John Kerry Hires Woman Fired For Having A Kerry Sticker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I'd like to know how they got away w/ firing her :eyebrow:

Kerry hires Ala. woman fired for sticker
September 15, 2004

DETROIT -- Democrat John Kerry has a new campaign worker helping him drum up support in Alabama after hiring a woman who was fired for displaying the presidential candidate's bumper sticker on her car.

Kerry called Lynne Gobbell on Tuesday after reading a newspaper story describing how she had been fired last Thursday from her job packing cellulose insulation at a Moulton, Ala., plant.

Gobbell said her former employer had told her she could either work for him or Kerry. She said Kerry told her, "Let him know that as of today, you're working for John Kerry."

"He was proud of me for standing up for what I believe in," the newly employed, 41-year-old said of her quick phone call with the candidate.

Gobbell said Kerry didn't offer too many details about her new position. She will be helping the campaign and may be traveling a little as it gets closer to the election.

Excellent.

And what an a**hole for a boss.

I'd say she has a lawsuit available, though it may be hard to prove, especially if Alabama is a right to work state.

Now if she was fired for her political beliefs then that company must be punished, it is so to say un-American to persecute somebody for their beliefs. If there is however more to the story than a simple "Woman Fired For Having Bumper Sticker" then that must also come out.

Damn, what an idiot. My state, too! That's disgusting. I work with Bush supporters at the library with no problem. Some people just have issues, I guess, and can't handle diversity. I think people like this are real scum.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
This woman's employer also put a note in their paychecks detailing how Bush's tax cuts allowed them to keep their jobs. You can read more about this at www.dailykos.com if you like.

The more I hear of Kerry, the more I like him. I think he is a truly decent man, and it will be America's loss if he is not elected in November.

nbcrusader said:
Maybe he can give everyone at his next rally a new car.... :wink:

Come on NBC--I know you're not a Kerry fan, but it was a classy thing to do.

Can't we acknowledge that even when it's the "other guy?" I've gone on record as giving Bush props for trying to get Iraq debt cancellation, for example.

SD

There is obviously more to this story. If it was as simple as her getting fired for having a Kerry sticker there would be a dozen trial lawyers breaking down her door. It would be a very winnable lawsuit.

MaxFisher said:
There is obviously more to this story. If it was as simple as her getting fired for having a Kerry sticker there would be a dozen trial lawyers breaking down her door. It would be a very winnable lawsuit.

No, the law is on his side, unfortunately.

MaxFisher said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good, heart-warming story....

Scarletwine said:
Excellent.

And what an a**hole for a boss.

I'd say she has a lawsuit available, though it may be hard to prove, especially if Alabama is a right to work state.

Yes Alabama is a "right to work" :crack: state. There may be more to the story, but there doesn't have to be. :shrug:

but don't let facts get in the way of any Kerry bashing... :p

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good, heart-warming story....

Hello NBC! :wave:

It seems unfair to Mrs. S to imply that what she posted isn't correct and then offer nothing further. If you have other facts to bring to light, please do so.

sd

NBC, you're a pretty cool guy to stand up for your beliefs despite all of our opinions from the left, including me. A conservative here in FYM is like me being a liberal here in the capitol of the confederacy :huh:

just a comment.

U2democrat said:
NBC, you're a pretty cool guy to stand up for your beliefs despite all of our opinions from the left, including me. A conservative here in FYM is like me being a liberal here in the capitol of the confederacy :huh:

just a comment.

At least he doesn't have to live in here. We have to live amongst the "enemy."

ah yes, what a thrill it is to live among NRA members, the fox news faithful, fundamentalist, "all liberals are unpatriotic" republicans. i'm not saying that's how they all are but those that live around me are like that.

U2democrat said:
ah yes, what a thrill it is to live among NRA members, the fox news faithful, fundamentalist, "all liberals are unpatriotic" republicans. i'm not saying that's how they all are but those that live around me are like that.

Ditto for me in Birmingham, Alabama. It doesn't get much more conservative that this. I'm a real fish out of water.

Back
Top Bottom