John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #136
The Fly

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Read below ......Where is your liberal compassion for the sick?
What the hell are you babbling about?

Old 12-09-2003, 09:19 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege

What the hell are you babbling about?
When you were making fun of my typo/spelling error....

READ BELOW!!!!

Old 12-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
OT

Dreadsox,

Did you see McCain on the Sunday programs.
He called Congress and the Senate "Drunken Sailors" as in spending money like Drunken Sailors. He should have said fucking drunken sailors.
I was watching Hillary on Meet the Press. I missed McCain
Old 12-09-2003, 10:01 PM   #139
Refugee

Dreadsox, I noticed that you didn't admit fault when Sharky proved Bush and the Republicans were being hypocrites. Did I miss it? Could you repeat it in case you didn't.

Also, this is off the subject but I just have to say that the Marx Brothers were in virtually every aspect better than the Three Stooges.

Also, again off the subject...I'm not using partisan viewpoints. Anyone, including yourself knows that I think all those who are still brainwashed by the two major political parties are naive and weakminded. I believe that the conservative zealots are more guilty of hypocrisy compared to the liberals, but that doesn't mean I'm defending everything the liberals do or say...unlike you. I don't think I've heard you utter a single negative word concerning your "buddies" in Washington. Again, I might be wrong on that, but if so would you just remind us all of where you stand on issues that in conflict with Bush? Thanks, you're a pal
Old 12-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Dano...

I think there are enough people who have seen me post to know where I stand after over 3,000 posts to know that I have no "buddies" in Washington. If you are trying to say I have supported Bush in this forum on every issue, then, ask STING, Scarletwine, Verte, NB or others if that is so. But I owe you no explination but you have a mouse at your fingertips, and you are more than welcome to click away and look for yourself

You noticed correctly. I have not commented. I can if you like.

1st, I do not condone, if true any of his behavior.
2nd, I have found not a single news site that backs the quotes that I find to be credible (That does not mean it did not happen, it means I do not find the sites to be credible)

3rd. NONE of the quotes meet the criteria I put forward in my first two or three posts in the thread. Bush was not running for President at the time he was allegedly quoted as saying these things. He was not saying them about his opponent nor directing them at his opponent.

Now before you try and paint me into a corner saying I am defending him. I have a daugher who is five. I would want to rip the head off of anyone who said that near my kid. And Yes, I agree with Sharky, if it is indeed true, it is worse in my mind than what John Kerry did.

You asked my opinion in relation to the thread.

Historically, which is what I have been asking for, there still has been no example given where a candidate for the office of the presidency has given a direct quote like this to a report about a sitting President.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:24 PM   #141
ONE
love, blood, life

for the record..Dread is known to b a little turncoat not easily polictically typecast.
he aggravates the shit outta us real conseratives

diamond.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:01 PM   #142
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:40 PM
For the record Dread (IMO) has been one of the most fair when it comes to this administration. Yes he may support them for the most part but he also states where he believes they do wrong. I've never seen Dread side with them unconditionally.

But Dread why do you make the point of stating Bush's cursing didn't happen during his campaign, or if they were pointed at his opponent. What does it matter? It's on record and he points them at a person.

And I feel for you right now. I'm on pain meds for my back(aggravated it during a touch football game of all things) so if I don't make sence...sorry.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
For the record Dread (IMO) has been one of the most fair when it comes to this administration. Yes he may support them for the most part but he also states where he believes they do wrong. I've never seen Dread side with them unconditionally.
*Nods* This is definitely true.

Quote:
But Dread why do you make the point of stating Bush's cursing didn't happen during his campaign, or if they were pointed at his opponent. What does it matter? It's on record and he points them at a person.
Exactly.

Angela
Old 12-10-2003, 02:58 AM   #144
Refugee

Local Time: 12:40 PM
You no-good fucking son of a bitch, I will never fucking forget what you wrote."

Yeah, who's not heard that, but had he said something like...

Thou shalt be taunted by the king's concubines, thou who art a byword for idiocy!

I pray thou shalt be plagued with gnats, flies and locusts, O ye plaything of Beelzebub!

Listen, thou offspring of a squashed cockroach, for you will be taunted by the king's concubines

May you be kicked by an incontinent camel

--------------
Or an Irish curse

May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills of Damnation that the Lord himself can't find you with a telescope.

So much better than using the f-word.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:05 AM   #145
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I think I have said I find presidential politics and the election process to be the part of American politics very interesting.

I agree if Mr. Bush the son of the President said those two things in 1987 and 1988 I would probably want to deck him. But, the thread, that I created had to do with the election process. The two statements in 87 and 88 I could not find anywhere in any kind of article in any kind of journal or newspaper on the net that I found to be a source that I trusted. This does not invalidate Sharkey's claim that it happened, because I indeed have a gut feeling that it did.

This is not me trying to weasle him out of making the statements. The only valid F_BOMB in my mind is the one in reference to Saddam, and for some reason, again this one does not bother me, but maybe this does make me a hypocrite. Although, I think of him more in his role as Commander in Chief saying it and it just does not bug me as much. It is the closest thing to the Kerry comment.

Peace
Old 12-10-2003, 07:29 AM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Verte-
Bush said that not knowing he was on mic..in a private coversation w Cheney..
On the other hand, Kerry proudly said it in the printed press..huge difference.

DB9
Indeed a huge difference. Kerry and Bush both use the same language, only Bush would like people to believe he doesn't. I think Kerry comes out as the bigger man in your example Diamond. I can't believe this discussion has been going on for 10 pages now. I also fail to see why this language isn't worthy of a presidential candidate, but is okay when a president uses it in his role as Commander in Chief or in private.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:50 AM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

And I feel for you right now. I'm on pain meds for my back(aggravated it during a touch football game of all things) so if I don't make sence...sorry.
HEHEH....I would give anything to have had my injury from touch football.....I am not trivializing your pain.

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC

I just think it would be better than having a Dr. travel through your JOHNSON pushing a kidney stone back up into your kidney shattering it. Travelling back through your Johnson three times to pull the pieces out. Travelling back into your Johnson another time to put a stint in, and waiting a week to travel into Mr. johnson to pull the tube out again.

Today I find out what is wrong because I am not supposed to be in pain.

And yes....I have said the F-Word a few times especially the first ten-twenty times I had to use the bathroom after surgery. If that makes my a hypocrite....so be it

I warned you all!!!!!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:36 AM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth

Indeed a huge difference. Kerry and Bush both use the same language, only Bush would like people to believe he doesn't. I think Kerry comes out as the bigger man in your example Diamond. I can't believe this discussion has been going on for 10 pages now. I also fail to see why this language isn't worthy of a presidential candidate, but is okay when a president uses it in his role as Commander in Chief or in private.
Dr Teeth-
Looks like your reaching.
What what man says privately to a confidante is different than a person aspiring to a job.
Most Americans would see Kerry's public conduct as juvenelle compare to Bush's private comment.
If that makes Kerry a bigger man to you, go figure.k:

DB9
Old 12-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #149
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Dread, I think I need another pill after reading that description. It hurt just reading it. Maybe two.

I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:40 PM
Damn, Dread, that hurts me just reading it too. I daresay it makes my arthritis feel like a joke, even though this cold weather is absoutely punishing my joints today. I think we need an ouchie smilie.
Sicy??
*JOKE! JOKE!*