item 1 was one of the smater things you posted
item 2 not so smart.

db9

Bono said recently that the 'heartand of America is the moral compass of the United States'..
The heartland of America overwhelming supported GW Bush as shown by the graph.
Lastly, most ppl from the heartland of America would think it "unpresidential" to swear publicly in the printed press, this is why Kerry is on is way out no matter how many misguided folk think is behavior in vouge.

Do you get it now?

Keep hope alive, pray for the youth.

DB9
Old 12-09-2003, 08:02 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:43 PM

Diamond, you could have least used a figure that has actually got something to do with the subject.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:07 AM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

Teeth-
u should reread my post.

db9
Old 12-09-2003, 08:36 AM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:43 PM
No, I still don't get what the past presidential elections have to do with Kerry using the word fuck.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:08 AM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

I would refer you to the title of this thread..

DB9
Old 12-09-2003, 11:40 AM   #116
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Micheal Moore? Did he say the f word too?
Old 12-09-2003, 11:56 AM   #117
ONE
love, blood, life

What diamond's deceptive map doesn't show is that pretty much all the populated areas voted Democratic in the last election. Heck, even the entire state of Massachusetts voted Democratic, according to that map. That's pretty impressive, considering that this state consistently votes in a Republican governor to complement the 2/3+ Democratic Congress they vote in.

Melon
Old 12-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

i thought the top 1 percent lived in those blue areas and all the poor bumpkins lived in the red areas?

is there something wrong with expecting a president or presidential candidate to be respectful? is kerry saying fuck the end of the world? no... is it a big issue in the grand scheme of things? no... but is there anything wrong with wanting our president to be respectful and not use foul language in public? absolutely not... at times i can have as foul a mouth as anyone... but i was taught growing up to be respectful of others... so i try not to use foul language in public, in the workplace, in front of family, or around children or the elderly. it's not that i'm some puritan, conservative person who wishes to put my morality on others. it's simple respect.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Bono said recently that the 'heartand of America is the moral compass of the United States'..
I think that had more to do with the issue he was touring here for than who we all voted for for president.

Quote:
The heartland of America overwhelming supported GW Bush as shown by the graph.
Lastly, most ppl from the heartland of America would think it "unpresidential" to swear publicly in the printed press, this is why Kerry is on is way out no matter how many misguided folk think is behavior in vouge.

Do you get it now?

Keep hope alive, pray for the youth.

DB9
Not all us heartlanders find a person swearing "unpresidential" . And again, there's no need to worry about us youth who have no problem with this. Just because some of us younger people don't have a problem with someone swearing ('cause, once again, we need to look at the context these words are used in before we get all up in arms, first off, second, words will only offend those who let them offend them), that does not mean that we're lost or something, or whatever else you're implying.

Headache, point is, though, lots of presidents and the candidates for president have swore-didn't someone point out the fact that Bush swore at one point, too? Swearing doesn't automatically equal disrespect. Sometimes it's just a way to help get a point across. Kerry wasn't using the word to describe Bush personally. He used it to describe the political actions the Bush administration made in regards to Iraq. And actions can't be offended by a word, only people can.

Angela
Old 12-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:43 PM
diamond, I'm from the South, the most conservative part of the U.S. I recall GWB swearing during the 2000 election. He called some journalist a "major league hole". He was standing right beside Dick Cheney, who said "big time" after Bush uttered his a-word. OK, plenty of people around here are going to be offended by the use of profanity, but they disapproved of GWB using it also. They voted for him but then it was Gore who didn't use profanity--and couldn't carry the South to save his life.