John Kerry = Bush Lite? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Re: John Kerry = Bush Lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
In recent months the more I've heard John Kerry speak and the more I've read stories quoting him, the more I've begun to think of him as "Bush Lite."

An editorial that appeared in the L.A. Times a week ago Sunday echoed and answered some of my thoughts and questions about Kerry.

I honestly don't think I can vote for this guy.

To me, he has no clear vision for the future except for regurgitating the themes and refining the policies of our current president.

He sounds more like another warmonger rather than someone who has a heart for peace.
I think that if Kerry is elected, he will need to finish what Bush has started. I believe that if Kerry is elected the country will once again pay attention to the middle class/poor vs. the rich. Editorials are only opinions. Check out John Kerry's campaign and see if you like what you read.

http://www.johnkerry.com

Iraq:

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/iraq/

Old 06-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:11 AM
Re: Re: John Kerry = Bush Lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

I think that if Kerry is elected, he will need to finish what Bush has started. I believe that if Kerry is elected the country will once again pay attention to the middle class/poor vs. the rich. Editorials are only opinions.
These are good points as well. I haven't even read an editorial in months. They're sometimes useful but rarely authoritative. I get my news from the Internet from both U.S. and foreign sources.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Re: Re: John Kerry = Bush Lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

I don't know what Kerry stands for either and I would not vote Dem anyway, since they're far too right for my liking.

Quote:
But I find Bush to be so incredibly offensive on every possible level that I can completely understand people wanting to vote for anyone but him.
I can also understand this viewpoint. I just don't know that I can be one of those people. I am fed up with the spinelessness of the Dems and I am fed up with the Fucked-Up-In-the-Head Four, i.e. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz and the disaster they've created in Iraq, and for Kerry to be speaking the same Homeland Security bullshit language as these freaks is enough for me to dismiss him as an electable candidate.

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

I think that if Kerry is elected, he will need to finish what Bush has started.
I don't disagree. The question is, how will Kerry sort out the mess? In my opinion, he does very much come across in his words as someone who will continue the "War on Terror"-based fearmongering, insane policies of Bush, with some refinements (and not neccesarily positive refinements, either). I find that troubling.

Plus, isn't it too late for Kerry to seek global cooperation on Iraq? What's done is done. The invasion is a complete disaster and it isn't hard to figure that we will see stateside terrorist acts of revenge in the near future. Of course, if there is a terrorist act in the U.S. during Bush's tenure, that will only work to his favor. Bush will turn up the volume of the fearmongering and his millions of non-questioning followers will fall in line. It's all too predictable. I can hardly wait.

Quote:
I believe that if Kerry is elected the country will once again pay attention to the middle class/poor vs. the rich. Editorials are only opinions. Check out John Kerry's campaign and see if you like what you read.

http://www.johnkerry.com

Iraq:

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/iraq/
I will check out those links, BostonAnne. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:50 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Quote:
I can also understand this viewpoint. I just don't know that I can be one of those people. I am fed up with the spinelessness of the Dems and I am fed up with the Fucked-Up-In-the-Head Four, i.e. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz and the disaster they've created in Iraq, and for Kerry to be speaking the same Homeland Security bullshit language as these freaks is enough for me to dismiss him as an electable candidate.
Oh, I agree with you there 100%.

In Canada, we were in a similar situation. The Conservatives were gaining (hello Bush Part Deux), and the Liberals were saying, it's better to vote for us, save ourselves from Republican lunacy. Well, I went and voted for the NDP, which is the leftist social democratic party here, but unlike in the US, it actually has party status, and gets people elected and will play a major role.

It's hard not to vote your conscience, although I'm not sure what I would have done if it was a dead heat race.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:00 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Re: Re: Re: John Kerry = Bush Lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

Plus, isn't it too late for Kerry to seek global cooperation on Iraq? What's done is done.
I don't think it's ever to late to set things right. We should be allowed to learn and grow from our mistakes.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

The way I see it the situation is Iraq is just totally unpredictable. I was wary of action in Iraq precisely because I thought the situation was too unpredictable and volatile. Now there are Wahhabist jerk terrorists on the loose all over, and I don't believe these nuts give a damn who's sitting in the Oval Office. They give a damn that U.S. troops are in Iraq. They *might* want to spit out their guts on anyone who's not Arabic or Muslim. The new leader is a Shia Muslim. To a Wahhabist a Shia Muslim isn't a Muslim, he or she is an infidel. Of the four who were busted for the bombing of the Shia mosque, two were from Saudi Arabia, two were Iraqi Wahhabists. They've killed Brits, Poles, Ukrainians, Koreans........no matter what we do in November with the election, I'm afraid we've just got a hell of a mess on our hands because our troops are stuck in there. So I think you may be right pub crawler, it just might be too late to clean this mess up. Fifteen months of incompetence has already happened. It's a damn shame. I really feel bad for all of the sane, non-terrorist types in Iraq. They deserve better.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:40 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
...Now there are Wahhabist jerk terrorists on the loose all over, and I don't believe these nuts give a damn who's sitting in the Oval Office. They give a damn that U.S. troops are in Iraq. They *might* want to spit out their guts on anyone who's not Arabic or Muslim.
Oh, I think this is a foregone conclusion. I wonder how many Americans realize the extent of the mess we are in as a result of the "liberation" of Iraq as carried out by messrs. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz. My guess is that most people are in an intellectual slumber. Most Americans probably feel that things must be okay because, after all, Iraq has been given back its sovereignty. lol. *shakes head*

I think it's utterly predictable that in the near future there will be a terrorist act committed on U.S. soil as an act of revenge, and this will work in Mr. Bush's favor. He's really set himself up nicely.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

There is a an article in the new TIME magazine about the "new Jihad" in Iraq. These people are going to act come hell or high water. They have yet to round up the big shot terrorist from Jordan (damn, I forget how to spell his name--I'm a linguistic klutz). Iraq is going to be a breeding ground for terrorists for years to come, I'm afraid. What can *anyone* do at this point?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM   #24
New Yorker

While I agree Kerry is Bush-lite when it comes to Nat'l Security and Iraq, he couldn't be farther from Bush on issues such as the environment, healthcare, women's issues, affirmative action and other social issues

Keeping Bush from nominating a Supreme Court judge is enough to keep him from a second term.

I mean when a sitting CIA terrorist expert calls Iraq a Christmas present for Osama, things have got to be pretty bad and I think he should go on Iraq alone.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:03 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
While I agree Kerry is Bush-lite when it comes to Nat'l Security and Iraq, he couldn't be farther from Bush on issues such as the environment, healthcare, women's issues, affirmative action and other social issues
I always here such statements, but when the Presidency changes from R to D or D to R, very little changes in our world.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

I'd be more afraid of Kerry appointing a judge
Old 06-30-2004, 08:19 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I like Kerry on domestic policy. It's his foreign policy that's a question mark for me.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I'd be more afraid of Kerry appointing a judge
Why because he'll appoint judges that actually respect the separation of church and state? Yes that will be terrible.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #29
War Child

Old 06-30-2004, 08:48 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Why because he'll appoint judges that actually respect the separation of church and state? Yes that will be terrible.
that's unfair. i still haven't decided who to vote for but part of me would rather have bush appoint judges due to being pro-life. and my reasons for being pro-life don't simply fall under "church" reasons, but that's a whole different thread (note: please people do not start an abortion argument in this thread). i'm first in line in support of the separation between church and state. this being said there are reasons i wouldn't want bush appointing judges as well. i don't think either of us know kitten well enough to assume that she has no respect for the separation between church and state.