John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FizzingWhizzbees said:
I'm still just staring at this thread in utter amazement that people have found four pages worth of comment on one word.

Mine is only two...adjust your settings...it won;t be as painful for you!!!!:wink:

Keep it up meg and this will turn into the Boy thread!

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I'm still just staring at this thread in utter amazement that people have found four pages worth of comment on one word.

I know what you mean. I don't care. This hasn't even been really widely reported on the news, it's not in the newspapers, not on my ISP's news. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

listen-
by uttering the f-bomb in an interview this shows the fellow has no respect for the office he was trying to get elected to.

by the younger posters here giving the candidate a pass shows how the youth of the nation are slipping and is a bit disconcerting.

thank u
db9

diamond said:
listen-
by uttering the f-bomb in an interview this shows the fellow has no respect for the office he was trying to get elected to.

by the younger posters here giving the candidate a pass shows how the youth of the nation are slipping and is a bit disconcerting.

thank u
db9

I could list a lot of things I think the current president has done to disrespect the office. Using a four letter word doesn't even come close to any of them.

But thanks for the lesson in morals.

perhaps kerry was still bitter over that whole grady little thing that he just let one loose :evil: guess we'll never know... i find dean's comments that bush was warned about 9/11 by the saudis before it happened only to distance himself from those comments when questioned on them to be much more, as dean put it, interesting, than kerry dropping an F bomb :shrug: but hey... that's just me.

Dreadsox said:

He said it on the record? To a reporter? As I have said I agree Presidents have colorful vocabulary. I am familiar with the Nixon quote, the man despised Kennedy, and if you believe good old Oliver Stone, was haunted by him, after he was dead. I am not looking for Presidents with colorful vocabulary. I am looking for Presidents who during an interview went on the record with a statement like this.

Truman had balls. Just think of that poor man, he was thrust into the office in the middle of the greatest crisis in world history(World War II) and came through.
Truman was a real President, not like this idiot in office.

Skwege said:

Truman had balls. Just think of that poor man, he was thrust into the office in the middle of the greatest crisis in world history(World War II) and came through.
Truman was a real President, not like this idiot in office.

I like the man myself........

:yes:

I am not saying this man compares.....This man has very good handlers.... Imagine if he did not:|

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

I like the man myself........

:yes:

I am not saying this man compares.....This man has very good handlers.... Immagine if he did not:|

Personally I think Bush is a very nice man. I know lots of people that have met him and had nothing but kind things to say about him.
Nonetheless he is a lousy politician, and has no business being President of the United States.

listen i think there are a handful of u that need to b put over my knee.:angry:

yes and Truman had balls.:up:
yes Bush is a kind man Skwege:up:

dread Bush has proved himself well w/o his handlers many times.
u know better than this:angry:

diamondbruno9:angry:

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
I could list a lot of things I think the current president has done to disrespect the office. Using a four letter word doesn't even come close to any of them.

But thanks for the lesson in morals.

Exactly.

Just because I don't have a problem with Kerry saying the "f" word, diamond, does not mean that I'm "slipping". I'm letting it slide because it's just a word and will only offend people if they let it. If Bush said that word, I wouldn't get all up in arms about it, either. That, and once again, we should look at the context it was used in. He was describing Bush's actions in regards to war with that word, not Bush's personality.

Angela

diamond said:

Just because they take him off the leash, doesn't mean they let him out of the yard.

diamond said:
the youth of the nation trouble me..;)

:yawn: Aristotle said just the same thing. So have millions of people after him, but guess what? The world hasn't stopped turning just because not every generation has opinions and beliefs that precisely match the generation before them.

Besides, it's not the young people in this thread who find it necessary to reduce the debate down to the level of this comment: "listen i think there are a handful of u that need to b put over my knee."

FizzingWhizzbees said:

:yawn: Aristotle said just the same thing. So have millions of people after him, but guess what? The world hasn't stopped turning just because not every generation has opinions and beliefs that precisely match the generation before them.

Besides, it's not the young people in this thread who find it necessary to reduce the debate down to the level of this comment: "listen i think there are a handful of u that need to b put over my knee."

Ever notice that we are gradually moving further and further away from Eden?

just an observation....

and methinks Diamond was saying the words in jest. I hope:huh:

diamond said:

Mr. Diamond....I love you brother.....:bow:

There have been moments without his handlers that have made Mr. Bush a very popular person among the general population. Then there are the moments that he has said or put something into a speech that have done more harm than good.

Mr. Bonovox makes some very well thought out points about the fact that being President has MANY pitfalls and opportunities for errors. Electing a President has much more to do about Job performance than vocabulary I agree, however, I also believe that Mr. Kerry has shown a character flaw with his behavior. This is not the behavior of someone that I would vote for. As many have pointed out his campaign is floundering. He is obviously bitter. It is starting to come out.

If Speaking of job performance. If Mr. Kennedy had lived, I would love to have seen what the election results would have been. There is ample evidence that could have been used against him starting with the Bay of Pigs. President Kennedy and Bobby also had quite a vocabulary as well, but I digress.

Back
Top Bottom