John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Kerry said it in a moment of righteous anger. It's too bad that he wasn't able to bite his tongue before it came out. Bush used the same term when talking about Saddam Hussein before the war machine was set in motion, before we were let in on the big plan. His words?
"Fuck him."

Do we live in such a puritan society that a politician can't speak his mind. Senator Kerry basically summed up the feelings of the majority of the people on this planet.
Senator Kerry knows what its like to be in REAL combat, he has earned his say when it comes to the wrongful endangerment of our troops.
Mr Bush never earned that right, he was just given it. It also shows the fault of The Republican Party. They wanted someone who would be a puppet, hence why they selected Bush over a much more qualified individual like John McCain in the 2000 Primaries. This mess wouldn't be happening if McCain had been given the Republican Nomination, he seems to be one of the few old school REAL Republicans left.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
:yawn: Aristotle said just the same thing. So have millions of people after him, but guess what? The world hasn't stopped turning just because not every generation has opinions and beliefs that precisely match the generation before them.

Besides, it's not the young people in this thread who find it necessary to reduce the debate down to the level of this comment: "listen i think there are a handful of u that need to b put over my knee."

Well said. :).

Angela

nbcrusader said:
Please. The "puritan" card is overused.

We have such things as decorum. A complexity of which most people do not realize.

Well Said!:up:

Matt

Skwege said:

Mr Bush never earned that right, he was just given it. It also shows the fault of The Republican Party. They wanted someone who would be a puppet, hence why they selected Bush over a much more qualified individual like John McCain in the 2000 Primaries. This mess wouldn't be happening if McCain had been given the Republican Nomination, he seems to be one of the few old school REAL Republicans left.

That is really not true.

Mr. Bush, who I did not support in the Primaries....won the nomination process.

Was McCain more qualified, yes. McCain came off terrible in the debates. He lost his composure with a reporter (mrs. Schwarzennager). He had the temper problem.

McCain has also been one of the Presidents largest supporters of the Iraq policy, much to my dismay. Up until recently, he has barely spoken a critical word of his policies.

I did vote for Bush in the ELECTION, not because I wanted him to win, but because I knew he had no shot at winning the ELECTORAL votes in the state of Massachusetts.

I am about useless ..... sorry.....meds kicking in....but....I think you are off on your theories above.l

Just because people vote him in, doesn't mean he has earned the right to be President.
Most American's are just so stupid that they vote for personality over education, credentials, and qualifications.
Let's see what did The Republicans have to choose from.

A. An articulate, educated war hero, and former POW, as well as years in public service. He spent five years being brutally tortured while Dubya was off getting high and drunk with his Frat buddies!Not to mention helping lead the crusade for campaign finance reform, something Dubya and others never want to see happen.

B. An AWOL Air National Guardsman, Failed Businessman, Lousy Governor, Not to mention a former cokehead and alcoholic. However he was supported by the Religious Right, and was the son of a former President. Not to mention he partially owned the Texas Rangers.......lord I hate the Rangers.

Gee.......tough choice.

Skwege said:

A. An articulate, educated war hero, and former POW, as well as years in public service. He spent five years being brutally tortured while Dubya was off getting high and drunk with his Frat buddies!Not to mention helping lead the crusade for campaign finance reform, something Dubya and others never want to see happen.

B. An AWOL Air National Guardsman, Failed Businessman, Lousy Governor, Not to mention a former cokehead and alcoholic. However he was supported by the Religious Right, and was the son of a former President. Not to mention he partially owned the Texas Rangers.......lord I hate the Rangers.

Gee.......tough choice.

I've turned into some damn liberal, course I've always been a progressive. But in response to the OMG special interest written into each legislation that may actually do a liitle bit of good. I've been forced to move to the used to be middle.

Like what is all in the Omnibus legislation. Several laws that were already defeated, such as new FCC legislation. removal of overtime laws, new pork barrel money..

Has any administration in your knowledge gotten their controlled commitees to add back defeated legislation to a different bill.

Not in my F***ing lifetime. This is another instance that he must GO.

Last edited:
ucking,fay illiant,bray. Is that ok? well, uck fay ooh,yay.
(please don't quote me)
must be the full moon...

edited to say: this wasn't aimed at anyone. Just felt like saying it.

Last edited:
McCain was why I bacame a republican...I still can recognise that he blew it in the primary process...as has Mr. Kerry.

Skwege said:
Mr McCain and a few others are the only real Republicans left.

There are the "Barry Goldwater" fiscal conservatives and then there are the "Christian Coalition" social conservatives. The latter is what dominates the GOP, whether one likes it or not. This is, ultimately, why I have ever hesitated to vote Republican, even if there are a few Republicans that I happen to not mind. McCain, despite his efforts, is still quite powerless against the core establishment of the GOP, which I find to be utterly repugnant.

Melon

I wouldn't exactly call McCain a Goldwater Republican. However McCain has the balls to stand up to the Religious Right in his party and say "Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark!"

--Eric

I applaude Kerry for not giving a shit about word choice. It's about time that somebody called Bush on his failures.

The problem with most political discourse is that it's to anesthisized and people tune out. Kerry was most likely trying to strike a chord with disenchanted voters, and I think he'll succeed on some level.

It's look like the uber-uptight Howard Dean is going to get the nomination. I don't think he'll appeal to most Americans simply because he's more or less an Al Gore clone. Don't the Democrats see the genius of Clark or even Sharpton or Kucinish?

moore-9914.jpg

genuis? apparently not.:wink:

Danospano said:

1-It's look like the uber-uptight Howard Dean is going to get the nomination.

2-Don't the Democrats see the genius of Clark or even Sharpton or Kucinish?

dano
item 1 was one of the smater things you posted
item 2 not so smart.

db9
election2000-1.gif

Bono said recently that the 'heartand of America is the moral compass of the United States'..
The heartland of America overwhelming supported GW Bush as shown by the graph.:up:
Lastly, most ppl from the heartland of America would think it "unpresidential" to swear publicly in the printed press, this is why Kerry is on is way out no matter how many misguided folk think is behavior in vouge.

Do you get it now?:hmm::wink:

Keep hope alive, pray for the youth.:)

DB9

Last edited:
Diamond, you could have least used a figure that has actually got something to do with the subject.

No, I still don't get what the past presidential elections have to do with Kerry using the word fuck.

What diamond's deceptive map doesn't show is that pretty much all the populated areas voted Democratic in the last election. Heck, even the entire state of Massachusetts voted Democratic, according to that map. That's pretty impressive, considering that this state consistently votes in a Republican governor to complement the 2/3+ Democratic Congress they vote in.

Melon

i thought the top 1 percent lived in those blue areas and all the poor bumpkins lived in the red areas? :scratch: :shrug:

is there something wrong with expecting a president or presidential candidate to be respectful? is kerry saying fuck the end of the world? no... is it a big issue in the grand scheme of things? no... but is there anything wrong with wanting our president to be respectful and not use foul language in public? absolutely not... at times i can have as foul a mouth as anyone... but i was taught growing up to be respectful of others... so i try not to use foul language in public, in the workplace, in front of family, or around children or the elderly. it's not that i'm some puritan, conservative person who wishes to put my morality on others. it's simple respect.

diamond said:
Bono said recently that the 'heartand of America is the moral compass of the United States'..

I think that had more to do with the issue he was touring here for than who we all voted for for president.

Originally posted by diamond
The heartland of America overwhelming supported GW Bush as shown by the graph.:up:
Lastly, most ppl from the heartland of America would think it "unpresidential" to swear publicly in the printed press, this is why Kerry is on is way out no matter how many misguided folk think is behavior in vouge.

Do you get it now?:hmm::wink:

Keep hope alive, pray for the youth.:)

DB9

Not all us heartlanders find a person swearing "unpresidential" :wave:. And again, there's no need to worry about us youth who have no problem with this. Just because some of us younger people don't have a problem with someone swearing ('cause, once again, we need to look at the context these words are used in before we get all up in arms, first off, second, words will only offend those who let them offend them), that does not mean that we're lost or something, or whatever else you're implying.

Headache, point is, though, lots of presidents and the candidates for president have swore-didn't someone point out the fact that Bush swore at one point, too? Swearing doesn't automatically equal disrespect. Sometimes it's just a way to help get a point across. Kerry wasn't using the word to describe Bush personally. He used it to describe the political actions the Bush administration made in regards to Iraq. And actions can't be offended by a word, only people can.

Angela

diamond, I'm from the South, the most conservative part of the U.S. I recall GWB swearing during the 2000 election. He called some journalist a "major league :censored:hole". He was standing right beside Dick Cheney, who said "big time" after Bush uttered his a-word. OK, plenty of people around here are going to be offended by the use of profanity, but they disapproved of GWB using it also. They voted for him but then it was Gore who didn't use profanity--and couldn't carry the South to save his life.

Back
Top Bottom