John Edwards, Raising The States

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
It makes my day when he calls me his friend :wink: this sounds good if it would actually work

http://www.oneamericacommittee.com/

Dear Friend,

I want to let you know that I am launching a major new project called "Raising the States" to help Democrats build and maintain majorities in state legislatures all across the country.

State legislators are on the front lines when it comes to issues like fighting poverty and moving more Americans into the middle class. I want to help Democrats work from the ground up to address these important issues and I want to do everything I can to support the next generation of Democratic leaders.

Far too often, people think that the solutions to the problems we face as a country must come from Washington, but much of the important work on the issues Americans face every day is done in the states.

State legislators can do a great deal to fight poverty, expand educational opportunities, and make health care more affordable. That's why it is so important that Democrats do everything we can to strengthen our state legislative caucuses in every state.

Over the next few months, I will attend events for Democratic state legislative caucuses in New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Maine, Wisconsin, Missouri, South Carolina, and Michigan, and I will also be attending more events for additional Democratic state legislative caucuses later this year.

Because of my commitment to helping the next generation of Democrats, I am also helping Democratic state legislative caucuses recruit strong candidates to run for office all across the country.

Please stay tuned and visit our "Raising the States" section at our One America Committee Web site. During the coming weeks and months we will update you on how we are helping state legislative candidates and highlight some of the Democratic Party's brightest state legislative stars.

With your help, we will work side by side to ensure that we build and maintain majorities in state legislatures throughout the country.

Your friend,

John

i got that e-mail too :up:

i really like what he's doing in his spare time....the poor in america are overlooked WAY too much.

a person can be earning $8.70, over three dollars over minimum wage, 40 hours a week, and will still be considered at the poverty line. :tsk: lets not forget our own neighbors here at home as we also focus on those overseas.

Back
Top Bottom