John Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, perspective is everything in this argument. For some, Fox is too liberal. For others, everything is corporation controlled conservative dialogue.

You're absolutely right...in the eyes of the beholder. Although the people that find Fox as too liberal scare me.:wink:

It also depends on what you're guaging the Liberal or Conservativeness on. Take radio for example; many would label a lot of the "shock jocks" (Howard Stern, Russ Martin, etc.) as being liberal because they're antics and subject matter wouldn't fall into your conservative social behavior. But politically they are almost conservative as Rush. So I really think it depends on your tools of measurement.

I would prefer some cordiality in the ensuing debate, starting with you in particular womanfish; could you please not bring the question of someone's sanity into the debate.

No personal comments, from anyone. Please.

Ant.

It's definitely subjective. It depends on the point of view of the person making the call. I must admit I'd flip out if someone accused the local newspapers of being liberal. Everyone I know does consider them conservative.

-original post deleted -

I think I've been spending too much time in other forums that are much more.... shall we say.... ruthless.

Sorry Dread.

Last edited:
womanfish said:
-original post deleted -

I think I've been spending too much time in other forums that are much more.... shall we say.... ruthless.

Sorry Dread.

It's all good...I was off my meds....:lol:

Can't comment too much on US media obviously, although I was under the impression that most tv/radio in the US leaned right, most newspapers leaned left.

We do get CNN and FOX here. CNN used to be good, I think they are just chasing FOX now and are a victim to ratings.
I can't even begin to describe my distaste for FOX. Sometimes I'm at a friends and we are flicking through the channels, come across Hannity or someone on FOX, and just sit there in amazement "Can't believe this is real".
And no-one can argue that it's not right wing. Murdoch himself has said it was set up that way as a deliberate competitor to CNN's left leanings.
"Fair and Balanced" my arse.

It's ok, whether they are left of right, don't worry, they are doing a good job of educating the American public.

Saw a show here last night where they had a guy on the street in LA interviewing people at random. He was asking them "Who should America attack next?" then asking them to point out the country nominated on a map. The map had a few of the country names written in the wrong places as a bit of an extra challenge.

A couple of people, in all seriousness, said 'France' but couldn't really explain why. One guy said that the whole of the Middle East should be nuked into a glass ashtray. Another said Sri Lanka but then admitted they had no idea why or where Sri Lanka was, they just had 'heard the name around'. And of course most said Nth Korea. But on the map 'Nth Korea' was written where Australia is, with 'Sth Korea' being New Zealand. Everyone just accepted it. A few made a comment on not realising how big Nth Korea was.... :huh:

and we wonder why so many americans support the war in Iraq. regardless of the media in this country, Bush is good at propaganda. Better than most presidents. The guy is more teflon than Clinton.

That being said, I should disclose that I work for the elite print media. But considering the organization I work for, I can assure you that my company is not a member of the liberal media. And be aware, that the media leaning you are all referring to appears on the editorial pages of papers, not the news pages.

ANNNYWAY

I really appreciated Kerry's evironmental policy

cos I HATE politicians' viewpoint of alternate energy sources taking money and profits and jobs...thats why the US didn't sign Koyoto.... it's GOING to happen in the next 50 years; I'll be surprised if there are any gas-fueled cars. The US should lead the way...in the end more jobs will be made and you'll be the world leader in making the environment better

FUCK GAS AND OIL!!!

Back
Top Bottom