John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #91
War Child

Local Time: 10:36 AM
I think Kerry said it in a moment of righteous anger. It's too bad that he wasn't able to bite his tongue before it came out. Bush used the same term when talking about Saddam Hussein before the war machine was set in motion, before we were let in on the big plan. His words?
"Fuck him."

Old 12-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:36 AM
And that's why he will get my vote.....

Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 PM   #93
The Fly

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Do we live in such a puritan society that a politician can't speak his mind. Senator Kerry basically summed up the feelings of the majority of the people on this planet.
Senator Kerry knows what its like to be in REAL combat, he has earned his say when it comes to the wrongful endangerment of our troops.
Mr Bush never earned that right, he was just given it. It also shows the fault of The Republican Party. They wanted someone who would be a puppet, hence why they selected Bush over a much more qualified individual like John McCain in the 2000 Primaries. This mess wouldn't be happening if McCain had been given the Republican Nomination, he seems to be one of the few old school REAL Republicans left.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:11 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Please. The "puritan" card is overused.

We have such things as decorum. A complexity of which most people do not realize.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:39 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
Aristotle said just the same thing. So have millions of people after him, but guess what? The world hasn't stopped turning just because not every generation has opinions and beliefs that precisely match the generation before them.

Besides, it's not the young people in this thread who find it necessary to reduce the debate down to the level of this comment: "listen i think there are a handful of u that need to b put over my knee."
Well said. .

Angela
Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Well said. .

Angela
Old 12-08-2003, 08:42 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Please. The "puritan" card is overused.

We have such things as decorum. A complexity of which most people do not realize.
Well Said!

Matt
Old 12-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege

Mr Bush never earned that right, he was just given it. It also shows the fault of The Republican Party. They wanted someone who would be a puppet, hence why they selected Bush over a much more qualified individual like John McCain in the 2000 Primaries. This mess wouldn't be happening if McCain had been given the Republican Nomination, he seems to be one of the few old school REAL Republicans left.
That is really not true.

Mr. Bush, who I did not support in the Primaries....won the nomination process.

Was McCain more qualified, yes. McCain came off terrible in the debates. He lost his composure with a reporter (mrs. Schwarzennager). He had the temper problem.

McCain has also been one of the Presidents largest supporters of the Iraq policy, much to my dismay. Up until recently, he has barely spoken a critical word of his policies.

I did vote for Bush in the ELECTION, not because I wanted him to win, but because I knew he had no shot at winning the ELECTORAL votes in the state of Massachusetts.

I am about useless ..... sorry.....meds kicking in....but....I think you are off on your theories above.l
Old 12-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #99
The Fly

Just because people vote him in, doesn't mean he has earned the right to be President.
Most American's are just so stupid that they vote for personality over education, credentials, and qualifications.
Let's see what did The Republicans have to choose from.

A. An articulate, educated war hero, and former POW, as well as years in public service. He spent five years being brutally tortured while Dubya was off getting high and drunk with his Frat buddies!Not to mention helping lead the crusade for campaign finance reform, something Dubya and others never want to see happen.

B. An AWOL Air National Guardsman, Failed Businessman, Lousy Governor, Not to mention a former cokehead and alcoholic. However he was supported by the Religious Right, and was the son of a former President. Not to mention he partially owned the Texas Rangers.......lord I hate the Rangers.

Gee.......tough choice.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:39 PM   #100
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege

A. An articulate, educated war hero, and former POW, as well as years in public service. He spent five years being brutally tortured while Dubya was off getting high and drunk with his Frat buddies!Not to mention helping lead the crusade for campaign finance reform, something Dubya and others never want to see happen.

B. An AWOL Air National Guardsman, Failed Businessman, Lousy Governor, Not to mention a former cokehead and alcoholic. However he was supported by the Religious Right, and was the son of a former President. Not to mention he partially owned the Texas Rangers.......lord I hate the Rangers.

Gee.......tough choice.
I've turned into some damn liberal, course I've always been a progressive. But in response to the OMG special interest written into each legislation that may actually do a liitle bit of good. I've been forced to move to the used to be middle.

Like what is all in the Omnibus legislation. Several laws that were already defeated, such as new FCC legislation. removal of overtime laws, new pork barrel money..

Has any administration in your knowledge gotten their controlled commitees to add back defeated legislation to a different bill.

Not in my F***ing lifetime. This is another instance that he must GO.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:58 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

ucking,fay illiant,bray. Is that ok? well, uck fay ooh,yay.
(please don't quote me)
must be the full moon...

edited to say: this wasn't aimed at anyone. Just felt like saying it.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:03 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

McCain was why I bacame a republican...I still can recognise that he blew it in the primary process...as has Mr. Kerry.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:43 PM   #103
The Fly

Mr McCain and a few others are the only real Republicans left.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life

im contemplating my next move

DB9
Old 12-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #105
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 02:36 AM